Tough Loss for W Soc at AAC Tournament | The Boneyard

Tough Loss for W Soc at AAC Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Led 2-0 with 10 minutes to go, lost 3-2 in OT...

Reaction Score
What a disaster this game was. UConn lost a 2 goal lead with 11 minutes to go. On top of that UConn's best player Rachel Hill, who scored the first goal of the night, left the game with an injury sometime in the first half, and did not return to the game. I'm inclined to say that the Huskies probably win if she doesn't get hurt, but that is the way it goes some times. Still, things like this make me a bit nervous about the women's soccer team once Hill graduates after next season.

Anyway, for the NCAA tournament, I think with this loss UConn just misses out on one of the top four regional seeds. They just don't have much in the way of really impressive wins. They will get one home game in the tournament.

Reaction Score
No major wins is a big concern, at most the American will get 2 slots and Cincy is trying to steal 1. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
No major wins is a big concern, at most the American will get 2 slots and Cincy is trying to steal 1. Fingers crossed.

One women's soccer website that I look at has the AAC getting four bids to the tournament, with UConn having the 16th seed. I'm thinking that might be a touch high for the Huskies, but we'll see. I'm inclined to think three bids for the AAC are quite secure, and that Cincinnati probably needs to win the AAC tournament to make it four.

http://herosports.com/collegesoccer...2015-bracketology-week-7-post-friday-matches/

I should clarify, a 16 seed would be a 4 seed in one of the four regional brackets of 16 teams each.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69