Top Ten Signs Your Scholarship Is About To Be Yanked | The Boneyard

Top Ten Signs Your Scholarship Is About To Be Yanked

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS

Reaction Score
Reading the Tennesee Track Pulls Scholarship thread, I couldn’t help but think the young hurdler might've seen it coming if she knew what to look for.

You may, for example, get an inkling your scholarship is in jeopardy when:

10. You say to a coach, “It’s great to be here” and the coach stares at you and says “Is it really?”

9. The new head coach spends her introductory chalk talk on what it takes to be a long distance runner. When you mention you’re a hurdler, she says “Well that’s a hurdle you have to get over.”

8. You walk into the wrong room in the Athletic Department offices and interrupt a meeting of several people wearing black hoods. You hear your nice events coach’s name mentioned to muffled laughter before they all turn to the door and clam up.

7. You tell the nice events coach you had faster times in high school than anyone currently on the team. She replies, “I’d be happy, but I'm out on my ass.”

6. You get a bill from the team trainer. It says “The following amount is patient’s responsibility.”

5. In the cafeteria, the checkout guy says “Your money’s no good here.” You think he’s about to commit an NCAA violation. Then he makes you take your food back.

4. You get a one-way ticket to your hometown in the mail -- wrapped in a sheet of Athletic Department stationery.

3. An anonymous caller asks your mother if your room is made up.

2. As the girls are forming up for the team picture, the photographer holds you back and says “Don’t get in the way of the shot.”

And the number 1 sign your scholarship is getting yanked (courtesy of Morgan Harvey, to whom it happened):

1. You’re invited to a meeting in the coach’s office. Several people are there, carefully avoiding eye contact with you. And before anyone says anything, someone plops a box of Kleenex in front of you.

Reaction Score
Coach: "All hurdlers please report to the track...... No so fast Harvey."

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
True crushing story: The Director of basketball operations is handing out meal money as required by NCAA because its Christmas time and you still have to be on Campus. You extend your hand anxiously and she slap you five and tells you have a meeting with the head coach in 5 minutes.

Reaction Score
your head coach looks like this;

th

your last name is Bays, Mingo, Lyons, Cloud, ...................

The athletic department claims you have a sick relative, and you need to find a school closer to home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom