Transfer Watch List | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Transfer Watch List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Please no. We can't bring in anymore injured players. It's not worth it
True but he fits the mold of what is needed for the four. 6'9 and really high skilled @ the 4, he could give polley time to grow into his position... though we might have a glut of bigs like enoch,durham,diarra and carlton so idk how copeland really fits other than we could use him. he's an established college player, this isn't like taking a risk on an incoming freshman.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
True but he fits the mold of what is needed for the four. 6'9 and really high skilled @ the 4, he could give polley time to grow into his position... though we might have a glut of bigs like enoch,durham,diarra and carlton so idk how copeland really fits other than we could use him. he's an established college player, this isn't like taking a risk on an incoming freshman.

Ok but it's not about if the kid can play. It's about the words " back injury" and "medical redshirt " to go along with the other four wounded players we got.

Reaction Score
There's gotta be more there than what meets the eye with Copeland. He played 32 minutes per game last season. I can't imagine that a chilly start to the season reduced him to a DNP guy when he was supposed to be their alpha this season. With a kid like that, who is so talented but doesn't rebound, doesn't block shots, doesn't get to the line, can't shoot...you wonder how coachable he is and you wonder about his work ethic. Bringing guys like that aboard is a risk (and yes, I'm doing some assuming, but that's kind of the point...his teammates and coaches are probably wondering the same). Copeland has epitomized Georgetown over the last couple years. They've been a team that has drastically underachieved relative to their talent level and you start to wonder if he's a bit of a poison pill.

So I have to ask, you say he doesn't rebound, doesn't block shots, doesn't get to the line and can't shoot, but that he is so talented. What is it that he does well to deserve the "so talented" label given your description above?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Former UConn PG target Traci Carter is leaving Marquette after 1.5 years. He'd played really well this season - 4.5p/3.6a/2.1r on 56/43/63 shooting splits in just 16 mpg, but for some reason Wojo just doesn't rate him.

Kid will have 2.5 years left. Doubt we go after him given our PG depth, but I'm sure he'll attract interest from schools around us since he's a Philly kid. My guess is Dunphy's already on the line with him.

He probably doesn't hug or flop enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul