UConn 2016-17 Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn 2016-17 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2 probably @ ND
1 Maine game will be @ Fenway but will be a home game.
I guess 1 at Orono this year and next yr will be 2 @ home against Maine.
Cause 14/15 was 1H/1A , 15/16 was 2 A, and this year will be 1H/1A and I'm assuming 2 @ home in 17/18.

Yale @ home should be good.
Our away OOC is decent. 2 @ Ohio State, Quinnipiac, RIT, Colgate, and the desert classic.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't care about the first 3 games opponents because at that point I'll just be happy to watch hockey again. Also SHU is ok in my book, if we're eventually trying to set up a CT Beanpot it would make sense to continue scheduling each other once a season.

I'll admit though it would be better to beef up the rest but I'm going to hold my complaining until next season if we're playing UAH yet again.

Reaction Score
I bet no more UAH. I hope the 2 away and 2 home will be it.
They gotta find better opening day home games.
the 1st home game against BC was loud, full, and a great game
Arizona State and Alabama Huntsville... not so much.

Reaction Score
It had been reported earlier in this thread that UConn would be playing at Arizona State and its tournament. Arizona State has released its schedule and there is no mention of UConn or the tournament.

Reaction Score
It had been reported earlier in this thread that UConn would be playing at Arizona State and its tournament. Arizona State has released its schedule and there is no mention of UConn or the tournament.
The second annual Desert Hockey Classic will feature Brown University, UCONN and St. Cloud State. The Devils will take on Brown in the second game of the tournament at 7 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 30 with the location to be determined. UCONN will play St. Cloud State in the opening game at 4 p.m.

Sun Devil Hockey Announces First Full NCAA Schedule for 2016-17

Reaction Score
The second annual Desert Hockey Classic will feature Brown University, UCONN and St. Cloud State. The Devils will take on Brown in the second game of the tournament at 7 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 30 with the location to be determined. UCONN will play St. Cloud State in the opening game at 4 p.m.

Sun Devil Hockey Announces First Full NCAA Schedule for 2016-17

On the link below, the Arizona State does not show the Desert Hockey Classic. I don't know why that would be so given the above story. However, the link below only contains 32 games, so I would hope that sometime soon Arizona State will get around to adding the games indicated in their press release.

Ice Hockey - Schedule - Arizona State Sun Devils

Reaction Score
I bet no more UAH. I hope the 2 away and 2 home will be it.
They gotta find better opening day home games.
the 1st home game against BC was loud, full, and a great game
Arizona State and Alabama Huntsville... not so much.
Unfortunately most home openers in hockey are non-conference opponents, much less any big name opponent. For some reason UConn's home schedule in 14-15 was really odd in that they were on the road for a month before playing at home - that won't happen again. Most teams schedule the first couple of weeks as OOC schmucks or exhibitions. That said, UConn-BC would be a really nice opening weekend event on Columbus Day weekend or something.

Reaction Score
Guessing no because they didn't draw flies to Bridgeport. But if it is a home game and do is booked it might be the only option
Didn't they say they were no longer going to play games in Bridgeport?

Reaction Score
They did but what other reason is there for the location to be: TBD?

This is unlikely, but I suppose there is a chance that it could also be played in Hartford depending on the availability of the XL Center. A lot of AAC men's basketball games are scheduled for Thursday nights, so they could be waiting to see if UConn men's basketball is scheduled to play at Hartford that night.

Reaction Score
Guessing no because they didn't draw flies to Bridgeport. But if it is a home game and do is booked it might be the only option

Bridgeport could do alright. I went to the ND game and I barely made it. It was a ghost town because it was 1 1/2 of snow, sleet, freezing rain mix. Sketchy. I was late to game from
Hartford area. Most casual fans from central/northern CT weren't driving in that crap.
Good weather? People will make the drive...

Reaction Score
I was at Freitas today while attending the women's soccer game. I noticed that they had finally put up on the wall the 2016-17 schedules for the UConn ice hockey teams. The men's schedule has the January 12th game against Maine as being held in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
I was at Freitas today while attending the women's soccer game. I noticed that they had finally put up on the wall the 2016-17 schedules for the UConn ice hockey teams. The men's schedule has the January 12th game against Maine as being held in Bridgeport.

Daily Campus Sports@dcsportsdept 7 hours ago
.@UConnMHOC is coming back to Webster Bank Arena this season. The #icebus will take on Maine on January 12 at 7:05 pm. #UConn

Reaction Score
UConn Hockey Back on WTIC This Season

>>The game broadcast schedule will be: Saturday, October 8 vs. Alabama Huntsville; Wednesday, October 19 at Quinnipiac; Friday, October 21 vs. AIC; Friday, October 18 vs. Boston University; Friday, December 2 at UMass Lowell; Saturday, December 3 vs. UMass Lowell; Friday, Dec. 9 vs. UMass; Saturday, January 7 vs. Yale; Friday, January 27 vs. Vermont; Friday, February 17 vs. Northeastern; Saturday, February 25 vs. New Hampshire.

The “UConn Hockey Radio Show” will debut on Wednesday, October 5 from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm. A full schedule of shows will be released at a future date.<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom