This team simply doesn't know how to play a full 40 minute game | The Boneyard

This team simply doesn't know how to play a full 40 minute game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Simply put, this team simply doesn't know how to play a full 40 minute game. It seems in just about every game they have a horrible stretch where they can't score and can't defend. They don't get any offensive rebounds which could prevent a long drought. If they played even with their opponent or even a minus 3 to 5 during that stretch, they're either right there to win those games or up comfortably. Just can't spot a team 15 to 20 and expect to win.

This has to be one of the strangest UConn teams I've seen in a while. I just don't have a good read as to how good or bad this team is or can be. Now we've seen a couple UConn teams that have looked shaky throughout the first 2/3rd to 3/4s of the season and then make a remarkable run, but much of those runs were the result of stepping up some lock-down D, improved rebounding and efficiency on the offensive end of the floor. With the new rules that IMO hurt teams that have a history of playing physical D, will not be working in UConn's favor to flip the defensive switch that we've seen in past years. I hope I'm wrong. I hope this team begins to figure out how to play a full 40 and win these types of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom