UCF's Breshad Perriman, 4.2 in 40 | The Boneyard

UCF's Breshad Perriman, 4.2 in 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First Byron Jones wowed NFL scouts with his amazing athleticism and now UCF's Breshad Perriman runs a 4.2 (one report was 4.150)

FY I, Perriman was a 2 star coming out of high school. His father, Brett Perriman played 10yrs in the NFL

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-wr-breshad-perriman-blazes-a-42-40-yard-dash

Having these 2 skill players with incredible tangibles go high in the NFL draft says something about the quality in the AAC and should not be ignored.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Hand timed 40's are poop. Hence the large asterisk. Fast? No fricken doubt? 4.2? Absolutely no chance in hell. Anyone want to bet he runs a 4.4+ electronic? My blazing 4.45 was a sloth like 4.64 when legitimately timed.

Reaction Score
Hand timed 40's are poop. Hence the large asterisk. Fast? No fricken doubt? 4.2? Absolutely no chance in hell. Anyone want to bet he runs a 4.4+ electronic? My blazing 4.45 was a sloth like 4.64 when legitimately timed.

It will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft. The main point of the post is there are some elite athletes in the American.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft. The main point of the post is there are some elite athletes in the American.
Well, elite athletes are only part of the story we need to have... the bigger part is an on-field product from each team that wins all out of conference games. All. I said the same thing for Big East Football recognition.

Then we need a sports network like Fox/CBS/NBC to start using us as a barb against ESPN and their power 5 story. That's the only way the AAC gets elevated, when another network can use our results to poke holes in ESPN and force them to recognize the conference.

Reaction Score
RedSoloCup said:
Well, elite athletes are only part of the story we need to have... the bigger part is an on-field product from each team that wins all out of conference games. All. I said the same thing for Big East Football recognition. Then we need a sports network like Fox/CBS/NBC to start using us as a barb against ESPN and their power 5 story. That's the only way the AAC gets elevated, when another network can use our results to poke holes in ESPN and force them to recognize the conference.

Sort of. The problem is people need to watch said network. If the horrible ratings for the Big East and Fox aren't a cautionary tale, I don't know what is. I'd rather watch PC vs St Johns than any AAC basketball game that UConn isn't involved in, yet I don't bother to pick up the clicker. ESPN controls sports media.

Reaction Score
When I worked on Wall Street I did a bunch of on campus recruiting for finance folks (mid 90s). I convinced them to let me interview kids at UCONN since I had to do the work, but I also visited Virginia, Cornell and a couple of other Wall Street feeder schools.

We would spend two day and interview 12 students per day.

The top students at UCONN where equal to the top students at Virginia. But after the top 4 or 5 the rest of the slate was mediocre at best. At Virginia I would interview 24 studs, most of which would end up with multiple offers from all of the big banks. None of the other banks were at UCONN at all.

Because there is talent somewhere just means there is talent somewhere. Depth is what matters. And right now the AAC doesn't have enough of it.

Reaction Score
These are the type of threads I promised not to post in and upset people. So I won't.

I'll just let people have their fantasies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Anyone want a good laugh?

From the Orlando paper when he signed:

This past weekend he scored again, securing a spot with UCF. Perriman chose the Knights over FIU, Florida State, UMass, Marshall, UConn and his dad's favorite, Miami.

Yeah, he was a 2 star that slipped through the cracks. LOL.

Reaction Score
Anyone want a good laugh?

From the Orlando paper when he signed:

This past weekend he scored again, securing a spot with UCF. Perriman chose the Knights over FIU, Florida State, UMass, Marshall, UConn and his dad's favorite, Miami.

Yeah, he was a 2 star that slipped through the cracks. LOL.
All offered or interest?

Reaction Score
Well, elite athletes are only part of the story we need to have... the bigger part is an on-field product from each team that wins all out of conference games. All. I said the same thing for Big East Football recognition.

Then we need a sports network like Fox/CBS/NBC to start using us as a barb against ESPN and their power 5 story. That's the only way the AAC gets elevated, when another network can use our results to poke holes in ESPN and force them to recognize the conference.

Winning all OOC games is a stretch. I will settle for .500 or better but I agree, the ESPN mantra that all non P5's are mid-majors is insulting if not slanderous propaganda.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
What is more important to GMs - a 40 time or a broad jump...?

Reaction Score
Winning all OOC games is a stretch. I will settle for .500 or better but I agree, the ESPN mantra that all non P5's are mid-majors is insulting if not slanderous propaganda.

below is the 2015 P5 schedule. (call BYU P5 eqivelent)

UCF - Stanford, South Carolina
Cincy- Miami, BYU
UCONN- Missouri, BYU
ECU- Florida, VA Tech
USF- FSU, Maryland, Cuse
Temple - Penn State, Notre Dame
Houston- Louisville, Vandy
Memphis- Kansas, Ole Miss
Air Force - Notre Dame
SMU - Baylor, TCU
Tulane - Duke, GA Tech
Tulsa - Oklahoma

23 games - This will be very tough. Wait and see

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Cincy- Miami, BYU
UCONN- Missouri, BYU
ECU- Florida, VA Tech
USF- FSU, Maryland, Cuse
Air Force - Notre Dame
SMU - Baylor, TCU
Tulane - Duke, GA Tech
Tulsa - Oklahoma

We have Navy, not Air Force.

Reaction Score

Cincy- Miami, BYU
UCONN- Missouri, BYU
ECU- Florida, VA Tech
USF- FSU, Maryland, Cuse
Air Force - Notre Dame
SMU - Baylor, TCU
Tulane - Duke, GA Tech
Tulsa - Oklahoma

Anything over 5 wins and the league will have surpassed expectations.

I can see Cincy, ECU, Temple, Houston, and Memphis picking up wins against that slate.

Reaction Score

Cincy- Miami, BYU
UCONN- Missouri, BYU
ECU- Florida, VA Tech
USF- FSU, Maryland, Cuse
Air Force - Notre Dame
SMU - Baylor, TCU
Tulane - Duke, GA Tech
Tulsa - Oklahoma

4-19

Reaction Score
Where are you getting 4 wins from? I see 2.
I went with Memphis over Kansas, Houston over Vandy, USF over Cuse, and Cinci over BYU . Could just as easily be 1 win instead of 4, but I am sticking with 4. Anything more than that would be pleasantly surprising.

Reaction Score
SAMCRO said:
I went with Memphis over Kansas, Houston over Vandy, USF over Cuse, and Cinci over BYU . Could just as easily be 1 win instead of 4, but I am sticking with 4. Anything more than that would be pleasantly surprising.

Got it. I have Memphis over Kansas and Houston over Vandy.

Reaction Score

UCF - Stanford, South Carolina. SPLIT 1-1
Cincy- Miami, BYU SPLIT 1-1
UCONN- Missouri, BYU 0-2
ECU- Florida, VA Tech SPLIT 1-1
USF- FSU, Maryland, Cuse. 1-2
Temple - Penn State, Notre Dame 0-2
Houston- Louisville, Vandy 2-0
Memphis- Kansas, Ole Miss 1-1
Air Force - Notre Dame 0-1
SMU - Baylor, TCU 0-2
Tulane - Duke, GA Tech 0-2
Tulsa - Oklahoma 0-1

Optimistic 6 wins. This is my gut hunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom