Too Complicated | The Boneyard

Too Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

What really interested me is what Jack Cochran said about Casey needing to study his playbook from early morning to late at night and not having time for much else.
OK here is a coach's son and kid who could have gone to various Ivy League schools saying this, just imagine how the other kids on the team must feel?

Coach P's (GDL's) playbook is way too complex for the kids - that's why the linemen seem so confused. Or is it TJ's playbook?

Reaction Score
What really interested me is what Jack Cochran said about Casey needing to study his playbook from early morning to late at night and not having time for much else.
OK here is a coach's son and kid who could have gone to various Ivy League schools saying this, just imagine how the other kids on the team must feel?

Coach P's (GDL's) playbook is way too complex for the kids - that's why the linemen seem so confused. Or is it TJ's playbook?

They were bad before TJ showed up.

Reaction Score
I remember Lagow's dad saying in an email that camp was ridiculously regimented. Football 100% from wake up to lights out. Zero allowance for any time to let the kids chill. I know you need focus but just a little time to let the kids be kids would, l would think, be time well spent.

Reaction Score
Remember how many hours a day GDL was working last year to get our offense right? These guys are nothing but consistent. Not seeing the need for some downtime to recharge and stay focused when it counts shows why they are struggling for success with the college game.

Reaction Score
I remember Lagow's dad saying in an email that camp was ridiculously regimented. Football 100% from wake up to lights out. Zero allowance for any time to let the kids chill. I know you need focus but just a little time to let the kids be kids would, l would think, be time well spent.

Camp was run by a desperate man who thought beating it into them would create winning. Clueless....

C

Chief00

I also remember one OL saying they would come out of the huddle and Line up and guys did not know what they were suppose to do.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Do you know how many plays it takes to wallpaper an entire house?

Everyone has been in a meeting where someone has tried to substitute complexity for competence.

UConn football players, unfortunately, have those meetings on a daily basis.

Reaction Score
Alright ... Someone's gotta be the and say it. If camp was so regimented and demanding ... And the focus on football was 24/7 ... How is it that players still don't know who to block? Either the coaches are spending way too much time trying to teach something that cannot be taught ... Or they have no clue how to teach it? Which is it???

Reaction Score
Alright ... Someone's gotta be the and say it. If camp was so regimented and demanding ... And the focus on football was 24/7 ... How is it that players still don't know who to block? Either the coaches are spending way too much time trying to teach something that cannot be taught ... Or they have no clue how to teach it? Which is it???

eennie, meenie, mydie, moe.

Reaction Score
If the team goes to a bowl game and wins Coach P will be retained as it shows improvement. The team is getting better, they just need to clean up the mistakes. I'll be interested in seeing who P signs this winter because so far the recruiting is on an upswing from the Edsall days. Lineman must be the priority.

If you guys really want to contribute in a positive way to the UConn football program try starting a movement to get that horrid playing field replaced at the Rent. Start a fund raiser. I'd kick in a couple bucks. But do something other than repeatedly complaining about something you have absolutely ZERO (0) influence over.

Reaction Score
If the team goes to a bowl game and wins Coach P will be retained as it shows improvement. The team is getting better, they just need to clean up the mistakes. I'll be interested in seeing who P signs this winter because so far the recruiting is on an upswing from the Edsall days. Lineman must be the priority.

If you guys really want to contribute in a positive way to the UConn football program try starting a movement to get that horrid playing field replaced at the Rent. Start a fund raiser. I'd kick in a couple bucks. But do something other than repeatedly complaining about something you have absolutely ZERO (0) influence over.

Really?

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score

Y

Reaction Score
Weyuo, really? Really ducking really? Clean up the mistakes? Come on, come clean, are you PP's cousin or neighbor or something?

Reaction Score
If the team goes to a bowl game and wins Coach P will be retained as it shows improvement. The team is getting better, they just need to clean up the mistakes. I'll be interested in seeing who P signs this winter because so far the recruiting is on an upswing from as a result of the success of the Edsall days. Lineman must be the priority.

Fixed.

Reaction Score

You have to stop guzzling the Kool-Aid.

Reaction Score
I've been saying since these guys got here that they viewed themselves as technicians. That's one of the primary reasons we have a program that was for years one of the top rushing teams in the country to now near dead last. These guys were smarter than everyone else and could out scheme the opposition. Zone blocking, wildcat, a workhorse fly weight back......

We pass a little better now. But not enough to control the ball like you can when you can run the ball. The share idiocy of all this is that the previous two seasons we had top rated national defenses which, if coupled with just a competent running attach, would have easily put us in bowl games.

We'll be done with this nonsense no later than December.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom