Tuck's Knee Braces | The Boneyard

Tuck's Knee Braces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just started schooling for Physical Therapy and fellow knee surgery recipient, so I was wondering why it Tuck has used so many different knee braces throughout the season. Ive counted at least 4 diff braces at least. Anyone have any insight as to why they'd switch em so often?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Possibly for comfort reasons.

My take is that team physician and/or trainer recommends a brace which fits the health of the knee. I can't imagine that comfort trumps functional effect on any regular basis.

Reaction Score
I wonder if they change them out so that she uses ones that fit differently. I would think that rubs that could lead to sores would be an issue.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I've worn all sorts of a knee brace for the past 20 years for sports. I am fairly certain the issue is prevention of rubbing as a result of the bands holding the brace in place. Different braces have different band patterns.

Reaction Score
Reading about Tuck's knee braces makes me nervous, and my knee hurts.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
My take is that team physician and/or trainer recommends a brace which fits the health of the knee. I can't imagine that comfort trumps functional effect on any regular basis.
But comfort can be related to function. If a particular unit does not stay in place well it is not comfortable or functional. searching for the right fit for use in extreme athletic activity can be a challenge. The stronger and larger the quads and ham strings involved the harder it can be to insure braces will not slide down from jumping, landing, or running. I experienced this frustration during the repair of my quad/patella separation several years ago.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
But comfort can be related to function. If a particular unit does not stay in place well it is not comfortable or functional. searching for the right fit for use in extreme athletic activity can be a challenge. The stronger and larger the quads and ham strings involved the harder it can be to insure braces will not slide down from jumping, landing, or running. I experienced this frustration during the repair of my quad/patella separation several years ago.
I'm thinking about getting a quad Ice!

Reaction Score
I was told by a D1 player who had to wear one of the big bulky ones after an ACL injury that it can be used as a weapon to clear space under the basket. I can see how it could work that way. I don't know if Tuck does that.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking also that if she takes a fall or bump around the basket and the brace gets smacked, it's going to dig into the skin at points of contact. Having multiple braces with different fitting patterns might be a relief if one brace would be squeezing bruises the whole game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just started schooling for Physical Therapy and fellow knee surgery recipient, so I was wondering why it Tuck has used so many different knee braces throughout the season. Ive counted at least 4 diff braces at least. Anyone have any insight as to why they'd switch em so often?
To coordinate with the 4 different uniforms worn this year. That young woman is very fashion savy.

Reaction Score
I was told by a D1 player who had to wear one of the big bulky ones after an ACL injury that it can be used as a weapon to clear space under the basket. I can see how it could work that way. I don't know if Tuck does that.

Dunno, but Morgan doesn't really need any extra help ;)

Reaction Score
Photo I took on Monday. She was moving fine all night. No apparent problems.

IMG_3437S.jpg

Reaction Score
I remember her saying that an early season switch was for comfort reasons. I think it didn't fit quite right. I noticed her tugging the brace up a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
I wonder if they change them out so that she uses ones that fit differently. I would think that rubs that could lead to sores would be an issue.
That's exactly what I meant. I know a man who uses crutches and walkers. They have to be adjusted by a professional therapist from time because of such sores and irritations.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I remember her saying that an early season switch was for comfort reasons. I think it didn't fit quite right. I noticed her tugging the brace up a few weeks ago.
Yup what happens is the bigger and stronger the quads the upper straps run around the more the cone of the brace is wider at the top and the more that bending and flexing those quad muscles shove the cone down the leg becoming loose and the hinge out of alignment withe the knee joint. The result is you keep tugging it up.

I played thousands of hours as a catcher doing thousands of hours down and up in squats behind the plate and in the weight room increasing leg strength. I had quads like Newhouse had when he was running for the Dallas Cowboys. Keeping knee braces in place was next to impossible no matter what the cost. I keep wishing I had suspenders going around my waist to hold the brace in place.

Reaction Score
Morgan is all about fashion and so are her braces.......This brace is for you MT.....Have an awesome 9 games upcoming..

Reaction Score
I would think if you had an interest in an accurate and viable reason, you'd ask one of your instructors rather than listen to a hundred different opinions that are all hypothetical. Why would you be inclined to think that this site would furnish you with a substantive answer????? Maybe you just decided to test people because you actually do know and will eventually make those submitting answers feel foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom