TV: umess game - BigEast broadcast info | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TV: umess game - BigEast broadcast info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does UConn or the BE now have a deal with Sirius? Or are we going to be hearing the UMass broadcast? I have never heard a UConn broadcast of a game on Sirius, always the opposition...

There has been a Big East Game of the Week on XM at times. With an independent crew.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
WTIC has a web presence I believe you can hear the games there at least.

While you are vomiting in your mouth listening to Joe D.

Reaction Score
WTIC has a web presence I believe you can hear the games there at least.

While you are vomiting in your mouth listening to Joe D.

Sit in your car on a Saturday afternoon with XM radio, listen to feeds coming from major programs around the country, and then take shots at Joe D. I dare you.

Reaction Score
SNY games are blacked out on the national SNY when the team we are playing is a meber of a league that has tv rights. Like if we are at Buffalo I think the game would be blacked out because the rights are owned by CUSA or whatever league Buffalo is in. If the Game is at UConn SNY should be showing it everywhere it's available. I think it's only away games that we have to worry about SNY being blacked out. I had to watch a couple of games on ESPN 3 last year because they were blacked out.

Reaction Score
Sit in your car on a Saturday afternoon with XM radio, listen to feeds coming from major programs around the country, and then take shots at Joe D. I dare you.

Joe D isn't bad. He needs to slow down with the calls and remember we're listening, not watching. 3, 4 times a game he gets excited about a catch that's made. Then a second later, he says "no, he drops the pass". Just wait, and get the call right the first time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Joe D and Wayne do a good job. Have no idea how so many UConn fans don't like them.

Reaction Score
Joe D isn't bad. He needs to slow down with the calls and remember we're listening, not watching. 3, 4 times a game he gets excited about a catch that's made. Then a second later, he says "no, he drops the pass". Just wait, and get the call right the first time.

Just like Yankee Broadcaster John Sterling w/ his homerun calls. IT IS HIGH! IT IS FAR! IT IS... caught.

Reaction Score
Does SNY broadcast the game nationally? I can get SNY by upgrading to UVerse 450, but it will cost me an additional $30/month. I want to mare sure I get to see the UConn games here in Jacksonville if I pull the trigger on this. I would probably order for September, and then drop it since there aren't many more games throughout the season.

The answer is yes. I live in Oregon and have Directv. I added the sportspack for 13 bucks a month. All the little garbage stations like yes and college soccer are included as well as SNY. The interactive guide shows the game is on thursday at 4:30 pm pacific time. I will dvr the game

From what I can tell almost every UConn game will be televised by SNY when the game isn't on ESPN.

The catch not really relevant to us is that all PRO games broadcast on SNY are blacked out - you won't get access. Only amateur sporting events are all available. I confirmed this with Drectv. I also got a response from SNY reassuring me that no UConn game will be blacked out - at least for me. I just wanted to make sure.

ADVICE: sign up and immediately check our interactive guide. See if SNY shows UConn game on Thursday. Then watch. If you don't watch it tcan and ask for money back. You should get it.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
The answer is yes. I live in Oregon and have Directv. I added the sportspack for 13 bucks a month. All the little garbage stations like yes and college soccer are included as well as SNY. The interactive guide shows the game is on thursday at 4:30 pm pacific time. I will dvr the game

From what I can tell almost every UConn game will be televised by SNY when the game isn't on ESPN.

The catch not really relevant to us is that all PRO games broadcast on SNY are blacked out - you won't get access. Only amateur sporting events are all available. I confirmed this with Drectv. I also got a response from SNY reassuring me that no UConn game will be blacked out - at least for me. I just wanted to make sure.

ADVICE: sign up and immediately check our interactive guide. See if SNY shows UConn game on Thursday. Then watch. If you don't watch it tcan and ask for money back. You should get it.

Thanks Phat! I ended ordering the $10/month Sports Pack yesterday, and it shows the UConn game. DVR is set (although I'll be watching live).

Reaction Score
John Silvers from JI posted this last night. (http://www.huskieblog.com/2012/08/huskies-announce-sny-deal/)

[New York, August 28, 2012] SNY – The official television home of the UConn Huskies football and Men’s and Women’s basketball programs today announced the network’s in-depth Huskies football programming lineup. SNY will kick-off its all-access football pass to the UConn Huskies onThursday, August 30th at 7:00pm with its UConn Football Season Preview Show[presented by Blimpie]. The show will feature in-depth analysis of the upcoming season, including interviews with players and coaches as well as key players to watch. Immediately following the preview show, SNY will televise the UConn Huskies-UMass Minutemen football game at7:30pm.

SNY will feature a minimum of four live UConn Huskies games. All live UConn Huskies football games airing on SNY will be wrapped by in-depth pre game, halftime andpost game shows. Huskies fans can also tune into SNY for the following lineup of UConn Huskies football shows:

►UConn Huskies Football Season Preview Show

►UConn Press Pass: [Paul Pasqualoni’s weekly press conference]

►Huskies Power Hour: [60-minute cut-down version of that week’s game]

►Re-airs of every UConn Huskies Football Game [subject to availability]

►UConn Huskies Season-in-Review/Bowl Preview Special

►UConn’s “Football Signing Day” Press Conference

In addition, throughout the college football season, SNY will televise 350+ hours of BIG EAST football – highlighted by up to 33 football games. SNY will also feature the BIG EAST ‘Game of the Week,’ which will be wrapped with in-depth pre game shows [presented by Citi],halftime shows and post game shows [presented by Coors Light].

SNY’s college football on-air talent roster will include analysts Sean Mulcahy, DonMcPherson and host Jonas Schwartz. Sean Mulcahy is a former UConn football Captain who was a standout on the Huskies’ defensive line from 2000-2003. Don McPherson is a former star QB at Syracuse University where he won the Maxwell Award, the Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award and finished second in the 1987 Heisman Trophy voting. McPherson is also a member of the NCAA College Football Hall of Fame.

For daily coverage of the UConn Huskies, fans can tune into GEICO SportsNite from10:30pm-1:00am. For up-to-the-minute information about the team, fans can log on towww.sny.tv, which will again provide complete coverage with game highlights, press conferences and interviews.

Reaction Score
Tampa something called Bright House was mentioned in a game article
Sirius 137
SNY - CT, NY
Cox Sports - New Orleans, Providence
WGGB-DT2 - Springfield
Time Warner - Green Bay, Milwaukee
ESPN3 internet
Tampa something called Bright House was mentioned in a game article
Bright House was Time Warner Cable Tampa operations until it was spun off.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Does SNY broadcast the game nationally? I can get SNY by upgrading to UVerse 450, but it will cost me an additional $30/month. I want to mare sure I get to see the UConn games here in Jacksonville if I pull the trigger on this. I would probably order for September, and then drop it since there aren't many more games throughout the season.

I live in Jacksonville and have SNY through UVerse and get all of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom