TV and TBD'S | The Boneyard

TV and TBD'S

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

After today, Louisville is the only "TV" broadcast per the schedule. There are not even games on ESPN3.

We have been told games are TBD due to TV, yet ironically the only game time announced is the game on TV (Louisville). Is this because other games might make TV (and given our record that's unlikely) or is this just poor planning?

IMO one measurement of an AD is to get the away football games on at least local TV. Warde is batting zero in that category this season, since even today is an internet not a tv game.

Can ESPN sub any remaining games to SNY?

Over-all looks like Warde really dropped the ball on TV, UConn should have negotiated/influenced the conference much better.

I would like for one season for Warde, his AD Assistants and Herbst to have the same experience as the average fan - rather than sitting in sky boxes at home games, sit in the stands......watch away games on TV or if it isn't don't watch them at all. Maybe that would give them a clue and motivate them to stop monitoring and start acting boldly.

C

Chief00

You are wrong - Bama will be on National TV numerous times - the TBD's are a byproduct of the CBS contract and the $28m they are getting this season. UConn is making like a couple million I believe.
Are you really foolish enough to want to make this comparison in Warde's defense?

Reaction Score
And do I see that correctly, two prominent programs having a non conf game scheduled late in the season as well? Oh the horror, the sky is falling, fire everyone; no definitive tv and a late season OOC games! Heads will surely roll for this down south, they live and breath this stuff, surely the CFB culture they have won't stand for it!

Reaction Score
You are wrong - Bama will be on National TV numerous times - the TBD's are a byproduct of the CBS contract and the $28m they are getting this season. UConn is making like a couple million I believe.
Are you really foolish enough to want to make this comparison in Warde's defense?

I'm foolish. Whine away.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/big-12/2013-baylor-bears-football-schedule.php

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/pac-10/2013-colorado-buffaloes-football-schedule.php

C

Chief00

I'm foolish. Whine away.

The acceptance of well paid Administrators with poor performance at UConn is at epic proportions. At some point compensation needs to be a correlated with results. The idea that it shouldn't is of interest to me only as an explanation to how we got in the current place.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Which administrators in particular have drawn your ire?

Reaction Score
IMO one measurement of an AD is to get the away football games on at least local TV. Warde is batting zero in that category this season, since even today is an internet not a tv game.

Can ESPN sub any remaining games to SNY?

Over-all looks like Warde really dropped the ball on TV, UConn should have negotiated/influenced the conference much better.

So he's measured on things he does not control?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
We are still on old BE contract and we have a guaranteed number of games on SNY (I think it's 5 or 6). If I were SNY I would pass on the buffalo game too - there are better games out there.

C

Chief00

So when will SNY appear on website schedule?
As for administrators being over paid, look at UConn Health Center - very poorly run hospital by various ratings despite state investments - high infection rates, etc. Coach P at $1.6M or so.....the former police chief, etc.

Reaction Score
I think with the Mets season being over this weekend, they (SNY) will be putting some Uconn games on Tv, along with Rutgers etc.. Well I hope atleast, this laptop viewing sucks!

Reaction Score

You are really coming off as a Hathaway lackey with the way you criticize warde over this. This has very little to do with Warde, and starting next year with the new tv contract the schedule will probably be sorted out much sooner.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
As for administrators being over paid, look at UConn Health Center - very poorly run hospital by various ratings despite state investments - high infection rates, etc. Coach P at $1.6M or so.....the former police chief, etc.

lol...you're such a clown.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Espn has first rights and they have 12 day window. Chances are you will see the USF game scheduled on SNY by Tuesday.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
So far... 4 games, 3 on internet, that come in like sh&t and cannot be tethered to your tv from iphone like Netflix.
I'm a simple guy, that is my eye test.
This is the worst TV year ever.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Why should they be on TV?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Toofrigginshay, Zls, well played

Status
Not open for further replies.