UCL & Europa | The Boneyard

UCL & Europa

Reaction Score
It's a Bundesliga - La Liga challenge series this week in UCL with three teams form those two leagues paired against each other
Dortmund v. Real. The Yellow wall is pretty sick, some of the best fans in football. Curious if Pulisic gets any run v. the title holders.
Atletico v Bayern should be great too.
Barca at M'gladbach.... Johnson will have his hands full
Spurs head east to Moscow... tough road trip to then get back to London for a match v. City a few days later.
Juve heads east to Zagreb, another tough road trip
Leiccester home for Porto
City and Arsenal have what should be a easy 3 points @ Celtic and v Basel.. respectively.

For Europa matches...
United hosts Zorya.. which United team will show up?
Southampton travel to Israel, should come away with points v Hapoel Beer Sheva

Reaction Score
Arsenal needs those 3 points against Basel now. Their schedule is easy (on paper0 through October. Then after a Champions match at Ludogorets on November 1st, they then get 3 tests back to back - v. Tottenham on Nov 6, @ Man U on Nov 19, and then v. PSG on Nov 19 with likely a Cup game thrown in their, too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Dortmund v. Real. The Yellow wall is pretty sick, some of the best fans in football. Curious if Pulisic gets any run v. the title holders.

I figured that Pulisic didn't start Saturday so he would be fresh for the Real game. I could be wrong.

Reaction Score
Spurs road trip to Moscow is without 4 or 5 injured starters (depending on whether you think Cissiko is a starter). We may get our first sign as to whether they have recovered any mental toughness from the collapse at the end of last year.

Reaction Score
Doesnt get the start. Hopefully we see him sub on.

Reaction Score
Wow, Pulisic is scary good, and he is just getting going.

Reaction Score
Spurs with a nice road win v. the Ruskies
Leicester over Porto... the Foxes are playing stronger in UCL than EPL.
Juve is owning their group, as expected
As mentioned above, Pulisic with a late assist to earn the draw v Real.

Reaction Score
Wow, Pulisic is scary good, and he is just getting going.

Looks like he won or stole a ball deep in Real's end, then cut towards the box before delivering a cross for the game tying goal. Damn.

Sadly, looks like my two secondary teams are in trouble as Clubb Brugge has lost their first two matches in Group G and have a GD of -7 while Lyon has split their first two games and sit in 3rd in Group H with a GD of +2. They have to get points against Juventus in their next match.

Reaction Score
Good day for me so far. The Gunners are in control at home against Basel up 2-0 at '75 and have only allowed 1 shot on goal. PSG was behind 1-0 early; but are now up 3-1. Celtic and Man City decided to forgo defense today as they are tied 3-3 at '75.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If anyone thought the one EPL team to not get 3 points this week was Man City playing Celtic, well I tip my cap.

Reaction Score
They're back at it this week. The biggest match up would be Barca v City on Wednesday. Not too many other 'marquee' pairings though. Some of the games....

Spurs @ Leverkusen (leverkusen mid-table in the Bundesliga this year, though.
Dortmund @ Sporting
Leicester v Kobenhavn
Lyon v Juve
Arsenal v Ludogorets
Celtic v M'gladbach

For Europa:
United v Fenerbahce
Inter v Southampton

Reaction Score
CP had a fantastic 75 yard run that resulted in a shot over the bar. He didn't do a whole lot besides that. Good to see him go 90 again, though

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom