Tuck is the Huskies' Rock | The Boneyard

Tuck is the Huskies' Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tuck_2.png

One of the major reasons Morgan Tuck is such an integral part of the UConn women's basketball success is her keen ability to put everything into its proper perspective. While other players fall victim to emotions or inconsistencies, Tuck is the Huskies' rock.

[LINK]

HGN

Reaction Score

One of the major reasons Morgan Tuck is such an integral part of the UConn women's basketball success is her keen ability to put everything into its proper perspective. While other players fall victim to emotions or inconsistencies, Tuck is the Huskies' rock.

[LINK]
Java, I couldn't agree with you more. More like a boulder , sometimes , than just a rock. She not only steadies the Husky ship out on the court , but off the court as well with her mature counsel of younger players. Even more evident in her decision to stay for a 5th year. A mature move. Not a decision made in emotion . But in a mature well-thought- out manner.

Morgan is The Rock...... The Gibraltar of The Huskies.

Reaction Score
upload_2015-9-29_10-16-42.png

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Java, I couldn't agree with you more. More like a boulder , sometimes , than just a rock. She not only steadies the Husky ship out on the court , but off the court as well with her mature counsel of younger players. Even more evident in her decision to stay for a 5th year. A mature move. Not a decision made in emotion . But in a mature well-thought- out manner.

Morgan is The Rock. The Gibraltar of The Huskies.
Yup. The Tuck of Gibraltar.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not ready to call her a rock. As good as she was last year, I don't think her post-season performance warrants it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm not ready to call her a rock. As good as she was last year, I don't think her post-season performance warrants it.

I know she struggled with some shots against ND but she also made some big shots in the 2nd half of that game. Here's Morgan's stats from last year's NCAA tournament. If this isn't being a rock, I don't know what is:

1st round vs St Francis: 26 pts, 8 assists, 3 rebounds
2nd round vs Rutgers: 16 pts, 7 assists 7 rebounds
3rd round vs Texas: 14 pts, 2 assists, 5 rebounds
4th round vs Dayton: 23 pts, 3 assists, 8 rebounds
FF vs Maryland: 24 pts, 9 rebounds
FF vs Notre Dame: 12 pts, 7 assists, 5 rebounds

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I know she struggled with some shots against ND but she also made some big shots in the 2nd half of that game. Here's Morgan's stats from last year's NCAA tournament. If this isn't being a rock, I don't know what is:

Morgan admitted that she was out of her mind in the first half against ND. She calmed down for the second half, including hitting a big three, I believe.

Reaction Score
Like KML said, Morgan plays so composed as if she's been playing basketball for 30 years.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

all while Stewie, MoJett and KML got the shine... thanks for posting these facts

HGN

Reaction Score

FF vs Notre Dame: 12 pts, 7 assists, 5 rebounds[/QUOTE
UConnCat, thanks for that post.........That should lay it out for waquoit. Who may have been watching another Tourny other than the NCAA.

HGN

Reaction Score
Waquoit, a rock such as Gibraltar , Stone Mountain in Georgia , or Mt. Rushmore even, are symbols of Strength and Stability. Not something up and down , fluctuating , or wavering. That's what Tuck is. A steadying influence on the team. She is STEADY and STABLE. A symbol of Husky basketball. Not wavering in the face of competition or the odds. So when The JavaMan said she is a Rock , that may be part of what he meant. You don't have to have out of the universe numbers during the NCAA's to be A Rock. You just have to be like you were all season long for the team. STEADY and STABLE. You just have to be TUCK.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm not sure where Morgan could have done much better in the 2015 tournament.
Morgan led the entire tournament in scoring 115 points in six games, Stewie was 2nd with 112 Points
Morgan led the entire tournament in FG made with 48.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom