To Iowa State Fans | The Boneyard

To Iowa State Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I said this in a thread before: this team was prepared to play. They didn't come out balls-to-the-wall like they should have on defense, but your team took advantage of the holes in their defense. When they focused, your team made just enough plays to keep UConn from getting it too close for comfort.

You earned it. White was very good--not as good as he was made out to be, but better than I imagined in correcting for your perceived bias.

Congrats, and please go beat Kentucky.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Congrats. You guys are good, and I'm sure have been waiting for this win for a long time. Enjoy it.

And yes, beat the crap out of Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Congrats ISU. You handed it to us tonight. Go beat UK.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Good luck against Kentucky. I think you have a shot at winning.

Reaction Score
Good squad, and well coached. Our bigs were completely eliminated from the game. Congrats the cyclones hope they upset UK

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Good luck to the Cyclones the rest of the way!

Reaction Score
White was very good--not as good as he was made out to be
15 points, 11 boards, 2 assists, with only 1 turnover while handling the ball a lot. He was as good as he was made out to be.
Show some class.

Reaction Score
Definitely rooting for them against Kentucky. I hope Royce White puts his nuts on Davis' face.

Reaction Score
15 points, 11 boards, 2 assists, with only 1 turnover while handling the ball a lot. He was as good as he was made out to be.
Show some class.

+1 minus the class thing...he was made out to be lebron...he was only lebron-lite i see where he's coming from

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yeah I would at least feel better if ISU beat KY jelly...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
White was very good--not as good as he was made out to be.

What game were you watching? We were his . He was the best player on the court, and it wasn't close.

Reaction Score
Thank you guys very much. With being irrelevant the last 7 years getting a W means alot to us and almost makes the Greg McDoormatt years seem like light years ago. Almost but not quite...

You guys have a very talented and well coached team. Thanks for the kind and friendly posts to us Cyclone fans.

Good luck in future seasons and hopefully we can meet again (hopefully a home and home series) and you can experience some Hilton Magic!

Reaction Score
Congrats to Cyclones fans. Your fans showed up at the game and your team wanted it much more. Beat UK!

Reaction Score
What game were you watching? We were his . He was the best player on the court, and it wasn't close.
15 and 11 is very good. He was the best player on the court. Did you read the ISU board? He was essentially a god.

White was very good. Certainly not one of the best performances against a UConn team though. Not even close--he wasn't Elijah Allen or anything.

Reaction Score
they will give UK all they can handle, this team has heart and motivation

Reaction Score
15 and 11 is very good. He was the best player on the court. Did you read the ISU board? He was essentially a god.

White was very good. Certainly not one of the best performances against a UConn team though. Not even close--he wasn't Elijah Allen or anything.

There is the homerism bias that comes with White, then there is the love that goes towards for him for how he has been as a person at ISU which elevates the talk on him a bit. Either way, he is the heart and soul of the team that brought the program back and ISU fans love him for it. It's hard to go from winning two consecutive B12 championships to start the decade to fall to the depths that ISU has been in the last seven years.

As for the game, I know ISU too well to get confident with a 20 point lead and when it got back to six, I about had a heart attack. Have to give the UConn kids credit for fighting back from an early hole.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Much better to post compliments to ISU here than anything else. Congrats.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

caw

Reaction Score
Show some class.

He was good, about 50% of what ISU fans made him out to be though.

His rebounding is very good.

He isn't unstoppable. I know he didn't score a point on Roscoe in the second half. I'm not sure if he did in the first, but I don't think he did. He scored 8 points in the first half, I think then Roscoe started defending him at the 7 minute mark, didn't score again that half and his one assist came when he got striped of the ball. Second half he scored 2 off a fast break when they stole the ball, 2 on Giffey in the post and 3 from the stripe when Drummond fouled him.

His handle is very good, but he should have been able to abuse Roscoe, if he was as good as ISU fans said he was.

Edit: Seriously am hoping for ISU to beat UK but they will need to make a ton of 3's to do so.

Reaction Score
Show some class.
You really think my post wasn't congratulatory enough? Really?

Whatever...the kid was good, not great. He was the best player on the floor. That's not enough praise?

Reaction Score
You really think my post wasn't congratulatory enough? Really?

Whatever...the kid was good, not great. He was the best player on the floor. That's not enough praise?
Sorry man - I overreacted. Please accept my apology.
Here's my thought on a loss like this: we got beat. I either compliment the other team, or I say nothing. I despise sour grapes.

My thought is that the guy was a rock. He carried his team, he was solid, he was a pillar of stability and fearlessness - nobody said he was LeBron. He was well beyond any of our big men. It just doesn't sit well with me when a guy clearly has a fine game and leads his team to a nice victory over us and we can't just say, "well done." We've got to throw in a "but . . . not as good as . . . " or a "won't be a good pro" or "whatever."

We're UConn - we don't bitch and whine. We show class in victory and class in defeat.

Reaction Score
As much as I hate the mascot of ISU, for those football reasons I keep bringing up, I will be willing to root and congratulate you guys.

Please beat Kentucky!

Reaction Score
We're UConn - we don't bitch and whine. We show class in victory and class in defeat.
We definitely have fans who'd yell at their TVs as if that's going to accomplish something. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom