Totally on the coaching | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Totally on the coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Um. . . We won. You guys know that, right?

After a win, a title reads, "totally on the coaching".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dude u have to be kiddimg right? If we eke out a win against a clearly inferior program you're not even a little concerned?

Reaction Score
Who would you suggest "call a meeting" with the coaches? Without spending 1 second in the locker room how are you able to determine their hasn't been "buy-in"?

If you were an offensive player, would you buy in to this offense? If anything Chandler/O are buying in too much. would love to see him audible out of the miserable excuse for calls coming in from above.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Unless DeLeone "flips a switch" for Big East play, there is NOTHING encouraging about our play calling 5 games in to the season.

Reaction Score

We did win, but it wasnt fancy! Buffalo got destroyed by Kent State... We one by 1 TD!

Reaction Score
Who would you suggest "call a meeting" with the coaches? Without spending 1 second in the locker room how are you able to determine their hasn't been "buy-in"?

I'm not always right and I'm not in the locker room. And I stated pretty clearly I don't know if we have that guy. Our QB is first year on the team and don't know who the leader might be. Still think it's the right thing to do before they lose any amount of confidence in their coaches. You may think everything is OK. In that case just stay the course.

Reaction Score
You don't have to be in the locker room to know if players have "bought in".

Let's just say the defense has bought in completely. I'll stop right there.

Reaction Score
Dude, enough of this horsesh*t. This team barely hung on to beat one of the absolute bottom dwellers in all of college football. What has this coaching staff shown us in the last 17 games to give us any reason to be anything other than angry and disappointed? Tell me one thing, if you can!

We beat Maryland.

Reaction Score
Coach P might be the worst hire in UConn head coaching history. Even in the 80's Calhoun played to win,

Reaction Score
We did win, but it wasnt fancy! Buffalo got destroyed by Kent State... We one by 1 TD!
We should just join the MAC. We beat a new MAC program at home (UMass), we played a middling MAC program even at home (Buff), and we lost to decent MAC team on the road (WMU). No matter how many people want to deny it, ignore it, pretend it's not true, we are a MAC level program.

Reaction Score
Old school football (50s & 60s) HCPP get ahead by a TD and try to sit on the lead and run out the clock. Modern college football, score quick, get the ball back, score quickly again. Keep trying to get in the end zone because you only get 60 minutes to play this game and scoring TDs is exciting and fun.

Reaction Score

As much as I thought we were outcoached today, that is a fair point.

Reaction Score
As much as I thought we were outcoached today, that is a fair point.

I am not disagreeing on the coaching front. Just looking at our first down play calling makes me want to throw up.

This thread just got to me from some reason. If I didn't see the game and strolled onto the boneyard at 9:00 p.m. and saw the headline "Totally on the Coaching"', I would have thought we lost.

We run the same garbage v. Rutgers and Lose, and I will be irate. I am no doubt concerned about the offensive play calling. Not the amount of runs, but the type of runs. I just saw someone say we ran McCombs on first down 86% of the time. And of those runs, I would guess the majority were straight dives.

Reaction Score
I'm not exactly a football genius, but with such rediculously vanilla play-calling, could the intent have been to give Rutgers nothing to prepare for, get the win and open up the playbook next week? Otherwise the first down run up the middle over and over looks like to product of some kind of psychosis.

Reaction Score
I'm not exactly a football genius, but with such rediculously vanilla play-calling, could the intent have been to give Rutgers nothing to prepare for, get the win and open up the playbook next week? Otherwise the first down run up the middle over and over looks like to product of some kind of psychosis.
Hope thats the case.....but what is the excuse for the play calling at WMU. Only started to "open it up" in that game after being down 17-0.
I doubt we would show nothing for multiple games just to "set up" Rutgers.

Reaction Score

There is a 0% shot that was the philosophy. Just terrible play calling in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
There is no holding back for no one at this point. This is the offense Deleone wants to run. This guy must consider it blasphemous to throw on consecutive downs. He must also think that running into 8-9, man fronts on second down to set up third and seven is some kind of genius idea.

My only way to rationalize what he is doing is if he thinks Whitmer needed to get his feet wet before giving him more responsibility. When allowed to get into a groove this kid looks like a gamer. When you constantly have him hand off and then tries a pass, he struggles, as would ninety percent of all quarterbacks not in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom