Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
images

"Okay...we're gonna click...in...March. Tourney title. Okay, noted."

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Somebody discovered the secret to upping their like/post ratio.
Rationale:

1. Rodney Purvis averages 15 points/game in March. Arguably when he's at his best.
2. Jalen Adams will play his best.
3. Vance Jackson will be the contributor we need by mid-February.
4. Our offense has improved since conference play started. Trending up.
5. 41.7637° N, 72.6851° W

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Rationale:

1. Rodney Purvis averages 15 points/game in March. Arguably when he's at his best.
2. Jalen Adams will play his best.
3. Vance Jackson will be the contributor we need by mid-February.
4. Our offense has improved since conference play started. Trending up.
5. 41.7637° N, 72.6851° W
The only rationale is that we are playing at home.

Reaction Score
Book it. We're gonna click at the right time.
Good god I hope you are right.

We have seen enough from this team to know they are capable of stretches of very good basketball. Sometimes long stretches. But they are terrible in the last five minutes of games. They don't know how to win. They have no poise. Unless that changes, they will go out out of the AAC tourney pretty fast.

And personally, I'm not trilled that they have put us in a position where the rest of the regular season has no meaning.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I predict we knock the leprechaun out again and then a post game rant ensues. "Clock, home court, refs, yada yada."

Reaction Score
It's pretty much a guarantee in my book. The players will be dialed in ready to go in front of our home crowd. There is almost 2 months of basketball left, so there is a lot of time for improvement. I'm expecting to see a more confident CV with the ball at the point, which will allow Jalen to get some valuable rest on the bench.

Reaction Score
I believe this team can definitely win the AAC Tourney... once Enoch develops that consistency by tourney time... ALSO, another key player is Juwan Durham... If/When we get him going we are gonna create all sorts of problems for folks in March...

Reaction Score
We are playing better and more confidently but our margin is too small. Never say never but unless we get a heavenly intervention, a MakersMuppet, no.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The only rationale is that we are playing at home.
CTBasketball brought up some very important points to consider
I agree with all 5 - IF the firs 4 come into fruition as I expect (barring injury), I have no doubt UConn will be playing in the AAC tourney finals
I don't see how you can argue his assessments but they need to happen for success

Reaction Score
I like the recent progress we've seen both individually and as a team, but the over-the-top optimism after the Georgetown loss is just ... strange.

I think a lot of people on here are ignoring just how bad Georgetown is, and UConn blew a big 2nd half lead against them in a matter of minutes. I know the AAC tourney is in Hartford, and there's still plenty of time for improvement before March rolls around. But these grandeur predictions based off a nice 2.5-game stretch are getting silly.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
CTBasketball brought up some very important points to consider
I agree with all 5 - IF the firs 4 come into fruition as I expect (barring injury), I have no doubt UConn will be playing in the AAC tourney finals
I don't see how you can argue his assessments but they need to happen for success
#1 can certainly be argued. The rest I'm ok with.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I like the recent progress we've seen both individually and as a team, but the over-the-top optimism after the Georgetown loss is just ... strange.

I think a lot of people on here are ignoring just how bad Georgetown is, and UConn blew a big 2nd half lead against them in a matter of minutes. I know the AAC tourney is in Hartford, and there's still plenty of time for improvement before March rolls around. But these grandeur predictions based off a nice 2.5-game stretch are getting silly.
I doubt any one really believes that outcome is absolute. Nothing wrong with trying to stay optimistic.

A win with Georgetown was critical because this team is teetering on the precipice of giving up. It's hard to be optimistic and give it your all when bad things continue to happen. I'm hoping that doesn't happen to the kids but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Reaction Score
Book it. We're gonna click at the right time.
I admire your optimism. Either that or you are stoned. But, whichever, I am going to say that winning the AAC to get into the NCAAs will not make this suddenly a good season. In my opinion, making the NCAAs last year didn't make that a good season either. You can't accept and settle for horrific regular season performances over and over again and especially not in THIS conference. At some point KO needs to get back to building a team that dominates in the regular season AND post season. Otherwise, we are always teetering on the edge of disaster as a program. Do people really expect us to win championships from the 8 seed on a regular basis? That was a great run, no doubt, but how often do people expect that kind of miracle to happen? We need some 1999 or 2004 type seasons too. Hell, I would even love some 1990s. Sure, championships are great, however you get them, but the reality is that they are more likely to happen if you keep knocking on the door as a high seed.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I admire your optimism. Either that or you are stoned. But, whichever, I am going to say that winning the AAC to get into the NCAAs will not make this suddenly a good season. In my opinion, making the NCAAs last year didn't make that a good season either. You can't accept and settle for horrific regular season performances over and over again and especially not in THIS conference. At some point KO needs to get back to building a team that dominates in the regular season AND post season. Otherwise, we are always teetering on the edge of disaster as a program. Do people really expect us to win championships from the 8 seed on a regular basis? That was a great run, no doubt, but how often do people expect that kind of miracle to happen? We need some 1999 or 2004 type seasons too. Hell, I would even love some 1990s. Sure, championships are great, however you get them, but the reality is that they are more likely to happen if you keep knocking on the door as a high seed.
There is reason to be concerned but at least acknowledge that were it not for a miracle BE tournament the team might not have gone to the NCAA in the 2010-2011 season. So the answer is twice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom