Tim Boyle | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tim Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lagow already tweeted that he would reconsider if another QB was signed. I'm not so sure I'd want to risk that, if only because Lagow seems to be off the scale in leadership skills.

This was his exact tweet... Richard Lagow © (@RichardLagow) tweeted at 1:17 PM on Fri, Jan 18, 2013:
if uconn took another qb in my class it would change things significantly just so yal know!

Read into what you may... he doesn't seem like the kind of kid to run from competition.

Reaction Score
I would hate to see Lagow go somewhere else. But until someone steps up and takes hold of the QB position, I think we have to bring in guys that fit the system and are willing to compete. I'm not a big fan of Boyle, that's on record. However, he is talented and if we can lure him away from BC, I'm all for it. Let them all come in and fight for the position. If we lose Lagow because of it, so be it. I would have rather seen him tweet, he welcomes the challenge of another QB in his class. It would have shown he's confident in his ability and is willing to fight for the job, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
This was his exact tweet... Richard Lagow © (@RichardLagow) tweeted at 1:17 PM on Fri, Jan 18, 2013:
if uconn took another qb in my class it would change things significantly just so yal know!

Read into what you may... he doesn't seem like the kind of kid to run from competition.

huh?????????????????

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
@RichardLagow: haha I love competition. I seek it out in everything I do honestly!
Does it not seem like he may be reading the board?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
@RichardLagow: haha I love competition. I seek it out in everything I do honestly!

Damn I like this kid! I'd rather have a QB recruit who has shown nothing but a desire to be a part of our UConn FB program than one who may want to be here because he was afraid of a challenge at his first choice.

Reaction Score

I have enough crippling neuroses without worrying about parsing high school kids' Twitter feeds. ;)

Reaction Score
And he just said this:
@RichardLagow: even if uconn brought in another qb, I'm confident I'm better than whoever it is and would beat him out. but that's too far for comp...

@RichardLagow: but that doesn't even matter cause right now I'm 100 uconn

Seems like he's our no matter what now. I like it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
And he just said this:
@RichardLagow: even if uconn brought in another qb, I'm confident I'm better than whoever it is and would beat him out. but that's too far for comp...

Now I'm confused. Does "but that's too far for comp" mean he wouldn't go to a school so far from home (UConn) if he has to compete with another QB recruit in his class? That would change my enthusiasm for RL a bit.

But that doesn't even matter cause right now I'm 100 RL :)

Reaction Score
Now I'm confused. Does "but that's too far for comp" mean he wouldn't go to a school so far from home (UConn) if he has to compete with another QB recruit in his class? That would change my enthusiasm for RL a bit.

But that doesn't even matter cause right now I'm 100 RL :)

Haha. Totally agree with this. I'm behind the kid but he sounds a little contradicting in that tweet. "Too far for comp"???? So what you'll only come to UCONN because you thought you would be our only QB in this class? I don't understand guys sometimes. Its not like your not going to have competition coming here anyways (or any other big time D1 school for that matter) You still have a 3 time All state, record setting, QB only 1 year ahead of you. Along with our starting QB in Whitmer who was a much heralded HS recruit who competed for a starting spot at a B1G program and who didn't fare terribly with a gapping O line and in his first ever year of D1 ball. And then what....Say you beat them out....Should we stop recruiting the QB position for a couple of years. What if we nab Andrew Ford and he turns out to filthy or some other major 2014 recruit. Then its to far to go back for sophomore year because we wanted to push you to be your best......in the words of CC...>COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!

With that said everything he has tweeted about and all his enthusiasm is unbelievable and I would love to see him don the beloved Husky jersey but he needs to keep in mind that there is competition everywhere, regardless of area code or perception of program.....

Reaction Score
Haha. Totally agree with this. I'm behind the kid but he sounds a little contradicting in that tweet. "Too far for comp"???? So what you'll only come to UCONN because you thought you would be our only QB in this class? I don't understand guys sometimes. Its not like your not going to have competition coming here anyways (or any other big time D1 school for that matter) You still have a 3 time All state, record setting, QB only 1 year ahead of you. Along with our starting QB in Whitmer who was a much heralded HS recruit who competed for a starting spot at a B1G program and who didn't fare terribly with a gapping O line and in his first ever year of D1 ball. And then what....Say you beat them out....Should we stop recruiting the QB position for a couple of years. What if we nab Andrew Ford and he turns out to filthy or some other major 2014 recruit. Then its to far to go back for sophomore year because we wanted to push you to be your best......in the words of CC...>COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!

With that said everything he has tweeted about and all his enthusiasm is unbelievable and I would love to see him don the beloved Husky jersey but he needs to keep in mind that there is competition everywhere, regardless of area code or perception of program.....
I want to first state that I would be greatly disappointed if RL does not end up at UConn for any reason. He seems to be a perfect fit both playing ability wise ( from what I have read ) and attitude wise. He has been a great ambassador to our program, and seems to have made connections with many of the incoming recruits.
I can understand that for as long as he has been committed , it seemed like he was the only QB in the class. I got used to thinking this and probably so did he. So to hear that there may be another QB in the class, just might take a little getting used to. But as stated before every school will have competition. I think RL is up to the task and will honor his commitment with or without another QB in the class. Without ever seeing him play he is already a favorite of mine and someone I will be rooting for. Can't wait to see you in Husky Blue RL.

Reaction Score
And he just said this:

You're all in? I'm all in! Get your up here!!!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I wish I had put as much effort into my response as you did. In my opinion, it's spot on!

And great job with the veiled shout out to Casey. I think we've collectively forgotten about him during his RS year and I look forward to him dropping the clipboard and grabbing his lunch pail this Spring.

I'll be very happy with a QB stable of Chandler, Casey and Richard.

However, if Richard doesn't have ten toes in, he's just another kid on Twitter who talks too much and I'd rather go to battle with the young men who have signed on the dotted line as "100 UConn".

You're a prized recruit, Richard and I personally hope you find a home in Storrs. But don't get things twisted and think you're entitled to the keys to our program.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I want to first state that I would be greatly disappointed if RL does not end up at UConn for any reason. He seems to be a perfect fit both playing ability wise ( from what I have read ) and attitude wise. He has been a great ambassador to our program, and seems to have made connections with many of the incoming recruits.
I can understand that for as long as he has been committed , it seemed like he was the only QB in the class. I got used to thinking this and probably so did he. So to hear that there may be another QB in the class, just might take a little getting used to. But as stated before every school will have competition. I think RL is up to the task and will honor his commitment with or without another QB in the class. Without ever seeing him play he is already a favorite of mine and someone I will be rooting for. Can't wait to see you in Husky Blue RL.

Those have been my true feelings on Richard Lagow from the first time I saw his videos, up until we got his verbal.

Ball's in your court, Rich. Do you "seek out competition in everything" or is there a geographical limit on your intestinal fortitude?

Reaction Score
Maybe this is why Boyle is looking around or talking to UConn.
Seems BC is looking at dual threat Michael Jilian from Hilton Head SC. He visited BC this past weekend

The QB that BC was courting just committed to Toledo. Kind of wierd given the offers he supposedly had. That may cement things between BC and Boyle.

Reaction Score
If there's one thing that leans me to Lagow (sight unseen) over Boyle it's that I think they had Tim on pretty tight reigns over at Xavier. Thinking based on attitude that Lagow may have a little more confidence to make his own decisions out there good or bad. It's just based on the 7 v 7 stuff and his tweets. They've both played and done well in big games but Texas carries a little more juice even though I really was impressed by TB's skills.

Reaction Score
If we're running the spread, Lagow seems like a perfect fit. He'd immediately be the best running quarterback on the roster(unless you count McCummings, who doesn't seem like he's going end up being a full time quarterback).

Still, Boyle is very good and it's never a bad thing to have more talent.

Reaction Score
I read on CT Post blog that our new OC met with him for 3 hours. Making a late push for the local product who verbally commited to BC. I wonder if Boyle is having second thought after BC named Addazio their HC. Addazio loves to run the ball and likes a mobile QB. Maybe we have a chance to lure him away, if the post was true.

Your information is accurate.......

Reaction Score
If we're running the spread, Lagow seems like a perfect fit. He'd immediately be the best running quarterback on the roster(unless you count McCummings, who doesn't seem like he's going end up being a full time quarterback).

Still, Boyle is very good and it's never a bad thing to have more talent.

This is where I'm at too. I'm really excited about Lagow. He looks like an absolute steal for us. That being said, you can never have enough talented QB recruits because recruiting is just so imprecise.

Reaction Score
Just an f.y.i. In his opening remarks (rant) last evening, Joe D. was talking about UConn & happened to mention Richard Legow. Shocking!

Reaction Score
Just an f.y.i. In his opening remarks (rant) last evening, Joe D. was talking about UConn & happened to mention Richard Legow. Shocking!
By name? That is shocking.

Reaction Score
BCU just recieved a commit form a 3rd QB, a dual threat kid from Ohio (3 star no other BCS offers). Would expect UConn to attempt to continue discussions with Boyle. This was Addazio's first commit since he took over after losing a few guys from Spaz's list of commits. Seems to indicate a desire to push the dual threat system as they also took a hard run at another dual threat QB who committed to Toledo. Might get interesting.

Reaction Score
Boyle is definitely putting BC in the rear view mirror. He is visiting Oregon this weekend and supposedly also looking at Pitt and UConn.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Boyle is definitely putting BC in the rear view mirror. He is visiting Oregon this weekend and supposedly also looking at Pitt and UConn.

this is going to get interesting quick

uconn has 1 qb and wants a 2nd. we have room in the class as we want 25ish slots filled and are the local pick. we know TJW met with boyle recently and we have really grabbed a good hold of ct kids this class.

pitt has 27 commits including a dual qb who is on campus already. they seem to want to fill 1 or 2 more slots for a full class.

oregon has a small class and are the leader to land a juco qb to top off there class. oregon with chip last summer were one of the early schools to show interest in boyle. as we all know oregon is nike u and kids dont say no to the flash and bright lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom