Baylor
South Carolina
UNC
Iowa State
Tennessee
Ok State
Kentucky
Cal

I think you could argue Tennessee and Kentucky dropping further, especially Kentucky, but a lot of others in the top 20 lost this past week. Wonder where they will all end up. One thing for sure - the top 4 are solid at the moment....

Also, with San Diego, Georgia and Indiana all losing (Georgia has lost 4 in a row - it was sort of mystifying why they were even ranked), I would expect to see RU arrive in the top 25... That should make our RU friends happy!! Colorado probably should drop from the top 25 as well with 2 losses last week, altho they were to Cal and Stanford...

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I think TN will drop, but not that far. Some voters will place Vany in top 25, then convince themselves that a loss to a top 25 team isn't THAT big a deal, and move them down a spot or two, but not out of the psychological important Top 10. I don't see voters moving UNC ahead of TN. USC (east coast version) and KY yes, but not Iowa State, who are more likely to go down than up. Did you seriously move Iowa State at 11 UP to 10 after a loss?

I thought maybe LSU could sneak ahead but their loss to TAMU nixes that. However, that means you will have TN and LSU, each with three losses, and a win by LSU over TN, yet have TN ahead of LSU. Not a lot of sense, but I think it will happen.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Not sure who will move into the T25. WV was 26th last week but lost by quite a bit at home to Baylor, so that may be iffy. Syracuse and Texas have good Sagarin ratings but have lost 4 games and split last week against strong competition. Gonzaga was down at 33rd last week but have now run off 4 wins in a row and are #12 in Sagarin. Vandy beat UTenn at home but are only at #31 in Sags and were #35 in the rankings last week. Rutgers at least had two convincing wins last week so likely gets the 4 spot jump into the rankings.

Will be interesting to see.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think TN will drop, but not that far. Some voters will place Vany in top 25, then convince themselves that a loss to a top 25 team isn't THAT big a deal, and move them down a spot or two, but not out of the psychological important Top 10. I don't see voters moving UNC ahead of TN. USC (east coast version) and KY yes, but not Iowa State, who are more likely to go down than up. Did you seriously move Iowa State at 11 UP to 10 after a loss?

I thought maybe LSU could sneak ahead but their loss to TAMU nixes that. However, that means you will have TN and LSU, each with three losses, and a win by LSU over TN, yet have TN ahead of LSU. Not a lot of sense, but I think it will happen.
I only dropped Tennessee from 8 to 11. Kentucky from 9 to 13. I might have put Cal ahead of Kentucky. Going to be an interesting week for sure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom