Transfer season | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Transfer season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He'd be great, but would be a pretty tough battle between Vance/Larrier/Justin for minutes at the 3 and we've been throwing out 3-guard lineup ideas also.

caw

Reaction Score
He'd be great, but would be a pretty tough battle between Vance/Larrier/Justin for minutes at the 3 and we've been throwing out 3-guard lineup ideas also.

It would be a talented team.

Adams:Gilbert
Purvis:Vital
Larrier:Jackson
Facey:Jackson
Brimah:Enoch: Diarra

RS: Durham

Main problem would be aside from Enoch (assuming Brimah is back) is the only non-freshman on the bench. Probably most talented team KO has had, on paper.

There will probably be minutes with Larrier/Jackson/Jackson (if commits) to play at the four with one of the others at the three, or with a three guard lineup. We all know Facey has foul issues.

Reaction Score

Main problem would be aside from Enoch (assuming Brimah is back) is the only non-freshman on the bench. Probably most talented team KO has had, on paper.

There will probably be minutes with Larrier/Jackson/Jackson (if commits) to play at the four with one of the others at the three, or with a three guard lineup. We all know Facey has foul issues.
If we get Jackson I don't see any situation were facey would start. KO would just go small and rotate Jackson, larrier, Jackson between the 3-4. He might even put diaria in the mix if he can play solid d and rebound. I just don't see much upside in kf's game and he just doesn't complement ab's game enough for them to play on the floor together.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Lots of combinations. Justin Jackson looks really good to me. Wow, what an addition he would be! If he could become an elite rebounder, he would be just about perfect. Nice timing of blocks, can use his left hand, made a few good looking passes (but who knows if they were a typical thing or not), dribbled up after a rebound, and just going up really strong! Lots to like, that's for sure. Hope it comes together.

Reaction Score
If we get Jackson I don't see any situation were facey would start. KO would just go small and rotate Jackson, larrier, Jackson between the 3-4. He might even put diaria in the mix if he can play solid d and rebound. I just don't see much upside in kf's game and he just doesn't complement ab's game enough for them to play on the floor together.
I feel like you consistently ignore the factors that actually get someone playing time on our team. It's real easy for me to see a situation where Facey would start. The situation where he understands our team defensive schemes much better than a bunch of freshman and a sophomore transfer.

Reaction Score
I feel like you consistently ignore the factors that actually get someone playing time on our team. It's real easy for me to see a situation where Facey would start. The situation where he understands our team defensive schemes much better than a bunch of freshman and a sophomore transfer.
Well unfortunately I haven't really seen much of really understanding the defense and you can't have two non- offensive stick figures in the game at the same time. I just think facey is what he is after 3 years, a backup who can get you offensive rebounds and not much else.

Reaction Score
Well unfortunately I haven't really seen much of really understanding the defense and you can't have two non- offensive stick figures in the game at the same time. I just think facey is what he is after 3 years, a backup who can get you offensive rebounds and not much else.

He is inconsistent for sure and after 3 years you would have hoped there was a better understanding of help defense as well as defensive rebounding, but "not much else" isn't fair. I agree the best part of his game is offensive rebounding but he has improved albeit slightly and his athleticism at times comes out and makes you go "wow". His back is to the ball when he is playing defense a little too much but there's a chance he is our 4 this year, if he improves over the summer a real good chance. With the fluidity of recruiting something may happen still but for now as we stand he has as good or better a chance to be the 4. But as you say, after 3 years there are huge issues playing with 2 guys with little to no offensive game minus a lob or put back. There will be times this will probably happen but if it's too often this team will not be really competitive.

Reaction Score
image.png

Looks like the staff has at least contacted Romello White.

Reaction Score
Newman peaked as a junior in high school. He was an undersized SG and looked bad several times as a senior. I'm not shocked he didn't light the world on fire. It isn't fun to sit out a year, but going to a coach who's proven he can develop guards wouldn't be such a bad thing for him. When you're coddled your whole life and told you're the next big thing in the NBA, it's probably hard to be patient though.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Newman peaked as a junior in high school. He was an undersized SG and looked bad several times as a senior. I'm not shocked he didn't light the world on fire. It isn't fun to sit out a year, but going to a coach who's proven he can develop guards wouldn't be such a bad thing for him. When you're coddled your whole life and told you're the next big thing in the NBA, it's probably hard to be patient though.
On the bright side, he probably spent about 5-7k on that www.iammaliknewman.com website (which incidentally seems to be down right now - maybe someone didnt make their domain host payments). I dont like to take joy in a teenagers failures, but when it comes to guys like MN i cant help but chuckle sometimes.

Reaction Score

I wanna say that there was a time in which he was the top guy in his class, and now he's going to be playing at Eastern Florida St College or some place like that. Crazy how quickly things change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom