TV: umess game - BigEast broadcast info | The Boneyard

TV: umess game - BigEast broadcast info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Does SNY broadcast the game nationally? I can get SNY by upgrading to UVerse 450, but it will cost me an additional $30/month. I want to mare sure I get to see the UConn games here in Jacksonville if I pull the trigger on this. I would probably order for September, and then drop it since there aren't many more games throughout the season.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
@Jax - what about espn3?

I can definitely watch on ESPN3, but cannot DVR and only have a 26" screen to watch on. The quality of the rebroadcast of the SNY signal is not great either. All the games in September are on SNY, so it would be worth it to pay the additional $30 for the month and cancel come October.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Brighthouse is a big cable company throughout central Florida. UCF's football stadium is named after it.

I'm hoping there's some conflicting programming with Cox Sports out of N'awlins. Right now my cable lineup has Cox broadcasting the Saints' preseason NFL game. It's also on a bunch of other channels. And there isn't any alternative Cox channels.

Otherwise it's ESPN3 for me.

Reaction Score
Does SNY broadcast the game nationally? I can get SNY by upgrading to UVerse 450, but it will cost me an additional $30/month. I want to mare sure I get to see the UConn games here in Jacksonville if I pull the trigger on this. I would probably order for September, and then drop it since there aren't many more games throughout the season.

I think SNY is just like YES. Whatever they are broadcasting is seen wherever their channel is available. I am pretty sure they don't have regional broadcasting. Whatever is on SNY in CT is on in NY, and wherever else you are getting SNY.

But I'm no expert on tv/cable/satellite, maybe someone can verify that.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
When the NNNBE plays on SNY it's not blacked out in Boston.

Granted, I wouldn't take my example as gospel but it is outside NY/CT. If you have a good internet connection, the picture however is far superior on ESPN3 over the rebroadcast garbage.

Ummm, all ESPN3 is is a rebroadcast of the SNY signal.

I think SNY is just like YES. Whatever they are broadcasting is seen wherever their channel is available. I am pretty sure they don't have regional broadcasting. Whatever is on SNY in CT is on in NY, and wherever else you are getting SNY.

This is what I am guessing as well, but wanted to see if anyone knew for fact. Thanks

Reaction Score

I think that is true for YES. SNY, at least once last year blacked out the Mets in CT to show UConn football instead, and there is talk about having separate CT programming on a regular basis outside of Mets season.

Reaction Score
Ummm, all ESPN3 is is a rebroadcast of the SNY signal.

The great thing about this board is that you can rarely change anyone's opinion just by pointing out that their opinion contradicts with underlying facts.

Reaction Score
I think that is true for YES. SNY, at least once last year blacked out the Mets in CT to show UConn football instead, and there is talk about having separate CT programming on a regular basis outside of Mets season.

It's a good thing the Mets season is over in August.

Reaction Score
In Boston, SNY is on Comcast channel 128. You'll need the "Sports Package" to see it.

Reaction Score
When the NNNBE plays on SNY it's not blacked out in Boston.

Granted, I wouldn't take my example as gospel but it is outside NY/CT. If you have a good internet connection, the picture however is far superior on ESPN3 over the rebroadcast garbage.

This is hit or miss. I live in South Boston and the Vanderbilt game was blacked out on SNY last year. I was able to watch the West Virginia game on SNY, however. Basketball games were not blacked out.

Reaction Score
Sweet just verified the game is on brighthouse sports network.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
The great thing about this board is that you can rarely change anyone's opinion just by pointing out that their opinion contradicts with underlying facts.

Haha, I mean, when you watch ESPN3, they'll even have the graphics that sat "SNY" on them. But somehow, ESPN3 is a much better quality picture.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Sweet just verified the game is on brighthouse sports network.

Where are you? I am guessing it will be playing on UVerse in FL as well.

Reaction Score

that's not the case. reports were that SNY ran our spring game last sunday, but being in NJ i was offered JetsNation instead. i don't know if they do that for games too, but at least i know they do alter their programming by region to some degree

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that ESPN3 coverage of the game is subject to blackout in some locations:

Blackout

Reaction Score

i thought those situations called for changing the underlying facts

Reaction Score
that's not the case. reports were that SNY ran our spring game last sunday, but being in NJ i was offered JetsNation instead. i don't know if they do that for games too, but at least i know they do alter their programming by region to some degree

Thanks.

Sorry Jax, you should probably call AT&T and find out from them, you should have an answer by November.

Reaction Score
Haha, I mean, when you watch ESPN3, they'll even have the graphics that sat "SNY" on them. But somehow, ESPN3 is a much better quality picture.

Its likely that its filmed in HD but most people with sny are not watching it on the HD sny channel. But ESPN3 will be at least closer to HD if you have the bandwidth.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Looks like UVerse only has SNY in SD, not HD so I'll probably just go with ESPN3. Thanks for the advice guys. Does SNY even have an HD broadcast?

Reaction Score
Looks like UVerse only has SNY in SD, not HD so I'll probably just go with ESPN3. Thanks for the advice guys. Does SNY even have an HD broadcast?

Yes. The Mets games are produced in high def. Remember -- SNY does not produce Big East games. ESPN Regional does the productions and sells the broadcasts to SNY.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Just checked UVerse, and they are offering the Sports Package with your first month free. This includes SNY. Looks like I'll be ordering that and canceling it in October.

Reaction Score
Does UConn or the BE now have a deal with Sirius? Or are we going to be hearing the UMass broadcast? I have never heard a UConn broadcast of a game on Sirius, always the opposition...

Reaction Score
Just checked UVerse, and they are offering the Sports Package with your first month free. This includes SNY. Looks like I'll be ordering that and canceling it in October.
I'm in Sarasota we have brighthouse and fios where r u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34