Thon Maker Declaring for NBA Draft | The Boneyard

Thon Maker Declaring for NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The question remains whether or not he will be eligible.

Honestly, this may be a blessing for Arizona State. He's a great talent, but he has seemed like a NCAA violation waiting to happen. That's the last thing that program needs.

Reaction Score
I remember people thinking Drummond might do this. Maker meets the age requirement, so I wonder why the NBA wouldn't allow it.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Can he declare and undeclare if he doesn't get invited to the combine, like every senior in the country this year?

Reaction Score
I'd really like to see a rule change. Either allow kids to enter the draft out of high school or make them stay two years in college.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Can he declare and undeclare if he doesn't get invited to the combine, like every senior in the country this year?

The only thing that matters for him is not hiring an agent. And not being in the 'final declarations', or whatever it's called, for the draft.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The only thing that matters for him is not hiring an agent. And not being in the 'final declarations', or whatever it's called, for the draft.
Of course he hasn't hired an agent. He has an 'advisor'..... ;)

Reaction Score
Have to notice the timing on this one, this assistant was hired because of his ties to Maker, that is why a lot of scouts thought Maker might land there. Also had strong ties to Mario Kegler, he lands neither, and now the day after its revealed Maker is going pro now the news comes out his contract isn't being renewed. Things that make you go hmmm...

Reaction Score
This kid gave me the vibe that he had no interest in going to college from the first time i seen him.

Reaction Score
I'd really like to see a rule change. Either allow kids to enter the draft out of high school or make them stay two years in college.
I think that would just make players who aren't ready for the league but don't want to be on campus for 2 years make the jump. I think all they should do is add back the straight from High School.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Have to notice the timing on this one, this assistant was hired because of his ties to Maker, that is why a lot of scouts thought Maker might land there. Also had strong ties to Mario Kegler, he lands neither, and now the day after its revealed Maker is going pro now the news comes out his contract isn't being renewed. Things that make you go hmmm...

Bobby Hurley being a dirtbag ...say it ain't so!
;)

Reaction Score
NBA cleared him for the draft. Should be interesting to see if this causes any ripples. A few 5th year high school kids to keep an eye on Wenyen Gabriel, Jon Isaac, and Rawle Alkins could qualify based on being 1 year removed from graduating, or at least the year they were supposed to graduate in Alkins case, and 19 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom