Tucker given false info which led to decommitting!!!! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tucker given false info which led to decommitting!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have no inside knowledge. But if you look at the facts that we do know about Tenn it's hardly "laughable" to suggest that the LV program is under a great deal of stress. Pat having to retire due to her health is enough of a reason on its own but she isn't gone, just standing in the background, a reminder that Holly may be the HC in name but that Pat is still the leader, except that she can't talk basketball with the players. The tragic nature of it doesn't alter its effect.

Add to that the fact that there are 3 lawsuits against the AD, filed by 2 current employees and a fired employee that was loved by the LV staff. As a former union steward I can testify to what a employee grievance does to a work enviroment. People take sides and treat the other side as either "disloyal" or "management tools". Time spent in hallways whispering the latest rumors goes up. Trust and team-building go down.

All these things take away from the very difficult task of building a team. And in the case of Tenn it's a team with eight 1st or 2nd year players needing stability, not the kind of drama we have seen lately.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I have no inside knowledge. But if you look at the facts that we do know about Tenn it's hardly "laughable" to suggest that the LV program is under a great deal of stress. Pat having to retire due to her health is enough of a reason on its own but she isn't gone, just standing in the background, a reminder that Holly may be the HC in name but that Pat is still the leader, except that she can't talk basketball with the players. The tragic nature of it doesn't alter its effect.

Add to that the fact that there are 3 lawsuits against the AD, filed by 2 current employees and a fired employee that was loved by the LV staff. As a former union steward I can testify to what a employee grievance does to a work enviroment. People take sides and treat the other side as either "disloyal" or "management tools". Time spent in hallways whispering the latest rumors goes up. Trust and team-building go down.

All these things take away from the very difficult task of building a team. And in the case of Tenn it's a team with eight 1st or 2nd year players needing stability, not the kind of drama we have seen lately.

How do we know the dynamics of how much Pat is involved? I am not saying that doesn't have a big role in the day-to-day operations, but I haven't seen any reports from within the program that document how much or how little she is involved. I hardly think that Pat's presence hurt recruiting. I think most young players will be happy to get any time with Pat that they can. If I were a young recruit that has always loved Pat and Tennessee I would be rushing there before the chance passes, which it may soon.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree, IMO we have a generation of in the moment and Parker probably has more pull at this point than Pat.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
How do we know the dynamics of how much Pat is involved? I am not saying that doesn't have a big role in the day-to-day operations, but I haven't seen any reports from within the program that document how much or how little she is involved. I hardly think that Pat's presence hurt recruiting. I think most young players will be happy to get any time with Pat that they can. If I were a young recruit that has always loved Pat and Tennessee I would be rushing there before the chance passes, which it may soon.

There are specifics in her job description with what she can or cannot do so we do know her role in the day-to-day operations. I don't have the link but it's been posted several times.

To me, there is a huge difference in greeting/meeting occasionally and getting day to day intense coaching and leadership. I don't think players would go to TN for the greeting/meeting.

Reaction Score
Pat's employment agreement states that she can "observe" practice and advise the coaching staff but cannot do any coaching of the players. That's her dynamic. She can mentor them away from practice but not about BBall. I also never suggested that she can't help recruiting BTW.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Pat's employment agreement states that she can "observe" practice and advise the coaching staff but cannot do any coaching of the players. That's her dynamic. She can mentor them away from practice but not about BBall. I also never suggested that she can't help recruiting BTW.

What she CAN doesn't mean she's doing it. Conjecture, assumption and speculation.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Typical. No need to respond. I won't be coming back to comment for a while.

Is this a flash bang? Set off an explosion and disappear before the smoke clears?

Not unlike an attorney in court asking a question that they know will elicit an objection, then withdrawing the question without pause from the statement. It's out there, but not really.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom