Top of the Rent | The Boneyard

Top of the Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Someone asked a while back. Email out yesterday that they are available. $140.

Reaction Score
Personally, this is a day of golf once you take into account the green fees, carts, food, drink, and gambling. It's not an issue for me personally. But next year, I hope to see the average season ticket price come down to this ballpark. BYU and Boise coming in next year will create some buzz, but nothing like Michigan.

Reaction Score
If 140 for a whole season is too much might I suggest u get a job at one of the beer stands in renchler field

Reaction Score
If 140 for a whole season is too much might I suggest u get a job at one of the beer stands in renchler field

Yeah, that'll work. If you're on the fence and finances are an issue, work harder. Whether you or I think it's a bargain is not the point. They aren't selling. Which means they are over priced.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that'll work. If you're on the fence and finances are an issue, work harder. Whether you or I think it's a bargain is not the point. They aren't selling. Which means they are over priced.
I disagree on that they are very reasonably priced. Maybe throw a family day hot dog and drink package with it. We need marketing and a culture change in connecticut. You guys have no pro sport teams. There is no reason the Huskies arent be the epitomy of sports in the state. The state needs a culture change. I dont live there anymore so I dont know what is done. I can tell you I have family who played football(Law and ND West Haven) and neighbors who dont talk about the football team or have desire to see them. Most of my alumni friends go to one game a year. I know life is busy but how can we improve this?

Reaction Score
I disagree on that they are very reasonably priced. Maybe throw a family day hot dog and drink package with it. We need marketing and a culture change in connecticut. You guys have no pro sport teams. There is no reason the Huskies arent be the epitomy of sports in the state. The state needs a culture change. I dont live there anymore so I dont know what is done. I can tell you I have family who played football(Law and ND West Haven) and neighbors who dont talk about the football team or have desire to see them. Most of my alumni friends go to one game a year. I know life is busy but how can we improve this?

"We" don't do anything except talk up the program and try to get people to games. I can't GIVE away my tix most times. You're in FL, right? It's never going to be like that up here. We can rip the AD for the marketing fails over the years, but really this is their job, not ours. Don't discount how fickle and spoiled the CT sports fan is. Seriously, I'm generalizing big time, but for the most part, we suck.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Hot dogs and drinks seem like a pointless tack on for college football since there is an abundance of better food in the parking lot.

All we need to do is change the culture and have people value college sports more highly. Simple enough!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Buy the rent. It's like 60mil price wise right now right? Sell name rights in 2018. Make cash all dam day.

Reaction Score
"We" don't do anything except talk up the program and try to get people to games. I can't GIVE away my tix most times. You're in FL, right? It's never going to be like that up here. We can rip the AD for the marketing fails over the years, but really this is their job, not ours. Don't discount how fickle and spoiled the CT sports fan is. Seriously, I'm generalizing big time, but for the most part, we suck.
If they win, they will come. However, that's where the marketing comes in. When they win, don't be too greedy and boost the ticket prices right away. Give the new fans a chance to enjoy the games and get addicted. Bottom line is if they win they will come. Of course, if they win in the AAU, that logic may not apply. No more OOC cupcakes. They need to schedule top teams from the top conferences to keep the interest levels high.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
That's why UConn wanted to be in the mix for operating both Rentschler and XL when the CRDA was going through that process and settled on Global Spectrum. Naming rights money would be huge, but still a few years away.

I know the marketing gets bashed on regular basis, and a lot of it is deserved, but there are issues and red tape everywhere, like it or not.
The xl should have been knocked down not re contracted. I hear u tho. But im not taking excuses. Go getters figure it out. Rutgers and Lville expanded and built in way worse money situations. Play ball or watch others play ball.

Reaction Score
Hot dogs and drinks seem like a pointless tack on for college football since there is an abundance of better food in the parking lot.

All we need to do is change the culture and have people value college sports more highly. Simple enough!
Hey free hotdogs and soda get me about as excited as seeing Melissa McCarthys tits. But. It's showing people some love that's always a plus and who won't get hungry later in the game?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Agreed, but I find it hard to believe the taxpayers in CT would have jumped on board to help finance a new XL Center. I've heard Global will be pouring a decent amount of money in each venue, so there will be some improvements coming this year, but a new arena is the ideal long term solution if we are going to continue to split time in Hartford.

I don't want a new xl. Nothing to sell to the ppl on that front.

I want a 15k arena in dt storrs with a 5k barn next to it walking distance to everything.

6 years ago Budweiser made a deal with a local d3 school to build a nice puck barn to sit 2.5k. Bud got to have a bar in the front of it or connected or something and of corse controlled food and beg in it. The plans fell thru because the permit didn't work with the school and state laws or something. This was local but not in ct. I am fairly certain the hockey barn will be made a big deal of to us but in reality there are several very realistic possibilities for something quick. If its not in dt storrs it will be another fail by uconn. That barn needs to be the new mold of things on campus, designed for the sport long term and it needs to help build the college town until we get better highway connections and a fball stadium there one day.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A new concessions contract is needed. The food is horrible and costs too much to boot. Also, the service stinks. I know they are volunteers, they still stink.

Reaction Score
This guy carrying the water for P and giving advice is in Florida doesn't even go to games? Screw 'im.
I go to a game every year at the rent. Love it!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
At that price, I will buy a few seats just to keep Michigan fans out.

Reaction Score

And if you sold the package for $5/game people would buy them and then not go because who cares if you wasted $5. And then anyone who paid $25/game feels robbed and won't buy tickets next year. Called the death spiral.

Reaction Score
If they win, they will come. However, that's where the marketing comes in. When they win, don't be too greedy and boost the ticket prices right away. Give the new fans a chance to enjoy the games and get addicted. Bottom line is if they win they will come. Of course, if they win in the AAU, that logic may not apply. No more OOC cupcakes. They need to schedule top teams from the top conferences to keep the interest levels high.

I'm actually curious with hoops. Will we fill more seats with a Gonzaga-like schedule and top 10 rankings with a gaudy record because of our front runner fan behavior? Is 25-5 better than 20-10 against better opponents? I think to some fans it might be.

Reaction Score
I bought these last year (pretty sure they were 120) and literally only sat in them for the first half of the UMass game before sitting in better seats the rest of the year. Ugraded to sec. 130 this year though!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm a die hard, so I would prefer to sit down low, but others in my group prefer the Top of The Rent package.

I'd rather bring 8-10 with me, than price them out and just go with myself and 1-2 others. It's not that they can't afford it, it's that the casual fan doesn't really want to pay more than that.

Also, does anyone have a link to the Top of the Rent seats? All I see are the regular season ticket prices.

Classic UConn sports marketing. Turning away the fan that wants to buy seats. I can't comprehend how I've bought this exact package for the past 3 seasons and I don't even get an email as some of you did. WTF is wrong with these people?!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have the email. There is no link on the site I can find. Send me a PM and I'll send it to you.

Check your spam filters maybe? I've had them get caught in there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And if you sold the package for $5/game people would buy them and then not go because who cares if you wasted $5.

Or people that already have tickets would buy them, go out to the car for a couple of brews at halftime and use that ticket to get back in. Save $13. a game.

Reaction Score
Or people that already have tickets would buy them, go out to the car for a couple of brews at halftime and use that ticket to get back in. Save $13. a game.

Right. Either way $5/tickets aren't the way to fill the stands.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Michigan fans are buying are buying season tickets for the Top of the Rent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom