Today is not sitting well with the boys... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Today is not sitting well with the boys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't argue with you on that one bro.... You're right... but I think we speak before we give ourselves time to think things true... The reality is UCONN football is NOT where we'd like it to be at the FBS level... The crazy part though is when you watch our games you see glimpses of it... Consistency just isn't there yet... It comes with time....More time than any of easy would realistically like...
Sorry for the rant man, I realize some people type before they think, it's just after years of reading the BS I would think people who claim to know everything would realize that they do that and stop. It just gets really old, not to mention the clowns who never come to the football board suddenly appearing to bash the team too (you know who you are). The team isn't where we would like them to be, I agree, but they are our team and when they win I win when they lose I lose. Its not when they win I win and when they lose I told you so or I would have done x.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Sorry for the rant man, I realize some people type before they think, it's just after years of reading the BS I would think people who claim to know everything would realize that they do that and stop. It just gets really old, not to mention the clowns who never come to the football board suddenly appearing to bash the team too (you know who you are). The team isn't where we would like them to be, I agree, but they are our team and when they win I win when they lose I lose. Its not when they win I win and when they lose I told you so or I would have done x.

Case closed. This sums everything up.

Thread closed.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
not to mention the clowns who never come to the football board suddenly appearing to bash the team too (you know who you are).

I was having the exact same thought late last night!!! Then I just decided this morning to ignore those posts. I'm feeling pretty good about that decision...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Another Poster: The sky is blue.
Whaler: The sky may be a different color than blue because it all depends on how your brain perceives the color through the cones and rods in your eye.
UConnDan97: Good point, Whaler. We may all perceive blue as a different color!
Whaler: No, we don't. The sky is blue.
UConnDan97: What?? But you just said...
Whaler: No, you are crazy. You are just having a hard time accepting what is, and "what is" is that the sky is blue. Deal with it.
UConnDan97: Ummm.....

This is what I feel at least 25% of our conversations sound like. I'm not sure if everyone else is laughing or crying...

My point is pretty simple - if you'd prefer not to engage in debate that is fine with me. I'll spell it out in chapter and verse, see what conclusions you can draw.

WMU is not very good.
WMU kicked UConn's ass yesterday
The UConn players yapping on Twitter are wrong

Conclusion time: So if A isn't very good but A > B - what does that tell you about B?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Many of you are just plain pathetic! You built up expectations founded on nothing and when the tesm doesn't do what you expect you bitch and moan and profess like you would have done so much better! That team yesterday came out flat as hell! They fought their asses off to get back in the game and did! They statistcally out performed in one half what they did in any preceeding full game! Yeah they lost, and its a kick to head, get over it! And if an 18-22yr old kid wants to express himself on twitter during a game HE IS NOT PLAYING IN, or after the game then you need to get over that too! Stop thinking your opinions mean a damn thing you bunch of has beens and never was armchair balloon knots and support your damn team in good times and bad!

Jerry I generally agree with your opinions. This is nuts. Why can't fans have opinions about the things that players are saying publicly? After losses to middling MAC teams are we supposed to be the kid at the Heat game? Hey good try - good effort. No matter how many sandwiches we are served by the coaching staff we are supposed to keep eating them and smiling?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
My point is pretty simple - if you'd prefer not to engage in debate that is fine with me. I'll spell it out in chapter and verse, see what conclusions you can draw.

WMU is not very good.
WMU kicked UConn's ass yesterday
The UConn players yapping on Twitter are wrong

Conclusion time: So if A isn't very good but A > B - what does that tell you about B?

My point is pretty simple also. If you believe you are engaged in a debate, make sure that the other person is actually debating you!!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Western Michigan has kicked our asses two years in a row.

Anybody saying it was "us" and not what "they" were doing is clueless and disrespecting WMU.
Some how Northern Illinois, Easter Michighan and Toledo, among others, managed to figure them out last year. Sometimes the other team beats you, sometimes you shoot yourself in the foot. Today we walk with a limp.

Reaction Score
Jerry I generally agree with your opinions. This is nuts. Why can't fans have opinions about the things that players are saying publicly? After losses to middling MAC teams are we supposed to be the kid at the Heat game? Hey good try - good effort. No matter how many **** sandwiches we are served by the coaching staff we are supposed to keep eating them and smiling?
No you can be pissed, I am as well. Its the manner that it's done. Too many have placed unrealistic expectations on these guys when they have done nothing to warrant it. We are a middle of the pack team coming off a 5-7 season period. And far too many claim to have some superior knowledge about coaching, coaching searches, playing etc, that if they all got their fat asses on the field instead of hiding behind the keyboard we would have one hell of a team. If, as a fan, any one is that emotionally invested in the outcome of an entertainment event played by kids then they have bigger problems than I am qualified to help with.

Reaction Score
Whitmer does not have happy feet. That is very difficult to teach.

I'm looking forward to him running the offense the next 2 1/2 years. Given his poise, our dynamic OC should start utilizing that talent. He stood in the pocket and took brutal shots. My only complaint is that he should audible more, especially on first down, which has only meant first and run so far.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If I'm the ACC, we don't need another basketball powerhouse to battle with the beloved Duke and UNC. They need a reliable football team who produces wins. At this point in time, Rutgers is a more viable option for the ACC than UConn just because of football. They will take beatings in basketball every year, but who cares, football runs things in college athletics and Rutgers could compete with basically every ACC team (exceptions to maybe FSU/Clemson). So sad.

I nominate this post for a 24 hr ban. Our program has been better than RU almost from the jump. Whether that remains the case, has been the point of contention for the past 12 months.

Reaction Score
I want the 10 minutes of my life back reading this thread

UConn is a mediocre team. WMU is a medicore team. Everything else is just noise.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Case closed. This sums everything up.

Thread closed.

Case closed? No offense but I haven't seen you on this board all season. Then we lose yesterday and BAM, here you are claiming UConn is not worthy of the ACC and RU is better and so forth.....we haven't been good since '07?? Come on buddy.....not sure you can quote the post you did and say case closed.....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No you can be pissed, I am as well. Its the manner that it's done. Too many have placed unrealistic expectations on these guys when they have done nothing to warrant it. We are a middle of the pack team coming off a 5-7 season period. And far too many claim to have some superior knowledge about coaching, coaching searches, playing etc, that if they all got their fat asses on the field instead of hiding behind the keyboard we would have one hell of a team. If, as a fan, any one is that emotionally invested in the outcome of an entertainment event played by kids then they have bigger problems than I am qualified to help with.

If people aren't emotionally invested none of it exists. PP gets to make millions because people buy tickets, go to the games, pay their cable bills, travel to bowls, buy licensed products.

I might not be a Division I athletic director and have never hired a BCS head coach. That doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on who the candidates should be and when they make a mediocre hire have an opinion about it.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I don't know about anyone else but, I find this particular fan meltdown a positive sign for the program. If we weren't pissed, I'd wonder about our future as a fan base. It's right up there with traveling well as a sign of strong fan support.

Reaction Score
This fall from the Fiesta Bowl season has got to stop. Some hard decisions need to be made quickly. This program cannot afford patient fans.

Reaction Score
This fall from the Fiesta Bowl season has got to stop. Some hard decisions need to be made quickly. This program cannot afford patient fans.

lol

TDH, you crack me up, I think we have very different definitions as to what a fan truely is. Mine, by definition, is loyal, which often requires some patience.

Hope you make the game Sat.

Reaction Score
lol

TDH, you crack me up, I think we have very different definitions as to what a fan truely is. Mine, by definition, is loyal, which often requires some patience.

I like loyalty too. We as fans and UConn as a program deserved an upgrade in the head coaching position. Not a quick,easy, "safe" hire. A gambler. An aggressive let's light this place up type of coach. We took safe. We took conservative.

Reaction Score
lol

If there was a web board where the players can rip the fans imagine what an example he would be. Never sees anything good, complains even when we win, and wants to fire a coach after one bad season. He also mentions he may quit on the team. Wow. With fans like that who needs opponents

Reaction Score
If there was a web board where the players can rip the fans imagine what an example he would be. Never sees anything good, complains even when we win, and wants to fire a coach after one bad season. He also mentions he may quit on the team. Wow. With fans like that who needs opponents

Then win. Make all doubters become believers.Run the table on the rest of the schedule.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
If there was a web board where the players can rip the fans imagine what an example he would be.

I often imagine that there was a chat board for the players, and I can imagine some of the stuff they would say, too! "UConnDan97 needs to step his $#it up!! God, what a bad commenting day for him! I give him two more weeks and then he's gone! Somebody call up a mod and tell them that we're not going to stand for fans like these. We can't afford to be patient players!!" ;)

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Then win. Make all doubters become believers.Run the table on the rest of the schedule.

As I said in one of the prediction threads, there are no unwinnable games on the schedule. I still believe that but, we need to perform better in all aspects.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I don't know about anyone else but, I find this particular fan meltdown a positive sign for the program. If we weren't pissed, I'd wonder about our future as a fan base. It's right up there with traveling well as a sign of strong fan support.

I would totally agree with you if the Rent is full this Saturday. It is one thing to get on the boards and complain about a coaching staff that is trying to implement an offensive system with a newly minted O-Line and QB from last year, however, you need to show your support come next gameday and show up at the stadium.

Unfortunately, I have already seen multiple comments about people not going because they would rather watch paint dry or grass grow, like the football team owes THEM something and not the other way around. This meltdown that we're experiencing this week just shows how naive our fanbase is and that it will take many, many more years before the people that decided to watch the football game because their lawn was fully grown only to get on the boards and whine catch up to the fans that know what they're seeing on the field right now.

For Reference:

Coming off a loss to ULM (which I think fans here would literally jump off a bridge), they had 73,000 screaming fans the next week

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I like loyalty too. We as fans and UConn as a program deserved an upgrade in the head coaching position. Not a quick,easy, "safe" hire. A gambler. An aggressive let's light this place up type of coach. We took safe. We took conservative.
You're free to want whatever kind of coach you prefer, but I hope you aren't working as a manager for the (conservative to moderate risk) mutual funds I invest in.

Oh, and we actually do have a bit of a gambler on the defensive side, we've had aggressive blitzing work for us in some cases but it definitely bit us in the rear against Carder. I'm not a good poker player but I know you can't go all-in every hand, which is what I think you want. Successful players have random betting patterns, right? A mix of aggression and bluffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom