To all the SC fans -- you guys have a really good team | The Boneyard

To all the SC fans -- you guys have a really good team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just wanted to put out something to the SC fans out there. The final score of tonight's game notwithstanding, you have a really good team. It was enjoyable watching both teams throw everything they had at each other.

Especially so since I did not see SC do what a lot of teams recently have done to try to beat UConn -- literally try beating us up. Only eighteen fouls for the entire game; I don't know, but that seems to me to be rather low for one of our opponents over the season, as a lot of teams have come at us with the idea of beating up on our players, and daring the refs to call all the fouls that ensue, knowing they cannot. That your team came into our building and decided to play straight up basketball and see what they could do speaks to the kind of team you have.

I had the opportunity on a business trip to Columbia SC in 2010 to watch a young (in her 2nd season) head coach Dawn Staley coaching her team in a game; as I had no rooting interest, I just wanted to see what her team looked like. I was then, and remain to this day, very impressed with her coaching style, and said at the time that she was the kind of coach who could bring South Carolina a long way. Well so she has done, bringing them from perennial also-rans in the SEC behind the likes of Tennessee and Georgia, to being one of the premier teams in the country. Last night's game, in my opinion, takes nothing away from that.

I have a sneaking suspicion that on an evening in a month and a half in Tampa, these two teams may go at it again. Having seen them do it last night, I am at least confident that that game will be enjoyable to watch, regardless the final score. It will be a game of basketball -- not "let's see how often we can whack a Husky and get away with it," which unfortunately many opponents have been trying of late -- nor will it be a game of one on one times five, which so much basketball seems to be these days; but a true game of one good team against another.

Thanks for a great game! Good luck with the rest of your conference schedule.

Reaction Score
Well said. They gave the Huskies all they could handle, the final score not withstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom