"Traveling calls" tough on Huskies | The Boneyard

"Traveling calls" tough on Huskies

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
"UConn coach Geno Auriemma said last week. “Unfortunately, with an odd number of teams in the league it doesn’t lend itself to always being able to work that travel partner out. Then a lot of times, if you’re not careful, travel partners end up with games Friday and Sunday, or Friday-Saturday in some leagues. That means your kids never have a weekend off. They never have a weekend day off the entire season."

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
"UConn coach Geno Auriemma said last week. “Unfortunately, with an odd number of teams in the league it doesn’t lend itself to always being able to work that travel partner out. Then a lot of times, if you’re not careful, travel partners end up with games Friday and Sunday, or Friday-Saturday in some leagues. That means your kids never have a weekend off. They never have a weekend day off the entire season."
Misleading title to article, but a clever segue. :oops:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The physical travel for games is definitely tough on the team. The BE did UCONN no favors in how they scheduled the season. Having said that...

The inexcusable traveling turnovers that the players commit is troubling. They must have had at least 5 or 6 vs. Xavier, most of which were unforced.

Reaction Score
The physical travel for games is definitely tough on the team. The BE did UCONN no favors in how they scheduled the season. Having said that...

The inexcusable traveling turnovers that the players commit is troubling. They must have had at least 5 or 6 vs. Xavier, most of which were unforced.
With the “euro step” I don’t know what traveling is anymore.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
With the “euro step” I don’t know what traveling is anymore.
Not once did the eurostep get called last night. it was the shuffling of the feet before putting the ball on the floor that got called numerous times against the Huskies last night. Yuck. one of the dumbest turnovers to get. Really, inexcusable. Basketball 101. Start dribbling BEFORE you move your feet!!

Reaction Score
They need to start calling traveling in practice if they dont already. I thought a couple of those traveling calls were a little "iffy" in the game.

Reaction Score
The "euro step" is not a travel.
Not now it isn’t. But, I promise you it was when I played. The NBA “ step and a half” for dunks was also a travel in everything up to the NBA.

Every modern point guard would be whistled for “carrying the ball” rules that were in effect until Phil Ford entered UNC.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Not now it isn’t. But, I promise you it was when I played. The NBA “ step and a half” for dunks was also a travel in everything up to the NBA.

Every modern point guard would be whistled for “carrying the ball” rules that were in effect until Phil Ford entered UNC.
Where much of the confusion about traveling after the pivot foot is established is that many do not understand that once a pivot is established, "The pivot foot may be lifted, but not returned to the playing court, before the ball is released on a pass or try for goal".

When a player takes a giant step off the pivot and shoots before returning the pivot to the ground many people assume that is a travel because they lifted the pivot (OK to do) and so much ground was covered. Then they see a player move the pivot a few inches on the ground and traveling is called. It all looks inconsistent but it is a legal move to lift the pivot as long as the ball is either passed or shot before the pivot foot is returned to the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom