Tonight in One Statistic | The Boneyard

Tonight in One Statistic

Reaction Score
Adams+Purvis: 8 for 33 from the field, 2 for 13 from three.

With numbers like that, tough to see how the end result could've been any different.
Yup, tonight is on them. But really it's on Vital, Purvis, and Jackson for being offensive zeros for a half.

Most of the time, opposing defenses are either worrying about 1 or 2 players in each of our possessions. We need another legit option. Hopefully Jackson can continue to score with confidence going forward.

Reaction Score
Also, two other things:

1. Anyone saying Vance isn't a shooter, you can stop.
  2. Brimah set a new career high for rebounds tonight.

Sometimes I go 3 for 6 shooting in my driveway.

Reaction Score
Team played bad. Vance had moments. But all took really bad shots with no repercussions. Yeah no one to put in but that has been the tone for to long time.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So 1 good shooting night makes a guy who is 31% from the field and 27% from 3 a shooter? Ok, whatever you say

You act like tonight's the first time he's ever made a three for us. He isn't consistent, but this is the 4th or 5th time he's provided this kind of offense for us all season. Rashad Andersons who are lights-out from day 1 don't exactly grow on trees.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't except much from Durham given he hasn't played in years. Vance needs to get a lot more run at Rodney's expense. Vance has better handles, rebounds better, better mid range shot, and better at getting to the rim

Reaction Score
You act like tonight's the first time he's ever made a three for us. He isn't consistent, but this is the 4th or 5th time he's provided this kind of offense for us all season. Rashad Andersons who are lights-out from day 1 don't exactly grow on trees.
27% is 27%, there is no way to sugar coat that. I hope he develops into a shooter but he is a long from that right now.

Reaction Score
Purvis is just lost. He is one the island of misfit toys.
Yeah after watching this game I was totally wrong about purvis. No handle and he sucks. No wonder he came back as a sr. I wish he left and Cassell stayed.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yeah after watching this game I was totally wrong about purvis. No handle and he sucks. No wonder he came back as a sr. I wish he left and Cassell stayed.

Purvis has been playing horribly, but do you honestly think Cassell would be any better?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Purvis has been playing horribly, but do you honestly think Cassell would be any better?

might make a few more shots, but that's about it

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I would reiterate that Adams is not a consistent point guard. Too many turnovers. Not all his fault. But he can't play point guard like that.
I agree Durham and Jackson were the silver lining.

Reaction Score
I would reiterate that Adams is not a consistent point guard. Too many turnovers. Not all his fault. But he can't play point guard like that.
I agree Durham and Jackson were the silver lining.
Adams would likely be better off the ball but he would look like a better point with Larrier and Gilbert to pass to and with some scoring help. He's trying to do everything himself it seems at times because he feels like he has to I think. Trying to run the team and be the primary scorer is a tall order.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Adams would likely be better off the ball but he would look like a better point with Larrier and Gilbert to pass to and with some scoring help. He's trying to do everything himself it seems at times because he feels like he has to I think. Trying to run the team and be the primary scorer is a tall order.

Agreed. He is just being asked to do too much with zero rest. It's taking a toll.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom