Today's Presser | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Today's Presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Diaco just said having Bryant back "is a stretch."

For what it is worth, HCBD said even if Sherriffs is medically cleared, he won't play him "if he can't perform at a high level." So much for the "if he's cleared you play him" school of thought.

Oh, he also had some classic Diaco speak. Somehow today, I found more acceptable. He literally talked about love and trust and respect and then went right into hungry huskies. For a second, I thought he was going to go full golden football.

Last edited:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Maybe Matt Bonislawski will start - strange things happen in Pennsylvania!
My memory of Bones was the naked bootleg for a first down to seal the win in the cold against USF. I'm choosing to forget most of the other stuff.

Reaction Score
For what it is worth, HCBD said even if Sherriffs is medically cleared, he won't play him if he can't perform at a high level. So much for the "if he's cleared you play him" school of thought.

Presumably, if he's cleared to play, medically, it means they can perform at a high level. I have a hard time believing a doctor is going to let him play if he's still showing signs of a concussion, period. You're inventing a new state between "medically cleared" and "able to perform at a high level" which I don't think actually exists.

CL82

Reaction Score
Presumably, if he's cleared to play, medically, it means they can perform at a high level. I have a hard time believing a doctor is going to let him play if he's still showing signs of a concussion, period. You're inventing a new state between "medically cleared" and "able to perform at a high level" which I don't think actually exists.
It was coach Diaco's distinction not mine. If you want to check it out, it's toward the end of his presser.

Edit: I'm not sure that was clear from my original post, so I edited it to put that language in quotes.

Reaction Score
It was coach Diaco's distinction not mine. If you want to check it out, it's toward the end of his presser.

Edit: I'm not sure that was clear from my original post, so I edited it to put that language in quotes.

Link to presser?

CL82

Reaction Score
Link to presser?
Don't have it. I actually watched it on Periscope, so if you have that app, you may be able to find it there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jeff Fisher and Bob Stoops should have been arrested, Stoops more so. He put an amateur kid's life in danger. At least, Keenum gets paid (at least transparently) for his services. Both QBs thought they were Batman.

As far as Shirreffs goes, if he's cleared he should be able to play. He was on the sideline in warm-ups with Myers during the second half and he seemed like he was have a pretty lucid conversation with him and wasn't bothered by the noise or lights. He didn't "look" bad, but that's how football got itself into this predicament in the first place. If he passes the concussion protocol, he should be able to play. If not, see you in December, Bryant.

As an outsider, it has always seemed that UCONN's medical evaluations of FB players have been properly conservative and risk averse. There are at least two recent cases of UCONN medical disqualifications gaining medial approval to play at other schools. If BS plays, it will after rigorous compliance to protocol.

Reaction Score
There is a pretty well established protocol for concussions now. Not like the old days. You either pass or you fail. Very little grey area. My guess is Sherrefs is out this week but I also expect Diaco won't say that.
Upper extremity injury???

Reaction Score
I still haven't seen the hit on Keenum or the OU QB. From what I have read and heard, both were obviously concussed and should have been removed. I still think PP and GDL should have been jailed for what they did to Whitmer against Cincy.
From that moment forward, I knew PP and GDL were fundamentally bad people who cared more about themselves than the kids. Manuel should have fired PP the minute he hit Storrs. It was disgusting watching that kid get relentlessly pounded. When I was watching I thought to myself those bastards were just trying to make some sick point about toughness.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
From that moment forward, I knew PP and GDL were fundamentally bad people who cared more about themselves than the kids. Manuel should have fired PP the minute he hit Storrs. It was disgusting watching that kid get relentlessly pounded. When I was watching I thought to myself those bastards were just trying to make some sick point about toughness.
Agreed. If people weren't convinced by then (My breaking point was after the Win vs. Buffalo), that decision should have cinched it.

Reaction Score
T. Boyle is not B. Shirreffs.......no debate

No sense in rushing BS back for another 'possible" highlight victory. Nothing (win) is 'guaranteed" if BS plays against Temple.

Pay attention to what's important......Is a risk that may not have an upside worth a risk that can end a football career and possibly have serious life long repercussions. Didn't we go through this already (Casey) because of possible misplaced priorities that may have started at the HS level?

T. Boyle is not B. Shirreffs. But who says T. Boyle can not have the game of his life. If he doesn't, we gain some depth/experience for the program, and maybe B. Shirreffs has a better chance to heal without unnecessarily getting prematurely knocked around.....and be available for a bowl game.

My vote is for Shirreff's health and Tim plays the game of his life.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There isn't any reason to play BS this week. If he checks out and can go in the bowl game great. But nothing to be gained rushing back from that.

Reaction Score
I haven't been paying attention the last few days. Does he have a concussion or did he get knocked out? You can get knocked out without having a concussion as I understand it.

Reaction Score
You can get knocked out without having a concussion as I understand it.
... and vice versa.

As far as I have seen (could have missed it)- the word concussion has not actually been used by the program to describe BS's head injury.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
... and vice versa.

As far as I have seen (could have missed it)- the word concussion has not actually been used by the program to describe BS's head injury.

Check out The Coach's Show on WTIC (if available), but Coach Diaco and Andy Gresh definitely infer concussion.

Reaction Score
Check out The Coach's Show on WTIC (if available), but Coach Diaco and Andy Gresh definitely infer concussion.

I heard it but I still don't think anyone associated w/ UConn has actually used the word... semantics maybe but overly cautious not to label.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
... and vice versa.

100 players on the team. Any of them take a shot like that - there are others that can play 7 days later.

His health is worth more than the Temple game. It would be worth more if they were 5-6 going to Phili. It would be worth more if they were 11-0.

We might not be able to beat Alabama - but thank God we aren't Alabama.

Reaction Score
100 players on the team. Any of them take a shot like that - there are others that can play 7 days later.

His health is worth more than the Temple game. It would be worth more if they were 5-6 going to Phili. It would be worth more if they were 11-0.

We might not be able to beat Alabama - but thank God we aren't Alabama.

Oh, I absolutely agree w/ the way this is being handled. No game is worth the risk. I was only attempting to answer the question posed by Hoophound > "Does he have a concussion or did he get knocked out?<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh, I absolutely agree w/ the way this is being handled. No game is worth the risk. I was only attempting to answer the question posed by Hoophound > "Does he have a concussion or did he get knocked out?<

I didn't mean to imply anything by quoting you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom