Transition baskets | The Boneyard

Transition baskets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Initially let me say that I agree with the poster who indicated we scored enough points to win the game so I would concur that the defense was the primary culprit in the loss.
With that said, I am somewhat surprised in the lack of points scored in transition. Using my interpretation, we scored only six points off of six legitimate attempts and two attempts resulted in turnovers.

An earlier poll clearly indicated that the majority felt that Dolson was missed more than Hartley. I do agree but would probably split my vote along the line of 65% to 35%. The one thing I loved about Bria was the way she pushed the ball, even after a made basket. She just didn't force the defense to get back, she forced them to get organized. Frequently this resulted in a basket and/or a foul, a 6-8 foot Sue Bird type of jumper in the lane or a kick out to a trailer for an unguarded three point attempt. IMO these transition baskets were frequently the fuel in some of our patented runs that blew games open.

Just an observation and because this was not mentioned in the practice summary thread, it does not appear to be critical in the eyes of the coaching staff.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Initially let me say that I agree with the poster who indicated we scored enough points to win the game so I would concur that the defense was the primary culprit in the loss.
With that said, I am somewhat surprised in the lack of points scored in transition. Using my interpretation, we scored only six points off of six legitimate attempts and two attempts resulted in turnovers.

An earlier poll clearly indicated that the majority felt that Dolson was missed more than Hartley. I do agree but would probably split my vote along the line of 65% to 35%. The one thing I loved about Bria was the way she pushed the ball, even after a made basket. She just didn't force the defense to get back, she forced them to get organized. Frequently this resulted in a basket and/or a foul, a 6-8 foot Sue Bird type of jumper in the lane or a kick out to a trailer for an unguarded three point attempt. IMO these transition baskets were frequently the fuel in some of our patented runs that blew games open.

Just an observation and because this was not mentioned in the practice summary thread, it does not appear to be critical in the eyes of the coaching staff.
Agreed. It certainly didn't help that Stanford shot so well or that we didn't rebound very well. Takes away a lot of opportunities for fast breaks or just pushing up the floor.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, the lack of quality defensive rotation did not lead to quality breakaways.

Reaction Score
UConn couldn't rebound with Stanford early and was forced to crash the boards with all 5 thus not allowing the guards to leak out and get the transition game going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom