Time-Out For A Breath Of Inspiration | The Boneyard

Time-Out For A Breath Of Inspiration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For all the parents, grandparents, (and parents of players), I thought you'd enjoy reading this. It's from my grandson Jack's Youth Football Coach, emailed yesterday before he and his teamates play today in the 6th grade Superbowl game. They are big underdogs. I like it a lot.

Subject: Perfection

Team:

Tomorrow is a very big day. These are the moments you remember. These are the days where everything else is on hold and you have the opportunity to come together as a team--22 kids, plucked from the best of the best--to do something great.

Win or lose, the coaching staff is incredibly proud of the way you practiced, worked and played together as a team. We weren't always perfect--coaches included--but we never quit; we never backed down; we never stopped working. We are in the Superbowl!

I watched Mac Taupier--out for the season with a broken wrist--run that last sprint Friday night and thought...man, these kids have heart. His season is over and there he was--working his butt off along side his teammates. He's going to be on the sideline....our BIG good-luck charm, cheering us on. Each teammate needs to take Mac into their hearts tonight and think that this is a kid who would give anything to play in the Superbowl along side each of you. We've got to dig deep for Mac; for Marblehead; and for each of your part of Marblehead Youth Football history.

You're only in sixth grade once. (We hope!)

It would be nice to wear that Superbowl Jacket and walk in the town Holiday Parade with that trophy in each of your hands.

"Six Grade Superbowl Champions".

That has a really nice ring to it. Dig in. Dig deep. Do the work. We can beat these guys. For Mac...For Marblehead; and for each of you.

See you tomorrow.

The Coaching Staff

Reaction Score
I take it Marblehead is the town? Nice read. Good luck to your grandson's team.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Nostical,

Does their offense run a trap/drive blocking scheme or do they run a zone?

Reaction Score
Love this line... "You're only in sixth grade once. (We hope!)".

Cape Ann League?

Good Luck to Jack. Let us know who wins!

Reaction Score
Yes Cape Anne League. Marblehead lost a spirited contest 16-8. Proud of the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom