Tyler Polley commits to UConn! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyler Polley commits to UConn!

Reaction Score
??? What do you mean by this? He's definitely not a 1 and done type. I don't imagine he plays much as a freshman, but will develop into a strong contributor his sophomore year and beyond. Very similar skillset to DD and hopefully similar trajectory.
I thinking he was referring to the music thread he posted recently...

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
??? What do you mean by this? He's definitely not a 1 and done type. I don't imagine he plays much as a freshman, but will develop into a strong contributor his sophomore year and beyond. Very similar skillset to DD and hopefully similar trajectory.
The thing I actually like is that he's listed as a PF. DeAndre was always trying to play the 3. If Polley embraces being a big man, he'll be good as a pick and pop big man. He's got a nice jumper and looks solid from the FT line.

Reaction Score
The thing I actually like is that he's listed as a PF. DeAndre was always trying to play the 3. If Polley embraces being a big man, he'll be good as a pick and pop big man. He's got a nice jumper and looks solid from the FT line.

He's been listed as both a SF & PF in different recruiting services, just like DeAndre was, and DeAndre having the kind of skillset that he had to play both inside and out was a bonus for the offense. If Polley can reach 80% of that level by the time he leaves here I would be thrilled, I'd imagine KO would love to use him the same way if he can stretch his shooting out to the 3point line as he develops.

C

Chief00

I did not get a chance to see Polley - so I can't really make an evaluation.

Reaction Score
Can polley become a top 100 player? I really like carlton and polley, hopefully KO can top this good foundation with a legit nba prospect (ahem hami). I would be ok calling a class of MAL hami carlton and polley as 'great'.

edit: he is on plenty of top 100s.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems like a mix between TL and VJ. Well let's believe in KO. Doesn't seem a super athelete. Maybe we are getting away from recruiting athletes first during the Calhoun era and looking at bball skills first. Nice stroke and he seems to have a decent handle from the videos.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Can this kid dunk? I didn't watch the whole video but it seems he takes layups when most others would jam it.

Reaction Score
Can this kid dunk? I didn't watch the whole video but it seems he takes layups when most others would jam it.
He did a 2 handed dunk in there. Seem like a dham type athlete though but a dynamic offensive game.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
This is the best part of the commit IMO. KO has some bodies now, has crossed some Ts and dotted some Is regarding front court depth, got three commitments out of the way, and now can focus solely on our big targets
This applies to 2018 as well. Getting guys like Polley and Carlton on board gives him real flexibility over the next two years.

Reaction Score
I like this kid. He's well spoken, wrote a nice announcement message with very few errors and no slang that I needed to decode. He seems like a smart, thoughtful kid that will want to learn and improve. I'll be honest, when kids seem illiterate in their announcement messages, it makes me nervous. Give me a guy like this over a super talented kid that can barely read any day. He has a nice stroke, good touch and can run the floor. Very excited.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I like this kid. He's well spoken, wrote a nice announcement message with very few errors and no slang that I needed to decode. He seems like a smart, thoughtful kid that will want to learn and improve. I'll be honest, when kids seem illiterate in their announcement messages, it makes me nervous. Give me a guy like this over a super talented kid that can barely read any day. He has a nice stroke, good touch and can run the floor. Very excited.
When I hear it, I think, future NBA star since he knows he won't have a degree to fall back on.

Reaction Score

its probably wise not to judge 18 year olds off their grammar. What kids have seemed illiterate?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom