UConn’s week off comes at a good time | The Boneyard

UConn’s week off comes at a good time

Reaction Score
Much how power 5 football programs have bye weeks, always one but sometimes two in a season, basketball teams should be afforded the same luxury. Even the holidays in November and December often feature tournaments which take away from time with their families or even just resting from competitive games. It can give players time to be students, be young, and also just avoid the travel or game day grind for a few days.

There is a rhythm to the season and a coach doesn't want a long layoff to disrupt the routine but I think it's good when players can just breathe a little.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
From the article "Still, there’s a lot of season left — at least, UConn hopes there is — and most of its key players haven’t played this much basketball before. While Aaliyah Edwards and Nika Mühl have gone through the grind of a full season, nobody else has."
Didn't Paige, and Aaliyah and Nika, endure the grind of a full season their freshman season?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
From the article "Still, there’s a lot of season left — at least, UConn hopes there is — and most of its key players haven’t played this much basketball before. While Aaliyah Edwards and Nika Mühl have gone through the grind of a full season, nobody else has."
Didn't Paige, and Aaliyah and Nika, endure the grind of a full season their freshman season?
Maybe he's referring to the fact that their freshman season was shorter than normal owing to COVID.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Maybe he's referring to the fact that their freshman season was shorter than normal owing to COVID.
That could be a reason, but I still think he just made a mistake.
That season, 4 or 5 games were canceled, including a couple November and a couple more once conference play started.
We won the BE Tournament before playing in the Big Dance.
We ended the the season with a 28-2 record, losing to Arizona in the Final Four.
This season was a grind and I think Aaliyah was playing significant minutes at the end of the season but not sure about Nika.
But it's no big deal, just something in the article that caught my eye.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom