Twitter Campaign to get Dairy Bar Food Truck at the Rent | The Boneyard

Twitter Campaign to get Dairy Bar Food Truck at the Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@Jarhead_1775 started something that I think is a good idea. It has been talked about on here about having Dairy Bar ice cream at games many times. Benedict is active on twitter...those of you that have twitter accounts send him a tweet mentioning having the Dairy Bar truck at games and include the hash tag #dairybarisaUConninstitution.

Reaction Score
I don't remember how long ago it was..but they sold Dairy Bar ice cream at the Rent during games...the line was ALWAYS long and it ALWAYS sold out!

Reaction Score
I don't remember how long ago it was..but they sold Dairy Bar ice cream at the Rent during games...the line was ALWAYS long and it ALWAYS sold out!

Maybe if it continues to be that popular the can have a permanent booth set up somewhere in The Rent.

Reaction Score
What I'd really like to see is the Dairy Bar getting its own booth in the rent and the food truck drive around and park near popular tailgating spots until the gates open.
If you are on twitter send that idea to Benedict. Add the hashtag #dairybarisaUConninstitution

Reaction Score
FYI, just Googled it, Penn St.'s Creamery is within walking distance of Beaver Stadium. On game days, it is sold inside Beaver Stadium ($5) and is also sold inside their basketball arena (may explain their decent attendance numbers even though their basketball team has very few highlights) and at their baseball stadium, both during Penn St games and the minor league games over the summer. If Penn St can do so, UConn should be able to.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
For years, Sysco's agreement with the Rent precluded outside vendors for selling at the Rent. Now that the Rent has outside vendors there, I would assume the Dairy Bar just has to pay a fee to gain a spot.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
FYI, just Googled it, Penn St.'s Creamery is within walking distance of Beaver Stadium. On game days, it is sold inside Beaver Stadium ($5) and is also sold inside their basketball arena (may explain their decent attendance numbers even though their basketball team has very few highlights) and at their baseball stadium, both during Penn St games and the minor league games over the summer. If Penn St can do so, UConn should be able to.
I've said this before, but I've had Penn State ice cream and it is a worthy second-place to the dairy bar.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@Jarhead_1775 started something that I think is a good idea. It has been talked about on here about having Dairy Bar ice cream at games many times. Benedict is active on twitter...those of you that have twitter accounts send him a tweet mentioning having the Dairy Bar truck at games and include the hash tag #dairybarisaUConninstitution.
There was a blurb on the news the other night about the UConn dairy bar being some restaurant in Hartford... don't remember details. If they can do that, surely they can support UConn athletics too?

Reaction Score
There was a blurb on the news the other night about the UConn dairy bar being some restaurant in Hartford... don't remember details. If they can do that, surely they can support UConn athletics too?
I think it's Bear's BBQ....which if they are serving it at their restaurant..surely can sell it at their truck at the Rent

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think it's Bear's BBQ....which if they are serving it at their restaurant..surely can sell it at their truck at the Rent

Bear's just seems to do everything right. First and foremost, their food is great. But you go there and they have a large selection of local beer. Now Dairy Bar ice cream.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly they sold it out of a cart. Similar to what Rita's Italian ice has now. One of my memories of walking into the stadium for the very first game against Indiana was seeing a UConn Dairy Bar cart and Olde Burnside Brewery on tap.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly they sold it out of a cart. Similar to what Rita's Italian ice has now. One of my memories of walking into the stadium for the very first game against Indiana was seeing a UConn Dairy Bar cart and Olde Burnside Brewery on tap.
Yup but there was only 1 location line was always long as hell and they sold out quick. Hmmm that sounds like a supply/demand winner

Reaction Score
In Sept 2014 I emailed the UCONN Dairy Bar and received a quick response:

" ... The Rent is out of our control it is run by the Sodexo company and they would have to make that change. We can sell ice cream to whoever wants to buy it however we have no presence at the football stadium as it is a Sodexo contract. ..."

Reaction Score
In Sept 2014 I emailed the UCONN Dairy Bar and received a quick response:

" ... The Rent is out of our control it is run by the Sodexo company and they would have to make that change. We can sell ice cream to whoever wants to buy it however we have no presence at the football stadium as it is a Sodexo contract. ..."

Thus reminding everyone that UConn does not own the rent and thus shi! that makes complete sense, like selling Dairy Barn Ice Cream at a UConn event, is impossible to do. Penn St. owns Beaver Stadium and thus has no issue selling their #2 rated ice cream at their football games (or basketball, baseball and even minor league baseball as they own both of those stadiums, too).

Reaction Score
Yeah that was the answer (not official) that I got was they were not allowed because all those food vendors contract with Sodexo. The whole deal UConn gets at the rent is such a fack job. They pay 100k/game to play there and get zero point zero percent of concession money. I'm don't know about parking. It wasn't an insignificant nut for them just to open the gates an hour earlier. There was a big campaign to try to liven the game day experience for fans. They were willing to spend some money. They clearly did, but you can't hire the Boss to play halftime without breaking our already strained bank. Let's go Huskies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom