Turf at The Rent | The Boneyard

Turf at The Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NICE...A recruiting tool other schools could never match! :D :confused:

Reaction Score
Did i miss something? Is the field being switched to Field Turf? Or did the thread title throw me off a bit?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Did i miss something? Is the field being switched to Field Turf? Or did the thread title throw me off a bit?

It's funny how the mention of real turf makes one think of fake turf these days.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
We keep real grass for all you soccer lovers, to our detriment. God Forbid we cannot host some obscure Euro trash "football" club in East Hartford.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Field always manages to look great before the season... Durability has been the issue I think.

Reaction Score
WOW and again...No spitting match here Alum86 but do you really think it is best to let a tax payer supported venue to go unused? This as CT and the Hartford area is starving? Again no slander but you must be very disconnected from the make up of our state and society to not realize several facts. We could start with the revenue this brings to the area with crowds that meet or exceed our football team.
https://www.facebook.com/RentschlerField?rf=156066311074719
Not sure of how you would classify the USA woman's team as Euro trash "football club"? But again they brought a lot of people spending money to the neighborhood.
http://www.courant.com/reminder-new...ll-usa-womens-soccer-0626-20140626-story.html
Last but not least for now as an alum you must not realize soccer is only third behind basketball and football at UCONN in attendance. To slander myself, I will never understand how playing any game on real grass is to our detriment, the game has many years of tradition before turf came along.
It is the same field for both teams, suck it up and play. What next after this years US Open in golf? Turf the greens?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
We keep real grass for all you soccer lovers, to our detriment. God Forbid we cannot host some obscure Euro trash "football" club in East Hartford.

Is this a for real post? Field turf is cheap and ugly. It loops obviously fake every tI'm i see it.. I hope UCONN always plays the it home games on real grass.

Reaction Score

You get the "like" for tweaking the over sensitive soccer fans but I much prefer grass.

Reaction Score
I believe the difference between this and turf grass is that this is sown into dirt(sand mostly for drainage and possibly a little clay for stability) and turf grass is sown into ground rubber tires which a report from NBC says could be unhealthy but....unproven so far.

If it was me I'd go with the hybrid turf over natural or turf grass. Good drainage and the field will still look pretty sharp going into the late fall. Acceptable as a pro soccer field, durable enough to hold a concert or two on during football's off season. Probably the most expensive of the three kinds but I'd hate to see UConn football lose a bowl bid because the guys couldn't have the best possible footing throughout the entire season. Two years ago the field was disgraceful. Even last year by Halloween the field looked pretty ratty and slippery. I say give the team the best chance of performing.

Reaction Score
Our Company just pick up the Football goal post, We are fixing the welds on the hinge and re-powder coating them to look like new. I am the Project Manager for this, so I should have them back on the field in a week.

The contract says 20 minutes.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Our Company just pick up the Football goal post, We are fixing the welds on the hinge and re-powder coating them to look like new. I am the Project Manager for this, so I should have them back on the field in a week.
Husky Nation thanks you for your work @Sonofabeach !!

Alum86

Reaction Score
Woof, we cannot host HS championships in early Dec because we have grass. The Pats and NYG/NYJ have turf. It is much more cost effective and nicer on TV. Our field looks like sh&t come October.
Ansonia/Xavier/Hand et al certainly trumps These soccer teams. Yes?

Reaction Score
The high school kids in the state can't have their championships at the rent because it costs them too much? That's disgraceful. Who's running that dog and pony show?

The state can't cough up enough for staff and security for a couple of days at the Rent so that maybe, just maybe Connecticut could vaguely resemble a state that actually wants to play football? And then you wonder why everybody considers CT football small time.

Alum86

Reaction Score
To Medic: The reason was not money, it was the field. With turf you are guaranteed to play in Dec and safer for kids. It was not that they "were losing their shirts". Plus it's a state run facility. To Waquoit: hell fuggin yeah HS football trumps ANY soccer game.

Reaction Score
To Medic: The reason was not money, it was the field. With turf you are guaranteed to play in Dec and safer for kids. It was not that they "were losing their shirts". Plus it's a state run facility.

Your wrong - weather/field was only a small piece of it.

www.norwichbulletin.com/x1959351330/CCSU-chosen-as-high-school-football-championship-venue#axzz2Msqb9j56

>>Too few fans, too much money. When The Bulletin first broke the story of the potential move in January, Hoey said the 2012 title games already were deep in the red and that situation could not continue. “We rely on football to be a revenue-producing sport for us to help with those sports that don’t produce revenue. We need to make money,” Hoey said in January. Hoey said the management at Rentschler Field had been very cooperative and had tried to control costs as much as possible, but in the end “the facility was just too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom