U-19 Americans Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
4341a2ec4ba94649b1f4b0c9864c724e.ashx

858190ba3b894d54b929e700530d0ca4.ashx

http://www.usab.com/basketball/media/galleries/2015/06/usa-u19-women-open-training-camp.aspx

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If KLS really wants to be a great player she is going to have to stop rolling her shorts like that. :cool:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Still don't understand why Kelsey Mitchell of Ohio State didn't make this team. She's one of the Elite players for her age group. She should be on one of this years USA Teams. Whether its U19, World University Games or Pan Am Games.

HGN

Reaction Score
Still don't understand why Kelsey Mitchell of Ohio State didn't make this team. She's one of the Elite players for her age group. She should be on one of this years USA Teams. Whether its U19, World University Games or Pan Am Games.
Wbb, I think Mitchell may have not made this team because the coaches want more team oriented players. Mitchell is a great individual talent , but not so much as a 'share the ball' type player as they would like. I remember when MoJeff got cut for a couple of the USA Basketball teams early on. She was a great individual talent , but hadn't yet learned to run a team from the point guard spot or know when to shoot. Not until she got to UConn and was taught how to run a team and when to shoot did she make her first USA Basketball team. I think Mitchell is suffering from some of that....IMHO.

HGN

Reaction Score
If KLS really wants to be a great player she is going to have to stop rolling her shorts like that. :cool:
CoCo , let her roll those shorts if she wants to.........Just make those 3's for us baby....Just make those 3's.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Mitchell withdrew from the Team USA trials. It was said she wanted to concentrate on summer school.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't believe she tried out. Her name wasn't on the tryout roster. More likely she didn't want to or wasn't able to this summer.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
If Mitchell stays healthy and eligible, she may destroy KML's career trey mark. KML was around 493...after one year Mitchell was at 125, I think.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If Mitchell stays healthy and eligible, she may destroy KML's career trey mark. KML was around 493...after one year Mitchell was at 125, I think.
She may, but she is going to have much more competition on her team for shots/minutes than she did last year when they had a bunch of injuries. She may well make the reverse transition that Sims did at Baylor after Griner's class graduated. (If she doesn't, I do not believe they will be much of a threat as a team.)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Mitchell withdrew from the Team USA trials. It was said she wanted to concentrate on summer school.

I don't believe she tried out. Her name wasn't on the tryout roster. More likely she didn't want to or wasn't able to this summer.

I don't believe Kelsey Mitchell tried out for the U19. She tried out for the World University Games and Pam American team and was not selected. Confusing because the trials were at the same place at the same time which was what allowed MoJeff to meet up with Dangerfield. Kelsey Mitchell is a volume shooter-not quite elite yet IMO-she is defensively indifferent as they say. She from the Paul Westhead school of basketball: If I get more shot attempts than you I'll beat you: Three point shot attempt is better than 2 point shot attempt.
http://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2015/05/15-wpag-wwug-trials-roster-announced.aspx

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't believe Kelsey Mitchell tried out for the U19. She tried out for the World University Games and Pam American team and was not selected. Confusing because the trials were at the same place at the same time which was what allowed MoJeff to meet up with Dangerfield. Kelsey Mitchell is a volume shooter-not quite elite yet IMO-she is defensively indifferent as they say. She from the Paul Westhead school of basketball: If I get more shot attempts than you I'll beat you: Three point shot attempt is better than 2 point shot attempt.
http://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2015/05/15-wpag-wwug-trials-roster-announced.aspx

Kelsey was invited to try out for either the WUG team or the Pan Am team but she opted not to attend the trials.

Hoopfeed.com ‏@hoopfeed May 15
Ohio St.'s Kelsey Mitchell withdraws from #USA trials for Pan Am & World University games to focus on summer school http://j.mp/1H78zvh

HGN

Reaction Score
CoCo, you make a good point. Mitchell is indeed a volume shooter. And she may indeed break KML's career 3-point total record. But OSU's chance's of winning a NC will be decreased if she's allowed to continue to jack-up 3's without a conscious. But I don't think they are going to slow her down.......KML's 3-point attempts was tempered because she couldn't manufacture her own shot ; plus, she had great talent around her ; and she was not the vocal leader on the team.... Not so with Mitchell. She is good enough ballhandler to get her own shot ; plus , OSU has only one other go-to player ; and Mitchell is a vocal leader. So who on the floor is going to demand the ball from her? So she jacks up 3's at a high rate. Will she break KML's record , most likely is my opinion. Will OSU win a National Championship during that era , most likely not.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Do you see her as a future AA?
Yes I do.... and I can see also her as the possible #1 pick in the 2018 WNBA draft. But I admit... Im a tad bit biased.... ;) 6'6" players with her skills and potential are hard to find.

Reaction Score
Yes I do.... and I can see also her as the possible #1 pick in the 2018 WNBA draft. But I admit... Im a tad bit biased.... ;) 6'6" players with her skills and potential are hard to find.
Well, I must say that she did impress me the few times I've seen her play. What position is best suited for her skill set?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, I must say that she did impress me the few times I've seen her play. What position is best suited for her skill set?

PF I would say. She mostly played SF last season.... but I envision she will slide to PF this season. She's a bit thin to play Center for an extended period. I'll be interested to see how Staley uses her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom