Tonight in the WNBA | The Boneyard

Tonight in the WNBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sun lose a close one to the LA Sparks 74-72 despite Tina's 25 and 13. The Sun have too many awful possessions.

Lynx 93 Silver Stars 80
Maya's line: 28 pts, 10 rebs, 6 assists, 3 steals

Phoenix and Seattle about to tip on espn2

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I was at the Sun game. It was the first time I had seen the Sun play in some time.

As someone who suggested here a few weeks ago that Kelly's roster spot might not be secure, I wish to report that she has made subtle but clear progress, and I no longer think that is the case. Tonight she played 17 minutes (including the final minutes of a very close game), had 5 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 turnovers. She was 2-for-2 in shooting, which included a nice steal in the first half and a 3-pointer at a crucial time near the end. They had her inbounding the ball in the final minutes, which may reflect that she is not their main offensive threat but also indicates that they have confidence in her not to make a stupid mistake and to do what was diagrammed in the huddle.

She is probably never going to be a double-digit scorer or even a 30-minute player in the WNBA, but she will have a solid multi-year career there, doing it the same way she did it at UConn. When she becomes an experienced hand in a couple of years, I would expect her to mentor more talented rookies just as she did with KML, with equally good results.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why Gaines hasn't been fired yet?

I don't necessarily think that is an odd question - but with both Bonner and Griner going down during the game, and DT collecting her requisite "T", the game rapidly became a disaster.

I just can't put this one on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01