Transfer coming? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Transfer coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Great get. Excited to see this kid play.

Are there extenuating circumstances as to why he is applying for this waiver? If not, feel like it's a given we'll see him in 16,17.

Reaction Score
Great get. Excited to see this kid play.

Are there extenuating circumstances as to why he is applying for this waiver? If not, feel like it's a given we'll see him in 16,17.
He is currently at a community college...so in theory, it should be a non-D1 transfer, which would allow for him to play right away

Reaction Score
Think because played season and transferred for spring puts it into gray area as can be looked at as gaming the system by NCAA , if he went to community college all year than non issue and would be eligible this year. Either way great pick up.

Reaction Score
He is currently at a community college...so in theory, it should be a non-D1 transfer, which would allow for him to play right away
That's what I thought as well. But he didn't spend a year their so does that change things?

Reaction Score
Interesting fact-came from the same school & grade as Chasz Wright, former UConn commit who ended going to PSU after PP was fired.

Reaction Score
That's what I thought as well. But he didn't spend a year their so does that change things?
I'm not sure and there lies the confusion of whether or not he'd be eligible

Reaction Score
I'm not sure and there lies the confusion of whether or not he'd be eligible

There shouldn't be any confusion. He's not eligible. They are applying for a waiver (standard procedure, see Graham Stewart) to see if the NCAA will allow him to play. Spending a few months in community college doesn't erase the games he played in last season. It's highly unlikely that he'll play next year, possible, but not probably.

Reaction Score
Worh this kids size at 6'3. 246 #. I'd he is playing inside linebacker it's going to be that much harder to rub up the middle.

Reaction Score
I think a good move for everyone. I don't get too excited by transfers, especially ones that are losing playing time.

..............and yes I know it's FSU and the kid was recruited with a bizillion stars and offers.

Let's see what happens on the field.

Reaction Score
I think a good move for everyone. I don't get too excited by transfers, especially ones that are losing playing time.

....and yes I know it's FSU and the kid was recruited with a bizillion stars and offers.

Let's see what happens on the field.

I feel what you are saying but this kid performed from day 1 at FSU...and they bring in kids that are just as good if not better than him. He's actually played downs at the FBS level unlike that circus we experienced a few years back when Edsall was here (witht the 4 star DL recruit who never played a down for us)... Gotta feeling this kid's taking somebody's spot in the starting line up this Fall if he's declared eligible...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is fantastic news. It's positive both in terms of landing the player and his eventual contributions, but also in terms of sending a signal that UConn football is not dead and isn't going away. We needed a shot in the arm.

Reaction Score
I feel what you are saying but this kid performed from day 1 at FSU...and they bring in kids that are just as good if not better than him. He's actually played downs at the FBS level unlike that circus we experienced a few years back when Edsall was here (witht the 4 star DL recruit who never played a down for us)... Gotta feeling this kid's taking somebody's spot in the starting line up this Fall if he's declared eligible...

Exactly, he played as a true FR for a National Championship team. A team that recruit 4 and 5 star LB's and for that reason I'm not discouraged that he lost his starting spot to Northrup another 4 star LB out of FL. Levenberry knows what it feels like to win and we can use a player like him.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Exactly, he played as a true FR for a National Championship team.
The fact that he played as a true freshman on a National Championship team and even considered UConn should hopefully be a sign that Diaco's recruiting abilities are not to be overlooked. I'm not saying that he's going to have the same success with 2 stars that Edsall did but it's encouraging nonetheless.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Great get! I think he already bleeds blue. Welcome to the family, EJ!

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Agreed. WTF, Joobie?!
Rip VanWinkle syndrome? Went to sleep on the BY for exactly 3 months after the last post on Mar 17th and just now waking up? :rolleyes:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Sorry guys...I just MET EJ & am very enthusiastic about his future here. Better late than never....:)

freepass.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul