Today is not sitting well with the boys... | The Boneyard

Today is not sitting well with the boys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since game time...

"@MrUconn3: Bout sick to my stomach with how I played today WILL NOT allow it again..."

“@AndrewAdams22: Losing is one of the worst feelings .... #damnnn”

“@MrUconn3: It wasn't what they did... It's all what we didn't do... Don't worry... This will be nipped in the butt... 2 is more than enough” (Sio Moore)

“@BlidiWrehWil5on: IT”

“@MrUconn3: Gotta make a change and a turn around... It wasn't there today... The "It" factor... To the lab to do what it takes to get it goin again”

There have been others...

Reaction Score
I'd like to hear more if you got them......keep em coming.......And it might fuel my belief in them if they are supremely focused from here on out......Hating to lose is better than loving to win........Unfortunately they are all prisoners to the coaches play calls so maybe GD needs to Hate to lose as much as these guys......

Reaction Score
I'd like to hear more if you got them......keep em coming.......And it might fuel my belief in them if they are supremely focused from here on out......Hating to lose is better than loving to win........Unfortunately they are all prisoners to the coaches play calls so maybe GD needs to Hate to lose as much as these guys......

...and they are also prisoners to their team mates - which needs to be handled by the Captain's behind closed doors.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It shouldn't. Neither should last year's game, and it didn't stop them from going out and getting blown off the ball right from the start.

Reaction Score
I will say that P and Edsall have done a very good job of getting really good kids into this program. I think that that's overrated by some, winning is what it all boils down to, but that can't be completely overlooked.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Blah blah blah. How about Jesse Joseph during the game - these guys should really just stay off Twitter.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Exactly - they can all pipe down.

The whole 'it wasn't them, it was us' angle is a little silly given that WMU has eaten their cookies in straight seasons.

Reaction Score
Hey - don't shoot the messenger. just sharing for those who choose not to have access to Twitter or can't figure it out (like setting up or accessing WatchESPN or ESPN3).

Reaction Score
They do all the work 12 months a year busting their asses for a bunch of knuckleheads posting their football "knowledge" on a sports forum.

Nobody, and I mean nobody on here, gets to tell them what to do or what to say.

Actually Fishy it was becuase they didn't get your gameplan. Next game get it to them early. Do you even read what you type?

Get over yourself.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Eh, duck* off, sparky.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They do all the work 12 months a year busting their asses for a bunch of knuckleheads posting their football "knowledge" on a sports forum.

Nobody, and I mean nobody on here, gets to tell them what to do or what to say.

Actually Fishy it was becuase they didn't get your gameplan. Next game get it to them early. Do you even read what you type?

Get over yourself.

They should stay off for their own good. Unless you think it's a good think to have Joseph publicly criticizing their play during the game.

They are wrong though. Just like so many who post here. The other team has 85 guys on scholarship too - it isn't always about what you do or don't do - sometimes it's what they did.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Western Michigan has kicked our asses two years in a row.

Anybody saying it was "us" and not what "they" were doing is clueless and disrespecting WMU.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Agreed. Carder is NFL-caliber, in my opinion. And you have to credit their OLine, who kept our blitzes at bay for most of the game. And even with all that said, I still thought that we had a very good chance to win the game today. Two turnovers = 14 point swing, as well as the missed field goal. Still, WMU played a very strong game, and we have to recognize as a fanbase that we played a pretty solid football team today.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A solid team that Illinois handled with ease. You know the Illinois that got blown out at home by LA Tech today.

Reaction Score
They should stay off for their own good. Unless you think it's a good think to have Joseph publicly criticizing their play during the game.

They are wrong though. Just like so many who post here. The other team has 85 guys on scholarship too - it isn't always about what you do or don't do - sometimes it's what they did.

Did not see the Joseph tweet...of course that shouldn't happen and I'm sure the captains will make sure it won't happen again.

As for how they feel after the game they can tweet whatever works for them. I for one don't belive the better team won. Our guys did not play their best today. DL is thin and it showed today.

Give a talented 5th year senior QB time and they will beat you more times than not. This game was the first real test for our secondary and they were exposed.

Better coach won. They were well prepped. OL was terrific and ready for the blitzes.

But better team....nope.

I agree with the players.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
A solid team that Illinois handled with ease. You know the Illinois that got blown out at home by LA Tech today.

La Tech is a good team. And also, they should have won against Minnesota....a 4-0 Minnesota. Let's give credit where credit is due, please. And here you go again being the contrarian, just like you love to be, Whaler!! Look up at the top of this page, where you ranted about WMU having 85 scholarships and maybe it was what they did instead of what we didn't do. And the second that I reiterate your sentiment, you say, "...nah, they suck." Good old Whaler!!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You think that Carder won't be drafted this year???? Okay, we'll see about that. Let me mark you two down for that, okay?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
La Tech is a good team. And also, they should have won against Minnesota....a 4-0 Minnesota. Let's give credit where credit is due, please. And here you go again being the contrarian, just like you love to be, Whaler!! Look up at the top of this page, where you ranted about WMU having 85 scholarships and maybe it was what they did instead of what we didn't do. The second that I reiterate it, you say, "...nah, they suck..." Good old Whaler!!

WMU is mediocre. I see that you can't separate the two points. They aren't very good and they still made the plays. I know the conclusion is what you don't want to admit - UConn is not good.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He might get drafted in the millionth round to the Lions and never get past the practice squad.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
You think that Carder won't be drafted this year???? Okay, we'll see about that. Let me mark you two down for that, okay?

Feel free to do so.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
WMU is mediocre. I see that you can't separate the two points. They aren't very good and they still made the plays. I know the conclusion is what you don't want to admit - UConn is not good.

What are you talking about??? READ YOUR EARLIER POST!!! You're incredible, dude. You type to someone else that WMU should get credit for what they did and that they have 85 scholarships too, and now you want to pick a fight with me about how they aren't good. I think it's time for medication....maybe for us both...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom