To prevent Pasqualoni from being hired away, is it time to renegotiate and reward him with a raise? | The Boneyard

To prevent Pasqualoni from being hired away, is it time to renegotiate and reward him with a raise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
By my estimate Pasqualoni is somewhere around the top 45 to 50 of the highest paid college football coaches. That has to change.

UConn can't afford to lose him to a more desireable fbs school. Neither can it afford to lose him to the NFL. If Manuel doesn't open up the UConn treasury, all this talk of Pasq as the next head coach at Arkansas, Tennesee, Auburn, even whispers about Mack Brown's job, could hurt UConn. Also, having a hot offensive coordinator like Deleone can also inject uncertainty. What happens if they lose him? Would we see Boise State type offensive consistency?

I don't want an A-Rod kind of contract drag on the school, but maybe do what Jurich is doing over at Louisville and publically proclaim that UConn will match any offer that Pasq receives, as well as provide an immediate raise of eleven billion dollars, a Generac 5500, and the chance to name the next calf born at the Dairy Barn.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Completely agree. If we don't crank up DeLeone's pay to be on par with other heavily compensated assistants around the country, we risk losing him. Kirby Smart and Chad Morris are both paid over $1M/yr so I'd say DeLeone should get double that. And we should rename Jonathan the Husky to George the Husky. As for Pasqualoni, I'm thinking a lifetime contract worth $10M annually is a good starting point (keeping my fingers crossed that that's enough!!).

Reaction Score
Absolutely. Double Pasqualoni's salary (but take out the buyout provision). Tell him it's a reward for his excellent job running the program.

Pasqualoni has shown himself to be so delusional, he just might sign the damn thing!

Reaction Score
On a serious note, PP's buyout is a bargain compared to the one Joker Phillips is getting at Kentucky.

from @darrenrovell

Kentucky’s buyout of Joker Phillips will cost the school $2.55 million over two years. That’s $3,493 a day NOT to coach.

Reaction Score
By my estimate Pasqualoni is somewhere around the top 45 to 50 of the highest paid college football coaches. That has to change.

UConn can't afford to lose him to a more desireable fbs school. Neither can it afford to lose him to the NFL. If Manuel doesn't open up the UConn treasury, all this talk of Pasq as the next head coach at Arkansas, Tennesee, Auburn, even whispers about Mack Brown's job, could hurt UConn. Also, having a hot offensive coordinator like Deleone can also inject uncertainty. What happens if they lose him? Would we see Boise State type offensive consistency?

I don't want an A-Rod kind of contract drag on the school, but maybe do what Jurich is doing over at Louisville and publically proclaim that UConn will match any offer that Pasq receives, as well as provide an immediate raise of eleven billion dollars, a Generac 5500, and the chance to name the next calf born at the Dairy Barn.
LOL - some funny stuff.

Reaction Score
Talk about the coup de grace in the PP vs RE saga. I can remember being genuinly concerned when Ga Tech and others were courting RE. And happy when RE's salary was bumped. As for PP, the mere title of this thread made me shudder.

Reaction Score
As I said before, Kentucky got rid of their Joker....when will UCONN do the same?

Reaction Score
As I said before, Kentucky got rid of their Joker....when will UCONN do the same?
Probably the same as UK, during year 3. But if PP wins the Big East next year along with the games against Michigan and Maryland....

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
To prevent Pasqualoni from being hired away, is it time to renegotiate and reward him with a raise?

Only if John Marinatto is charge of the renegotiation ;)

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Probably the same as UK, during year 3. But if PP wins the Big East next year along with the games against Michigan and Maryland....
I may miss it while shooting pigs from the sky...

They need a few more years to get their kids in.

[/sarcasm]

Reaction Score
Talk about the coup de grace in the PP vs RE saga. I can remember being genuinly concerned when Ga Tech and others were courting RE. And happy when RE's salary was bumped. As for PP, the mere title of this thread made me shudder.

Yeah. Good times. I remember when Edsall interviewed for the GT job, didn't get selected and Hathaway gave him a raise anyways. He still left. Hathaway was pretty damn effective.

I think Edsall was discontent with the way his coordinators and assistants were compensated. We were losing coaches in part because Hathaway was a cheapskate.

Reaction Score
I may miss it while shooting pigs from the sky...

They need a few more years to get their kids in.

[/sarcasm]

You could shoot pigs from the sky. The helicopter door would need to be open, and the pigs would be on the ground of course, but if that is how you want to spend your recreational dollars ....

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
You could shoot pigs from the sky. The helicopter door would need to be open, and the pigs would be on the ground of course, but if that is how you want to spend your recreational dollars ....

to spin wildly off topic, I did see that on some TLC or Discovery show how they are trying to wipe out the wild pigs somewhere...

dammit I need to be more creative and clear when paraphrasing cliches!!!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Man if I awoke from a coma today I could easily figure out this has sucked by the start of this thread

Reaction Score
Year 3? Year 3?! Man, say it ain't so. At the end of this season let's have AD Manual and HCPP go off and have a nice lunch. Afterwards they announce that Pasqualoni is "retiring" due to health and fatigue issues. Thank him for his service and off we go.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom