TJ for Offensive Coordinator | Page 3 | The Boneyard

TJ for Offensive Coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The more I read your post, Confident Carl, you make a strong point.
Does make sense as the positions get filled around the country.... will be surprised if he doesn't go to Oregon but....

Understand some on here who would think V2.0 will probably go with someone who he has worked with before but like a few on the BY, would be excited to see TJ as OC.
Edsel is fairly well connected and wouldn't be surprised if something isn't already planned with someone other than TJ...
But TJ:
1) Knows the teams in the AAC better than any available or most candidates having coached against the current AAC teams.
2) Exhibited ability to coach in adverse interim conditions after PP fired and seemingly worked well with administration & Coach Foley.
Can open the offense up and just Coached USF to a bowl win over South Carolina. (Hung 41 points on an SEC team... hmmmm)
3) Knows what UCONN and Connecticut are all about.
4) Believe lived here for a year (2014) after not getting the HC position
5) Does have strong pedigree with schools such as Alabama. Michigan, Cincy in his resume.
6) Harbaugh would never have had him at Michigan if he didn't bring value and experience, even if only for a year.
7)Still loved what he did in assisting and showcased Geremy Davis talents and coached us when Cochran set the
single game passing record (ONLY TO SEE FHCBD virtually sit Davis out (& then GD gets drafted by the Giants) repeatedly
8) Most importantly: family seemed to really like it here.
9) second most important: Doesn't NEED A WINTER JACKET so we might be able to pay him less >>>>

Well it's a pretty good bet that TJ's out at USF! This is being reported today.

South Florida: After being widely reported, Sterlin Gilbert’s addition as offensive coordinator on Charlie Strong’s staff at USF is now official.

South Florida To Hire Sterlin Gilbert As Offensive Coordinator

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Did you get a response from Athletic Director Dave as of yet?

Reaction Score
Did you get a response from Athletic Director Dave as of yet?

Not yet. I sent it to David Benedict, Beth Goetz and Vic Cegles. I didn't expect a response other than thanks for your interest in UCONN football. I have met them at various events and understand that theses developments are hush, hush. Most times the associate athletic directors don't even know what is going on.

I just wanted to give them my thoughts about TJ. As I have posted, I also like Donnie Kirkpatrick at JMU. I am looking forward to the FCS championship game at noon tomorrow. Also like Fordham's Andrew Breiner as a possibility. An announcement of any of those three would be exciting to me. There are so many variables that go into this hire.

Whether under Diaco or Edsall, the OC is still one of the most important hires in the last six years after experiencing the pathetic offenses under George DeLeone, Mike Cummings and Frank Verducci, UCONN fans are starving to see explosive offensive football! I realize that takes talent which is a huge variable!

We all should hear something real soon. All we can do is hope for the best! I understand it's hard too after all the past disappointment.

Reaction Score
TJ is obviously available and capable. I'm 200% behind bringing him on. If he walks back into the Rent as OC I'm giving the guy a standing O for sheer class, given the crap sandwich he got from the Rock Star.
TJ exudes class, humility and self discipline. Everyone who meets him is completely impressed. Between that and his ability to win games in tough situations, I can't imagine why anyone would be at all skeptical of bringing him in.
Would welcome coach TJ.
He worked quite well with Coach Foley in the brief time TJ assumed control after Pasqualoni and had positive results .
Would be very pleasantly surprised if they are both revealed and announced returning to Storrs.

Reaction Score
20.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm confused by Weist. He seems like a good coordinator when given the opportunity, why is there not more demand for his services? Especially since multiple jobs at the P5 Level come up yearly. Maybe he goes with Taggert, but the wife may like it in Sunny Florida. Maybe he looks for a position in The SEC/ACC? As for Edsall, like most coaching hires connect the dots. Odds are the coordinators have coached with him before, or are connected to coaches that have.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Ldandy, post: 1981807, As for Edsall, like most coaching hires connect the dots. Odds are the coordinators have coached with him before, or are connected to coaches that have.[/QUOTE]
TJ coached closely with Coach Foley during that brief period after Pasqualoni and was quite surprised that Coach Foley wasn't in the first round of named hires given the success the first time around with HCRE.

Reaction Score
TJ's offense throws the ball too much for Randy. It also scores too much and would take the spotlight off the "smash mouth" philosophy. Got to have OL be the stars not the QB and WRs.
Honest question.

Did you watch any UConn football between the years 2000-2004?

If so, which QB on the roster from 2005-2010 gave us a better chance to win throwing it 40 times a game vs. utilizing 2 future NFL running backs?

Donald Brown + Jordan Todman > Every UConn QB not named Dan Orlovsky.

You come here (nearly) every day and say the same thing over and over. It's not optimistic, it's not original, it's not funny, it's not insightful, it isn't even accurate. I'm sure in real life you're a nice guy, but your act here is beyond tired.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wing,

Evidently you aren't familiar with what TDH has been posting for a decade. The way he sees it, the more often you throw the ball the better your chances are to win.

Reaction Score
Wing,

Evidently you aren't familiar with what TDH has been posting for a decade. The way he sees it, the more often you throw the ball the better your chances are to win.
I am familiar, going back to the last board too. Just once I'd like for him to admit the Dan Orlovsky years happened, that Edsall had no problem giving the green light to his QB, and that the problem wasn't Edsall's dislike of the forward pass, but the fact we had two straight NFL running backs.

Edsall deserves all the criticism for not landing/developing another QB. Repeatedly saying Edsall just doesn't want to ever throw the ball is ignorant.

I'm convince he just keeps beating the drum so that the day we land a quality QB, and inevitably start throwing the ball more, he can give himself a pat on the back for being "right" about something as obvious as "you're a better team when you can successfully throw the ball downfield"

Reaction Score
I'm confused by Weist. He seems like a good coordinator when given the opportunity, why is there not more demand for his services? Especially since multiple jobs at the P5 Level come up yearly. Maybe he goes with Taggert, but the wife may like it in Sunny Florida. Maybe he looks for a position in The SEC/ACC? As for Edsall, like most coaching hires connect the dots. Odds are the coordinators have coached with him before, or are connected to coaches that have.

Rivals has Weist at 2 stars. He is an under the radar guy.

Reaction Score
WTF!!! I'm getting pissed. Can we just names the coordinators please?!?!
New season starts at midnight and we have to start flipping.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I am picturing in my mind this:
Every member of the incoming staff is staged at various airports/ hotels throughout the country. The clock strikes 12:01am tomorrow and boom.....they're off and driving....
Somewhere around mid-morning, we see a press release of the remaining staff followed up by another 12 releases with verbal commits, each containing the 3-4* variety..
I am going with this theory. Will help me sleep tonight.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
We have named our new OC:

Reminds me of GDL if he dressed like Diaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom