UCLA's blockbuster class - changing of guard? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCLA's blockbuster class - changing of guard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMO it is time to promote vowel's status from "AEIUO" to "recruiting geek." His recruiting charts are the best...everything there at a glance. Phil has "Stats Geek" status w/ good reason. I vote that honor be bestowed on vowel....:)

I agree, but AEIOU and sometimes Y? Will also be fitting.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Don't forget about the color coding!! I'm very proud of that. :)

That color you have for Duke is still too light for my taste
2mchx1h.gif

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
IMO it is time to promote vowel's status from "AEIUO" to "recruiting geek."....:)

-Well, sure, sure I'd agree Dave, but lets face it, our vigilant moderators aren't likely to overlook the obvious issue "recruiting geek" lacks the vowels "a" and "o".
- We're going to need alternate proposals pretty quick, before the next Moderator Executive Committee meeting adjudicates this.
- Good news: I feed this problem into my Commodore 64 five hours ago, and it just suggested "A recruiting gecko."

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Sure, you're a big man when it comes to knocking over kittens. Let's see you do that to a bear. ;)

It takes REAL bear to knock over an Icebear.
img-thing

Reaction Score
Totally agree. This is one reason I think we have a great shot at Katie Lou Samuelson. She wants to win a NC. Not going to happen at Stanford. In fact, once Chiney graduates, I don't see Stanford sniffing the final 4, never mind challenging for a NC.

In fact, going back to 2011, they haven't landed a single top 10 kid. They are landing some top 20 kids but...

2011 - Orrange #15
2012 - Beebe #13
2013 - McCall #11, Johnson #20

I'm not sure who they are expected to get, or who they are really going after in 2014, but there aren't that many top 20 kids left, and I don't think they have a shot at any in the top 10. Tara's a great coach and will get the most out of her kids, but the reality is that teams like Duke, Notre Dame, Maryland, UCONN, and now UCLA are recruiting better than them.

and none of those schools, including Duke, are close to Stanford's admissions policy/rate. I've spoken with Amy Tucker, who has been in charge of Stanford's recruiting since 1985, several times over the years about how tough recruiting is at Stanford, and it's much, much tougher than most think.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
and none of those schools, including Duke, are close to Stanford's admissions policy/rate. I've spoken with Amy Tucker, who has been in charge of Stanford's recruiting since 1985, several times over the years about how tough recruiting is at Stanford, and it's much, much tougher than most think.
Well, that makes sense. It's great for Stanford as a University, but not great for any of their sports teams.

Reaction Score
Stanford has Bonnie Samuelson, and her sister Karlie will be a freshman this coming year, right ?
If they sign Katie Lou, is there a chance all 3 sisters could be on the court at the same time, or will Bonnie already be graduated ?

Where will Katie Lou go to college ? Courtney Ekmark says that Katie Lou is one of her best friends.
Courtney had stated earlier in the summer that she was going to play club ball with Katie Lou for
Cal Swish who is coached by Russ Davis, one of Geno's good friends.

Is there a chance that Courtney could bring Katie Lou to UCONN ? Katie Lou can go anywhere she wants. They say Kaleena had a lot to do with Stewie's (baby husky) decision to come to UCONN.
Who really knows why Kaleena, & Stewie chose UCONN ? Is it UCONN's winning program ? Possibly.
I believe though it is mostly Geno Auriemma ! Kaleena even said as much. Remember what he said about Diana... "I was not going to let her cheat her talent"!
What a coach, and what a program ! I am so lucky to call UCONN my program !

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I am so glad you are back here Cardfan. It's been too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom