Tom Brady: 8th Championship Game in 12 seasons as a starter | The Boneyard

Tom Brady: 8th Championship Game in 12 seasons as a starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Aaron Rodgers is probably going to take out Peyton Manning's 55 TD record, but who is going to take out Brady's CG record?

Reaction Score
I never imagined the Patriots would have a run like this in my lifetime.

Reaction Score
I never imagined the Patriots would have a run like this in my lifetime.

Is that the "2 losses in a row to the Giants in the Super Bowl" run you speak of?:oops:………

Sorry I had to, I mean football has been over since October for me.

Reaction Score
Is that the "2 losses in a row to the Giants in the Super Bowl" run you speak of?:oops:………

The Giants are the Patriots' nemesis. Every team needs one.

I forget who did in Montana. Oh, wait a minute, it was the Giants:

1985: Giants 17-3
1986: Giants 49-3
1990: Giants 15-13

3 game losing streak to the Giants in the playoffs

Seems the Giants like to beat QBs who lead dynasties. Were it not for the Giants, Brady and Montana would each probably have two more Super Bowls. Well, I know the Patriots would have two more, but the 9ers aren't beating the 85 Bears, nor likely the 1990 Buffalo Bills.

Reaction Score

At least now we know Eli is in it because Daddy said so.

It's crazy to think he has more championships than Peyton. The Giants have a tradition of defense, not offense. Brandon Jacobs set the franchise record for most rushing TDs in a career? Really? :p;)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At least now we know Eli is in it because Daddy said so.

It's crazy to think he has more championships than Peyton. The Giants have a tradition of defense, not offense. Brandon Jacobs set the franchise record for most rushing TDs in a career? Really? :p;)

Why? Because Peyton, by playing the bulk of his career in a dome put up better regular season passing numbers?

Eli is far better than most when the game matters, regardless of conditions (something that cannot be said about Peyton). My guess is that in about a half dozen years the comment will change to "It's crazy to think he has more championships than Brady".

Reaction Score
Why? Because Peyton, by playing the bulk of his career in a dome put up better regular season passing numbers?

Eli is far better than most when the game matters, regardless of conditions (something that cannot be said about Peyton). My guess is that in about a half dozen years the comment will change to "It's crazy to think he has more championships than Brady".

That will be quite a feat for Eli. He's 33 now, so I guess that's 2 Super Bowls (maybe more if Brady wins one more) until the time he's 39. Personally, I'd bet that Brady gets one more before Eli gets one.

Reaction Score

Eli has come up big in big games more then his brother, we've seen it. Is he better, no….but he's better than most give him credit for. The laughable "he's just lucky" comments tell what people know!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Eli's good, Brady's better, but Peyton is in a different orbit.

(Or Eli was good...he was horrendous this year.)

Reaction Score

I'll have whatever you are smoking.

Reaction Score
Eli's good, Brady's better, but Peyton is in a different orbit.

(Or Eli was good...he was horrendous this year.)

Peyton has good stats, but not as good as Brady's. Little known fact: Brady has better QB rating than Peyton indoors, better than Peyton outdoors, even tho Manning has higher overall. Think about that.

Reaction Score
The beauty is you don't have to.

Career stats: Brady
Season record: Brady
Playoff stats: Brady
Playoff wins: Brady
Pro Bowl WRs & TEs over career: Brady 3, Peyton 7
Super Bowls: Brady 5, Peyton 3
Rings: Brady 3, Peyton 1

In every category, Brady beats Manning

Reaction Score
Career stats: Brady
Season record: Brady
Playoff stats: Brady
Playoff wins: Brady
Pro Bowl WRs & TEs over career: Brady 3, Peyton 7
Super Bowls: Brady 5, Peyton 3
Rings: Brady 3, Peyton 1

In every category, Brady beats Manning

You're hopeless Tom Brady/Patriots/Belichick yoghurt slurper. Hope Tom enjoys watching the Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
You're hopeless Tom Brady/Patriots/Belichick yoghurt slurper. Hope Tom enjoys watching the Super Bowl.

I see. You've got nothing. I shouldn't have expected anything. At the least try for even one explanation.

Reaction Score
I see. You've got nothing. I shouldn't have expected anything. At the least try for even one explanation.

I could not give a crap about stats. I would take Peyton Manning over Brady 8 days of the week, and it's not even close.

And Brady is actually a pretty decent QB.

Reaction Score
I could not give a crap about stats. I would take Peyton Manning over Brady 8 days of the week, and it's not even close.

And Brady is actually a pretty decent QB.

I see, you like QBs that choke in the clutch and throw interceptions in every big situation in their career, including the year he won.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I see, you like QBs that choke in the clutch and throw interceptions in every big situation in their career, including the year he won.

He had a "big situation" about a half-hour ago.

That went pretty well.

Brady's a great quarterback - he's just not as good as Peyton Manning.

Reaction Score
He had a "big situation" about a half-hour ago.

That went pretty well.

Brady's a great quarterback - he's just not as good as Peyton Manning.

One game. Brady has played great in many games, including Super Bowls. Manning's record in big games is not so hot. He's never played well in a Super Bowl. This game was actually his best one ever. People are forgetting his past performances.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think people are forgetting anything.

He's likely the best to ever play the position - that's what people remember.

No one is saying Brady isn't great, it's just that he's not the greatest.

Not to make it seem that he's not great, but since you started this inane tangent....Brady has surely sucked in some big games as well - he was outplayed by daylight today. He was brutal against the Ravens in the AFC title game last year and even worse in a game against them in the 2009 playoffs. (Truth - Ravens scared the s--- out of Brady.) He was terrible against the Chargers in the 2008 AFC title game and terrible in the playoff game against the Chargers the year prior. He lost a playoff game to Rex Ryan. Rex Ryan. He was miserable against the Broncos in the 2007 playoffs, etc.

Even when they've won the Super Bowl - he was marginal in the first playoff run, solid in the second and brilliant in the third.

Reaction Score
I don't think people are forgetting anything.

He's likely the best to ever play the position - that's what people remember.

No one is saying Brady isn't great, it's just that he's not the greatest.

Not to make it seem that he's not great, but since you started this inane tangent....Brady has surely sucked in some big games as well - he was outplayed by daylight today. He was brutal against the Ravens in the AFC title game last year and even worse in a game against them in the 2009 playoffs. (Truth - Ravens scared the s--- out of Brady.) He was terrible against the Chargers in the 2008 AFC title game and terrible in the playoff game against the Chargers the year prior. He lost a playoff game to Rex Ryan. Rex Ryan. He was miserable against the Broncos in the 2007 playoffs, etc.

Even when they've won the Super Bowl - he was marginal in the first playoff run, solid in the second and brilliant in the third.

Well, you won't over a lot of Brady games, and I mostly agree. Disagree on the second run when he had a top 5 Super Bowl performance. That was his best performance. Better than anything Manning has ever done at any point in his career. Brady without WRs is going nowhere, we know that. Which explains his performances in those last couple years, especially without Gronk. On the other hand, he tied the Super Bowl record for completions against the Giants 2 years ago. He had a good game. With Gronk, he's ripped apart that Ravens D over the years and is actually 6-2 against them. As for 2007 Chargers game, my God, that was one of his best performances. His WRs were Reche Caldwell and Donte Stallworth, street free agents. And the Patriots somehow scored 27 points against one of the best defenses of the last decade.

But here again I'll say it: Peyton Manning has been awful. You can go through Brady's bad performance,s but he's had a lot of good ones. A heck of a lot more than Peyton Manning. Manning's are few and far between. Try applying the same fine comb through his performances that you just did to Brady. He's been pretty bad.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
And yet he's the best quarterback in the game.

Brady is a game third - no shame in that.

Reaction Score
And yet he's the best quarterback in the game.

Brady is a game third - no shame in that.

Well, there it is. We disagree. I like my QBs to come through in the heat. Montana #1, then Brady. Not sure Manning is even 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom