Today is Big East Media day? | The Boneyard

Today is Big East Media day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

Did a search on google apparently its today. Sure doesn't seem like it...

Reaction Score
It's being streamed live. Coach P. is scheduled to address the media at NOON.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Have they issued a gag order for media outlets until the live stream is done?

Haven't seen any updates from Des, ESPN, Yahoo! or any other media source othere than the results of the preseason poll.

Interim Commish and Associate Commish for football were supposed to speak about 3 hours ago. Was nothing said worth tweeting, blogging, etc?

Does anyone have any social media updates from today other than the results of the poll?

Reaction Score
And, of course, the video stream line said " times subject to change". When I tuned in early (11:55 A.M.) they were just wrapping up the Coach P. interview. Lousy SOBs.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Chin, check Dez's twitter feed. Also some tweets from Silver, Jacobs, Ostrout. Apparently they decided not to roll out Bailey, and went with the associate commish who is a football guy (good move). Another tidbit is that the search for the permanent commish job is down to 5 candidates.

Reaction Score
no commish, no tv....

The league is maintaining stealth. In reality, the BE has a super-secret plan for going forward success. It is so secret that the league won't subject it to implementation. According to BE sources, "if we implement the super-secret plan won't be a secret anymore."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chin, check Dez's twitter feed. Also some tweets from Silver, Jacobs, Ostrout. Apparently they decided not to roll out Bailey, and went with the associate commish who is a football guy (good move). Another tidbit is that the search for the permanent commish job is down to 5 candidates.

Unfortunately I'm blind to twitter while at work.

Twitter has replaced blogging for the quick hitting short burst tidbits, but I would have expected a couple of blog posts before noon.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

Twitter has replaced blogging for the quick hitting short burst tidbits, but I would have expected a couple of blog posts before noon.

get a smart phone!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Swore I'd never sign up for twitter... Finally did recently. Got an iPhone app and have been following Dez's steady stream of updates all morning. I'm sure he'll get to updating the blog but I need INSTANT INFO! Haha.

F

fortebleedsblue

Did I read dez correctly ...

1) McNeil def not coming no if ands or buts ... Couldn't get into grad here

2) trevado is moving to lb? (I had to of misread that)

Reaction Score
ESPNU did a 1.5 hr show interviewing every coach which was pretty good. Tom Luginbill actually had us as one of his surprise teams.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Did I read dez correctly ...

1) McNeil def not coming no if ands or buts ... Couldn't get into grad here

Forte- I read the same.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I didn't get that Trevardo was moving to OLB full time. What I took away from that quote is that he won't have a hand on the ground every snap. He would be great off the edge from a stand up start.
Yep - Dez clarified in his article/blog posts. Makes sense.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So the question isnt how good or bad he can be at that position. The kid is gooing to get the job done this year! The question is are we weak at lb and this is a best move for the team type move or is this that our dl is really good and underated to the point that we can play(fool around scheme wise) with this at times and this will help his draft looks.

Reaction Score

This is great news for Trevardo, if he excels as an edge rusher from the LB position and develops basic LB skills he can turn himself into a high draft pick. He has the speed to do it.

I assume Shamar Stevens will be getting a shot at nose tackle, Jesse Joseph will be an end. Who will be the other end in the 3-4?

This move also takes advantage of our depth at Middle Linebacker. Smallwood and the Maryland kid will probably man the middle assuming the transfer from FL. has to sit a year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This is great news for Trevardo, if he excels as an edge rusher from the LB position and develops basic LB skills he can turn himself into a high draft pick. He has the speed to do it.

I assume Shamar Stevens will be getting a shot at nose tackle, Jesse Joseph will be an end. Who will be the other end in the 3-4?

This move also takes advantage of our depth at Middle Linebacker. Smallwood and the Maryland kid will probably man the middle assuming the transfer from FL. has to sit a year.

Maybe Teddy Jennings if he's fully healthy. If not, McBryde?

Reaction Score
Maybe Teddy Jennings if he's fully healthy. If not, McBryde?
Just another wrinkle to give offensive coordinators fits, being able to switch back and forth 4-3 3-4 with the same personnel will cause a problem as long s the guys know their assignments in each.
Don't forget the new guy Knappe is going to be DL too, from what I've picked upthey feel retty comfortable he may be able to contribute right away, and that is an even bigger body that Stephen to plug up the middle or a monster end.

pj

Reaction Score
So the question isnt how good or bad he can be at that position. The kid is gooing to get the job done this year! The question is are we weak at lb and this is a best move for the team type move or is this that our dl is really good and underated to the point that we can play(fool around scheme wise) with this at times and this will help his draft looks.

I think they're going to get Andreas Knappe some snaps at defensive end and Trevardo some snaps at outside linebacker (his NFL position) to help secure a high draft position for him. Good moves. Good for recruiting to show that you help players make the NFL.

pj

Reaction Score
Don't forget the new guy Knappe is going to be DL too, from what I've picked upthey feel retty comfortable he may be able to contribute right away, and that is an even bigger body that Stephen to plug up the middle or a monster end.

He doesn't have the lower body to plug the middle, but he has tremendous arms to deflect passes with and grab the jersey of runners. He should be able to make plays at end, then they can each him offensive tackle next spring.

Reaction Score
He doesn't have the lower body to plug the middle, but he has tremendous arms to deflect passes with and grab the jersey of runners. He should be able to make plays at end, then they can each him offensive tackle next spring.

I was thinking end as well so TW can drop off to be the 4th LB so he doesn't get engaged by th OT right away and can use his spped more.
I've actually never watched video of Knappe until now, he has a really good motor for a guy his size, needs better technique with his hands so when he's up against bigger (not than him of course) he can get searation, but damn is he big! Check out this video, you may have seen it, but he's all over the Dline in it (and why not he's easily the biggest guy out there). In partiular at the 2:28 mark wher he gets down in a 4 pt stance at the nose and bulls his way over the center to the QB. I only point that out because it shows alot of that lower body power, and if you look where its generating from its his leg drive, keeps 'em moving the whole time. A lot of guys get that initial push lock up with the OL and forget to keep'em moving until they learn better technique. Either position, if they can get him up to speed it will add much needed depth on that side of the ball, but probably will be more end.

http://www.ncsasports.org/college-recruiting-videos-highlights/andreas-knappe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger