Tomorrow's weather is now looking pretty good | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tomorrow's weather is now looking pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would love to see them become a legit college football program... They were on TV earlier this year ( re-run on CT public access ) playing a JUCO team consisting of students of Community Colleges in Southwestern CT... Think there's hope they'll eventually go either NAIA or DIII at the very least?
I can actually answer that. For Eastern to actually field an official team, the school is going to have to take over all funding. This club team was taken over two years ago by 2 Southington High alumni who wanted to continue playing. Their parents organised everything. Last year, Eastern kicked in money for uniforms & a stipend for the coach, but the parents group pays for everything else. Sadly, the 2 Southington kids will be graduating after this season, so the leadership will have to be passed to others or this shortlived experiment will fail.

Reaction Score
Sorry to go off topic coach, but what's the deal with your QB? Is he a D-1 prospect?
I haven't yet been to a Knights game this season (& obviously won't be there tomorrow), so all I know is what I see in the local newspapers. Seems like a player though. I'll have to do a followup.

Reaction Score
Would love to see them become a legit college football program... They were on TV earlier this year ( re-run on CT public access ) playing a JUCO team consisting of students of Community Colleges in Southwestern CT... Think there's hope they'll eventually go either NAIA or DIII at the very least?

I'd say there is a chance, but I believe Title IX & funding may be an issue there.. You from shelton? Me as well. Go Gaels!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I haven't yet been to a Knights game this season (& obviously won't be there tomorrow), so all I know is what I see in the local newspapers. Seems like a player though. I'll have to do a followup.

Are you talking about the Southington QB?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
The one currently at Southington or graduated in 2011?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Barmore is pretty good, yeah. He's been to a couple top QB camps I believe.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can actually answer that. For Eastern to actually field an official team, the school is going to have to take over all funding. This club team was taken over two years ago by 2 Southington High alumni who wanted to continue playing. Their parents organised everything. Last year, Eastern kicked in money for uniforms & a stipend for the coach, but the parents group pays for everything else. Sadly, the 2 Southington kids will be graduating after this season, so the leadership will have to be passed to others or this shortlived experiment will fail.

Eastern lacrosse program started the same way. They have had some success on the DIII level but was a club sport that kept growing.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Ahhhh! a Jack and lemonade day? maybe a black tooth grin? Grilled buffalo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom