Today is not sitting well with the boys... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Today is not sitting well with the boys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
UConn isn't very good at all. We haven't been good since like 07.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He might get drafted in the millionth round to the Lions and never get past the practice squad.

Yes, yes...the millionth round to the Lions. Good stuff there. Hey, by the way, there was another QB that was drafted in the "millionth" round and ended up on the Lions for quite some time. He was pretty famous around these parts, too. Most people just refer to him as "Danny O". He's also an NFL-caliber QB, even if his college team never really went very far.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
If Lorenzen can play tight end in the NFL then anything is possible.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
UConn isn't very good at all. We haven't been good since like 07.

Yeah, since like '07.....or like '10-'11 when we won our league and went to the Fiesta Bowl. Or like '9-'10 when we shellacked South Carolina in the bowl game after we beat ND in their own house. But yeah, '07....do you watch a lot of football???

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
2010: Didn't beat anyone remotely good.

2009: Notre Dame sucked, went 6-6. South Carolina sucked, went 7-6.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
2010: Didn't beat anyone remotely good.

2009: Notre Dame sucked, went 6-6. South Carolina sucked, went 7-6.

So who qualifies as good, let alone remotely good? If so many teams suck, including UConn in your opinion, then I have to assume that you only include the Top 25 count as good and maybe "also receiving votes" is remotely good? Is that right?

Because if a winning record means your team "sucks" then I guess we're using different definitions.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lmao, some of you guys need a dose of reality.

WMU ate us up for the seconnd straight year. We sucked last year going 5-7 and it looks like we suck again this year.

WMU was the better team both seasons and that is truly a sad commenntary on the state of our program.

We have no direction and no indication anything will get any better.

25K for Buffalo will be a stretch. If you're a casual football fan in CT why would you spend your money and time seeing this UConn team vs the most unattractive FBS opponent that we've played every single season since I can remember it seems.

P needs to go before this program is further ran into the ground and any chance of leaving this hell hole of a conference is gone.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I for one don't belive the better team won. Our guys did not play their best today.

How many more times would you like to see them kick UConn's a** before you change your mind on that? Think WMU might have had something to do with them "not playing their best"?

WMU is better. Deal with it.

Reaction Score
We were weaker in the trenches. WMU sure looked fired up for this game.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Agreed. Carder is NFL-caliber, in my opinion. And you have to credit their OLine, who kept our blitzes at bay for most of the game. And even with all that said, I still thought that we had a very good chance to win the game today. Two turnovers = 14 point swing, as well as the missed field goal. Still, WMU played a very strong game, and we have to recognize as a fanbase that we played a pretty solid football team today.
Well said,geez I think I feel a little better,just saw Rutgers score oh sick again.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What are you talking about??? READ YOUR EARLIER POST!!! You're incredible, dude. You type to someone else that WMU should get credit for what they did and that they have 85 scholarships too, and now you want to pick a fight with me about how they aren't good. I think it's time for medication....maybe for us both...

I don't see how those things can't both be true. WMU deserves credit for what they did. WMU isn't good, they are ok. Why can't both those things be true - they both can't be true to you because it would mean you'd have to admit that UConn really isn't good - and for whatever reason you need to hang onto fantasies about where this team is going.

Wyoming deserves credit for coming back and beating Idaho yesterday. They both stink to high heaven, but someone has to win.

Reaction Score
This argument startsnwith the fact this program has stalled since the Fiesta Bowl. It start with not doing due diligence with hiring the head coach. Spent more time MF ing Randy for not saying good bye to a bunch of grown men (get over it). UConn took the easy way (cheap, the devil the administration knew, etc). Should have gone for an aggressive gunslinger type.

Reaction Score
Reading the comments that it wasn't them it was us reminds me of the Steelers in the early 2000's when the Patriots would beat them soundly over and over again in the regular season and the playoffs. They always said that the better team didn't win. At some point, you have to swallow your pride and admit that while possibly a more talented team, you aren't the better team.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Reading the comments that it wasn't them it was us reminds me of the Steelers in the early 2000's when the Patriots would beat them soundly over and over again in the regular season and the playoffs. They always said that the better team didn't win. At some point, you have to swallow your pride and admit that while possibly a more talented team, you aren't the better team.

Talk is cheap. The guys got their asses kicked. Like to see them shut up and play better. It wasn't just the coaches.

Reaction Score
This argument startsnwith the fact this program has stalled since the Fiesta Bowl. It start with not doing due diligence with hiring the head coach. Spent more time MF ing Randy for not saying good bye to a bunch of grown men (get over it). UConn took the easy way (cheap, the devil the administration knew, etc). Should have gone for an aggressive gunslinger type.
Am I to gather from this quote that the boneyard was responsible for doing some due diligence on the next coach before hiring coach P? Who at Uconn was MFing Edsell?

Reaction Score
Since game time...

"@MrUconn3: Bout sick to my stomach with how I played today WILL NOT allow it again..."

“@AndrewAdams22: Losing is one of the worst feelings .... #damnnn”

“@MrUconn3: It wasn't what they did... It's all what we didn't do... Don't worry... This will be nipped in the butt... 2 is more than enough” (Sio Moore)

“@BlidiWrehWil5on: IT”

“@MrUconn3: Gotta make a change and a turn around... It wasn't there today... The "It" factor... To the lab to do what it takes to get it goin again”

There have been others...
Actions speak louder than words ! Talk is cheap.Get it done.

Reaction Score
Actions speak louder than words ! Talk is cheap.Get it done.

Well, then go sit out if front of The Burton/Shenkman complex this afternoon and let the players know how you feel.

Reaction Score
Well, then go sit out if front of The Burton/Shenkman complex this afternoon and let the players know how you feel.
That is not on anyone on this board to do. Maybe the coaches could do it, but truthfully tough tweets after a loss to a Mac team ring hollow.

Reaction Score
Many of you are just plain pathetic! You built up expectations founded on nothing and when the tesm doesn't do what you expect you bitch and moan and profess like you would have done so much better! That team yesterday came out flat as hell! They fought their asses off to get back in the game and did! They statistcally out performed in one half what they did in any preceeding full game! Yeah they lost, and its a kick to head, get over it! And if an 18-22yr old kid wants to express himself on twitter during a game HE IS NOT PLAYING IN, or after the game then you need to get over that too! Stop thinking your opinions mean a damn thing you bunch of has beens and never was armchair balloon knots and support your damn team in good times and bad!

Reaction Score
Many of you are just plain pathetic! You built up expectations founded on nothing and when the tesm doesn't do what you expect you bitch and moan and profess like you would have done so much better! That team yesterday came out flat as hell! They fought their asses off to get back in the game and did! They statistcally out performed in one half what they did in any preceeding full game! Yeah they lost, and its a kick to head, get over it! And if an 18-22yr old kid wants to express himself on twitter during a game HE IS NOT PLAYING IN, or after the game then you need to get over that too! Stop thinking your opinions mean a damn thing you bunch of has beens and never was armchair balloon knots and support your damn team in good times and bad!

Can't argue with you on that one bro.... You're right... but I think we speak before we give ourselves time to think things true... The reality is UCONN football is NOT where we'd like it to be at the FBS level... The crazy part though is when you watch our games you see glimpses of it... Consistency just isn't there yet... It comes with time....More time than any of easy would realistically like...

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
P needs to go before this program is further ran into the ground and any chance of leaving this hell hole of a conference is gone.

If I'm the ACC, we don't need another basketball powerhouse to battle with the beloved Duke and UNC. They need a reliable football team who produces wins. At this point in time, Rutgers is a more viable option for the ACC than UConn just because of football. They will take beatings in basketball every year, but who cares, football runs things in college athletics and Rutgers could compete with basically every ACC team (exceptions to maybe FSU/Clemson). So sad.

Reaction Score
Many of you are just plain pathetic... Stop thinking your opinions mean a damn thing you bunch of has beens and never was armchair balloon knots and support your damn team in good times and bad!

Thanks - made me spit my coffee!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I don't see how those things can't both be true. WMU deserves credit for what they did. WMU isn't good, they are ok. Why can't both those things be true - they both can't be true to you because it would mean you'd have to admit that UConn really isn't good - and for whatever reason you need to hang onto fantasies about where this team is going.

Wyoming deserves credit for coming back and beating Idaho yesterday. They both stink to high heaven, but someone has to win.

Another Poster: The sky is blue.
Whaler: The sky may be a different color than blue because it all depends on how your brain perceives the color through the cones and rods in your eye.
UConnDan97: Good point, Whaler. We may all perceive blue as a different color!
Whaler: No, we don't. The sky is blue.
UConnDan97: What?? But you just said...
Whaler: No, you are crazy. You are just having a hard time accepting what is, and "what is" is that the sky is blue. Deal with it.
UConnDan97: Ummm.....

This is what I feel at least 25% of our conversations sound like. I'm not sure if everyone else is laughing or crying...

Reaction Score
[/quote] At this point in time, Rutgers is a more viable option for the ACC than UConn just because of football [/quote]

I think RutgersAl has a family member posting here. That was an attempt at sarcasm right? Right....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom