Top 10 pickup for SC | The Boneyard

Top 10 pickup for SC

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Staley is a great recruiter. Thankfully, we don't have to worry about a new commit until 2019. The game will be in Storrs!

Reaction Score
EspnW #-10 Destanni Henderson (5-8 PG/2 Fort Myers, FL/Fort Myers 2018) commits to South Carolina! @CGBR27 @arthsusie @espnW @GamecockWBB
She's too small to be any good.:D

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The topic scared me. i thought a talented player was going to the west coast school. IMO, you have to be nuts to go into the abyss created by their current coach.

Reaction Score
The topic scared me. i thought a talented player was going to the west coast school. IMO, you have to be nuts to go into the abyss created by their current coach.

Ha, sorry. I would never use USC for the east coast school, but do use SC.

So Cooper not doing a good job?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ha, sorry. I would never use USC for the east coast school, but do use SC.
Thank you for that! UT is Texas. USC is University of Southern California. Tenn is Tennessee and SC is South Carolina. As a west coast guy, I always cringe when posters use the western monikers to denote the eastern team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good for Dawn, but I think her recruiting has dropped off since Wilson and the transfers.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Good for Dawn, but I think her recruiting has dropped off since Wilson and the transfers.

Fair assessment .. 2015 was a terrible class for us, 2016 was ok (Tyasha Harris will be VERY good, Harrigan can be good, I think Bradshaw was probably overranked.. but who knows, she doesn't really play much). Our 2017 class is pretty good (right outside the top 10).. Grissett will be very good for us, Williams will be good.. Jackson and Troup will probably be good role players.

..so when your 2014 class was ranked #2 and featured 2 top 10 players and 2 more top 50 players it's fair to say that our classes since have been drop offs.. 2016 and 2017 aren't bad classes, but technically yes, they are drop offs. Very few schools are capable of bringing in top 5 classes year after year.

FWIW, I think 2018 will be a VERY good class for SC. It has to be when you consider what we're losing and the playing time/space available.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Fair assessment .. 2015 was a terrible class for us, 2016 was ok (Tyasha Harris will be VERY good, Harrigan can be good, I think Bradshaw was probably overranked.. but who knows, she doesn't really play much). Our 2017 class is pretty good (right outside the top 10).. Grissett will be very good for us, Williams will be good.. Jackson and Troup will probably be good role players.

..so when your 2014 class was ranked #2 and featured 2 top 10 players and 2 more top 50 players it's fair to say that our classes since have been drop offs.. 2016 and 2017 aren't bad classes, but technically yes, they are drop offs. Very few schools are capable of bringing in top 5 classes year after year.

FWIW, I think 2018 will be a VERY good class for SC. It has to be when you consider what we're losing and the playing time/space available.
To compete for a NC, she needs to get top-5 groups 2-3 times in 4 years or another top-2 group.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Our 2014 class was assisted by the fact that the State of SC had an unusual depth of talent. Dawn is parlaying the success spurred by that class into the ability to recruit nationally.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
To compete for a NC, she needs to get top-5 groups 2-3 times in 4 years or another top-2 group.

Well it hasn't yet been 4 years since 2014 (our first elite class)... so I guess she's due for a really good class in 2018. I hope so at least.... otherwise SC will likely "regress to the mean"...

Reaction Score

You can bet it that the players in bold are going to be better then good! They're going to be great!! Grissett is the most versatile and athletic player in her class hands down, at 6'2 (she is still growing) she can play all 5 positions and defend them as well!! She was a steal and can lock up any defender you put her on. Williams is lean, mobile, and amazing. She's 6'5 and will probably be built like Wilson once she hits the weight room. Her game will speak for itself she has the ability to play back to the basket or face up and put it the ball on the floor. She is going to be very special. Troup is the suprise of the class she's going to be special! Think Larry Bird when you think Troup. Can't understand how she is rated so low by HG and PN but she's the real deal and Dawn noticed it and had to have her. She's really one of a kind and has already surpassed 2,000 points, 1,000 assists, 959 steals, and 867 rebounds. Most gamecock fans think she's just a shooter but she's far more then that she has a solid build and VERY high BBIQ probably the highest I've seen in a while. Jackson is also going to be good she's the daughter of two college basketball coaches and was born into the game! High IQ, great shooter, and great work ethic. She has all the makings to be as great a player as Tiffany Mitchell was if she works hard enough. This class wasn't rated high by the recruiting boards but they are going to be special and are going to take the world by storm!

Reaction Score

Indeed it will be. We are in good position with some great recruits! I was in Myrtle Beach for the Crescom Invitational and I got a chance to meet Nelson-Ododa's parents. They were nice and very open people. I didn't ask them too much about Olivia's recruitment and who she was down to because it wasn't any of my business but when I told her father that I was a gamecock fan his face brightened with joy. He told me that his daughter loves SC and Dawn Staley and that their family planned to go on an unofficial visit sometime during the season. Of course the Nelson-Ododa's are big UGA fans but they said the want what's best for their daughter and wants her to weigh her options carefully. Really hope we land Olivia she's very special and could be a staple for our program to stay around the elite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom