Tina Yothers risk with Arya Stark actress? | The Boneyard

Tina Yothers risk with Arya Stark actress?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Most shows that cast a lot of kids have at least one actor/actress that doesn't come out of puberty anything like they went in. Tina Yothers is the most notorious example of this, going from cute kid to someone that looked like a 10 year NHL veteran by the end of her Family Ties run.

Game of Thrones has two actors that are potential problems. Actually, Isaac H. Wright (Bran) is not a potential problem so much as the show may have to recast the part at some point. He looks like he has grown about 4 inches since season 2, is only 14, and looks to be well on his way to being about 6'3 in 2-3 years. Given that he plays a paraplegic, I am not sure how you can carry around a guy that big, or even put him in a cart, for 4-6 more seasons.

Maisie Williams is interesting, and could break in any of a number of directions. Arya is supposed to be lithe, graceful and athletic. Williams is none of those things. She is a good actress, but the scene of her running out of the cave in the last episode looked like it was filmed in slow motion. I could crawl backwards faster than she can run. She is also a little stocky. She isn't fat so much as that is just her body. She has wide hips, which often lead to a big chest, which will make it harder for her to be Arya You can get past the body shape for the character as long as she doesn't fill out, but her lack of athleticism is going to be a problem going forward. She has to get into some training for she will not be able to pull off the part.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
That, and she insists on running the wildcat even though it hasn't worked since the last days of the Mad King.

Reaction Score
Most shows that cast a lot of kids have at least one actor/actress that doesn't come out of puberty anything like they went in. Tina Yothers is the most notorious example of this, going from cute kid to someone that looked like a 10 year NHL veteran by the end of her Family Ties run.
yikes!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is one of the weirder threads we've seen in a while.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So you're projecting Arya Stark isn't going to get any scholarship offers and will either walk-on on play Division III...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
So you're telling me Tina Yothers lost her childhood good looks??? That's just sad. I stained dozens of socks thinking about her back in the day.

Tina_Yothers11.jpg

Clarification: Although I still lived at home and watched every episode in my parent's basement, I was 11 during Family Ties' heyday. My post would be much more disturbing if I were say 38 at the time.

I'm 42 now and still watch re-runs down here though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So you're projecting Arya Stark isn't going to get any scholarship offers and will either walk-on on play Division III...

That is the gyst of it. Brienne of Tarth will get her pick of D1 offers to play the 4 though.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
This thread ought to repair the Cesspool's slipping reputation as a home to Nutbaggers alright.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Separated at birth. Tina Yothers

daf124d9fa964b1

Monica Lewinsky
Monica-Lewinsky.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics