todays treat | The Boneyard

todays treat

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Watching the Addazio clip at 6:23 makes me glad we didn't get him. Not that I would judge a coach based on a press conference, but coaches need to be credible, and he just wasn't believable talking about championships at BC.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Watching the Addazio clip at 6:23 makes me glad we didn't get him. Not that I would judge a coach based on a press conference, but coaches need to be credible, and he just wasn't believable talking about championships at BC.

I also like the fact that Addazio apparently went to the William Shatner School of Acting, whereby he puts a dramatic pause after every other word. It was.....classic....

Reaction Score
I also like the fact that Addazio apparently went to the William Shatner School of Acting, whereby he puts a dramatic pause after every other word. It was.....classic....

Beat me to this observation. Haha.

Reaction Score
That vid will be good for recruiting. And as a BC fan it was awesome.
Unfortunately, you don't recruit middle-aged, overweight white guys. Other than that, it was indeed awesome.

Reaction Score
Hey man I'm 19 and not overweight but it'll help some its just a way to peak interest the it's on the coaches.

Reaction Score
That's really great. Now here's BC's current reality.

They've never won a Big East or ACC championship and gone to a BCS bowl. They are now among the worst programs in BCS football. UCONN is establishing itself as a major player in the Northeast as is Rutgers. That talent in New England, NY and NJ that BC recruited and developed so well over the years is now much more competitive to get and right now BC may very well be a 3rd or 4th choice. Mind you, UCONN, now on par with BC in every way, has done so with the uncertainty of conference realignment to battle. Try as BC might, that will not be the case forever, and when UCONN's conference situation eventually settles out (which it will), that's it for BC. UCONN football will look to BC fans much like the UCONN basketball program; something BC fans know they will never acheive.

You don't let folks like GDL stick around and do the things they did without a void in overall institutional leadership. The gritty tradition that was the Boston Irish base of BC and seemed to transcend onto the grid iron is long gone. In its stead is a base of privilege and perceived elitism. Leadership, courage, vision, ........traits I just do not see in the BC leadership.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
take a easy on 24, he has red glasses but hes good ppl and has good recruit info. would much rather have him here with us then make him spend his days exchaning pictures of meat and cats on eo's recruit thread.

Reaction Score
Bc eagle, you guys got a good one, I fear. Coach A will have them plying fast and loose - and he has the charisma to win over the media and fans.

Reaction Score
Addazio was a great hire by BC. Passionate coach and a great recruiter. Wish we could have gotten him after Coach Edsall left.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
his style wont allow him to last long at bc. bates didn't do his full homework on this one. the dazler is a good coach but hes also a wildman. he would rather be in a brawl outside the bar then inside the bar drinking. bates found a good coach for what he needed(pumping the program back up, just some life) but what he didn't measure was the culture around him at bc. the dazzler and bc leadership/students/alums dont fit. it will be a ruff time. he will improve the program but be hated at the same time. the fans will hate becuase he can't turn it around quick enough but the leadership and snobs will hate becuase hes not wine and cheese. he will get out of there first chance he gets when the cuse or pitt jobs open up in 2 or 3 years(or in pitts case, any day now).

db on the other hand, has something going on that i have yet to quite figure out. puzzle just has to many pieces right now. only thing i can pretty much see is that he wont be there very long just like here. the $ tells us that. but its pretty wierd how he really trying to shift his resume lately. not sure what his goals are...

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Don Brown runs the same defense at BC next season that he did at UCONN last season he is going to get lit up big time. BC just does not have the athletes on D that UCONN did last season. Their DBs last season were horrid and sloooooowwwww........... He runs his backers every down it will be uuuggggllllyyyy..........

Reaction Score
Don Brown runs the same defense at BC next season that he did at UCONN last season he is going to get lit up big time. BC just does not have the athletes on D that UCONN did last season. Their DBs last season were horrid and sloooooowwwww........... He runs his backers every down it will be uuuggggllllyyyy..........

I don't see BC having that much better of a season than last year.

Reaction Score
Funny. Just funny stuff.... I AM HERE...........................................................TO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!! EVERYONE WHO KNOWS ME.....KNOWS THAT I WANTED TO BE HERE (not Florida, where I initially was and was wining championships). Cringe-worthy really.

Reaction Score
Disagree here a bit. We don't have the best DBs but with an aggressive style if we get to the QB it will mask some of that. We get ALJ back which is huge he's one of the most physically gifted CBs in college football. CJ Jones being healthy should help too. Matt Milano will IMO start from day 1 at safety he's a star. But in general yes there are some issues and really not much depth. A starting 4 of ALJ,Jones,Milano,and Simmons would be good though. The LBs are excellent but I worry about the DL. The offense should be pretty good. Rettig is one of the best QBs out there right now.

Reaction Score
Over the two seasons Brown was with UCONN he has worked with 3 NFL caliber DLmen in Trevardo Williams, Reyes and Joseph, 2 NFL caliber LBs in Moore, Smallwood (Jory Johnson will get a look) and 2 NFL corners in Blidi Wre-Wilson and Gratz. Wilson may be a first day pick.

He had tremendous talent and excellent speed. I don't see anything close to it a BC.

Reaction Score
Over the two seasons Brown was with UCONN he has worked with 3 NFL caliber DLmen in Trevardo Williams, Reyes and Joseph, 2 NFL caliber LBs in Moore, Smallwood (Jory Johnson will get a look) and 2 NFL corners in Blidi Wre-Wilson and Gratz. Wilson may be a first day pick.

He had tremendous talent and excellent speed. I don't see anything close to it a BC.
LB wise were just as good. DL is odd had a lot of top recruits but the development hasn't been there yet hopefully a new coach can make things work. If what we've heard about the last DL is true it's no wonder. And I won't argue the secondary at all it sucks. ALJ and maybe Simmons are the only potential NFL guys and right now Simmons is a stretch. Gotta hope some of the young guns step up.

Reaction Score

I watched this and it almost made me sick to see the logos on the helmets of the opposing teams. USC, FSU, Miami, MSU, VT, ND, Clemson, etc. In the future add Cuse, Pitt, UL. Unless the ACC falls apart their future home schedules will include at least three of these every year. These are teams we would kill to play on a regular basis. BC will and we won't unless something changes radically. In my mind this more than anything else is where the future threat to UConn FB lies. How can we remain releveant while stuck in the NNNBE. Please don't say just win and point to Boise. They are the execption not the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom