U19 Semi-Finals USA vs Spain & Russia vs Australia | Page 2 | The Boneyard

U19 Semi-Finals USA vs Spain & Russia vs Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Sloppy play by Team USA down the stretch of 2nd quarter led to Spain cutting lead down to 13 points. USA should have a 20+ point lead with how they are dominating the boards.

Collier with 19 first half points to lead USA Spain made their mini run when Collier went to the bench :)

As long as USA continues to dominate the boards, I don't think Spain can come all the way back. Spain will have to hit 3 points shots to make the comeback. They're 4-11 in 1st half. USA is 0-6.

Reaction Score
Is it me or does Wilson try to do too much??

Not you. Wilson is playing hard this game and having a major impact. What she can't do is bring the ball down quickly and try to make a pass; turns it over every time. She is not a point guard. Needs to give it up at half-court.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
lne001 said:
Not you. Wilson is playing hard this game and having a major impact. What she can't do is bring the ball down quickly and try to make a pass; turns it over every time. She is not a point guard. Needs to give it up at half-court.

Yea. Those are the plays I was referring. She needs to get the ball to a guard and stop trying to bring the ball up the floor.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA keeping Spain in the game. 12 point USA Lead.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Wilson was posting hard (as she has been doing all game) and Dangerfield made a nice entry pass that was knocked out of bounds by the defense, but Wilson looked right at her and said "thank you" ......

Reaction Score
Collier's motor is always running. A nice trait to work with if you're a coach. Geno will teach her where to move and when to do it; like many youngsters she doesn't always make the right choice there.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't understand why Chatrice White is playing so many minutes. Give Cox some minutes for what White is accomplishing

USA will have to play better if they want to beat Russia. Russia has a talented front line with size.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Don't understand why Chatrice White is playing so many minutes. Give Cox some minutes for what White is accomplishing

Agree 110%.... White is tired, making her slow... can't jump and get's beat on defense... sorry, she is a liability against Spain. Cox is fresh!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So it's looking like the US will be through to the final.

They're going to be dealing with a rabidly partisan crowd against them, I am sure. That plus the talent of Russia could make it a close game.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
DavidinNaples said:
Agree 110%.... White is slow, can't jump and get's beat on defense... sorry, she is a liability against Spain. Cox is fresh!!!

Maybe she told Dawn she won't be attending South Carolina <grin>

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I wonder what happened to Thomas
Me too - but she seems to have passed her hit or miss lay-up style to Wilson. About half Wilson's rebounds were of her own misses from three feet.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA Wins 80-65. In the Gold Medal Game. USA had minutes of Great Play then many forgettable minutes.

Much easier game if USA didn't miss as many layups and Free Throws. Missed 11 Free Throws. :)

A win is a win and they're in the Gold Medal Game. Russia looks tough.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Mike Flynn said it might be a discipline issue. Would like to see her play against Russia.

In regards to Salvadores and Duke. Have heard there MIGHT be academic issues with her.

Reaction Score

Her latest Tweets list the location in London instead of Russia, but I can't make any claims of accuracy for that. If true, it would probably be a rather serious discipline issue - I get the impression that Staley does not have a high tolerance for shenanigans (one of her better traits, IMO).

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Announcer said that Collier's 24 points ties the record for a USA player. The other two who have done it are M. Moore & D.Taurasi.

:rolleyes:

When you get a player who earns comparison with Diana and Maya, you know you have something very special. Add her enthusiasm for UConn and. . . wow! Just WOW!

Another thought. What effect will being a teammate of Crystal and Pheese (that's what Dawn calls her) have on Ms Cox? Surely the thought of getting stomped by those two (plus Katie Lou) for four years (should she not go to UConn) has crossed her mind. ;)

Time will tell. For now, go for the gold!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Collier has such a wonderful physique for basketball: Tall AND long. Plus a nose for the ball. Plus she moves so well. Plus [fill in the blank].

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
When you get a player who earns comparison with Diana and Maya, you know you have something very special. Add her enthusiasm for UConn and. . . wow! Just WOW!

Another thought. What effect will being a teammate of Crystal and Pheese (that's what Dawn calls her) have on Ms Cox? Surely the thought of getting stomped by those two (plus Katie Lou) for four years (should she not go to UConn) has crossed her mind. ;)

Time will tell. For now, go for the gold!

Kib,
Don't tell anyone else on the Boneyard, but I believe Lauren Cox's parents are in Russia watching their daughter play only 80 something minutes... I further believe Crystal Dangerfield's parents are in Russia. Social media pictures would indicate they may be hanging around together... I'm putting 2 + 2 together and getting 4, which is Dangerfield's number. Being team mates with Crystal & Napheesa certainly can't hurt, but I like the parent bonding theory as well.... shhhhh. Don't tell anyone...:rolleyes:
DinN

HGN

Reaction Score
Kib,
Don't tell anyone else on the Boneyard, but I believe Lauren Cox's parents are in Russia watching their daughter play only 80 something minutes... I further believe Crystal Dangerfield's parents are in Russia. Social media pictures would indicate they may be hanging around together... I'm putting 2 + 2 together and getting 4, which is Dangerfield's number. Being team mates with Crystal & Napheesa certainly can't hurt, but I like the parent bonding theory as well.... shhhhh. Don't tell anyone...:rolleyes:
DinN
DinN , don't worry. Your secret's safe with me. I'll never blab a word. I hope the Dangerfield and Cox family are indeed in Russia and sharing conversation , a few vodka's , and laughs. But let's not mention it to anybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom