This isn't the best pill to swallow tonight, but.... | The Boneyard

This isn't the best pill to swallow tonight, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not joining the Big 12 I think is a major blessing in disguise. Watching Boren and Bowlsby up there right now and how the whole process has gone, the leadership of this conference and their schools are nothing short of a abject clown show. If I were a fan of a XII school I'd be embarrassed as hell that these wackadoos are in charge of my school(s) and my conference, as well as this dog and pony show that's panned out over the last year or so.

Say what you will about them, but the leadership of the ACC, Big 12, SEC, and Pac 12 are miles ahead of these guys. Of course not getting a life raft into the P5 hurts, though not losing and AAC members helps, but I'm not convinced that we would've been royally shafted at some point had we signed onto this sinking ship. If the lower-tier XII schools don't think Swofford, Delaney, or Greg Sankey are chomping at the bit to tear the XII to shreds, their heads are squarely in the sand.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Not joining the Big 12 I think is a major blessing in disguise. Watching Boren and Bowlsby up there right now and how the whole process has gone, the leadership of this conference and their schools are nothing short of a abject clown show. If I were a fan of a XII school I'd be embarrassed as hell that these wackadoos are in charge of my school(s) and my conference, as well as this dog and pony show that's panned out over the last year or so.

Say what you will about them, but the leadership of the ACC, Big 12, SEC, and Pac 12 are miles ahead of these guys. Of course not getting a life raft into the P5 hurts, though not losing and AAC members helps, but I'm not convinced that we would've been royally shafted at some point had we signed onto this sinking ship. If the lower-tier XII schools don't think Swofford, Delaney, or Greg Sankey are chomping at the bit to tear the XII to shreds, their heads are squarely in the sand.
We will be joining with the Little 8 in the future, so there's that. Come to Butthead.

Reaction Score
Didn't someone post that what happened to the Big East is what the plan is for the XII? I think they're right.

Reaction Score
It's the $$$ we need to find $10-20 million in new revenue annually once exit fee and state funding dry up.

I know I'm not telling anyone anything they don't already know, but this is what we are facing.

That said I'm about to make my annual $100 donation to the athletic department in a coming weeks so maybe I'll start a fundraising drive page here to see if anyone will match me.

Every little bit helps I guess.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
It's the $$$ we need to find $10-20 million in new revenue annually once exit fee and state funding dry up.

I know I'm not telling anyone anything they don't already know, but this is what we are facing.

That said I'm about to make my annual $100 donation to the athletic department in a coming weeks so maybe I'll start a fundraising drive page here to see if anyone will match me.

Every little bit helps I guess.
I'll match. Can I do it online? (I don't want to deal with their reps.)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
IMG_2717-aaa-for-blog.jpg

Reaction Score
The Texas League should be fine for at least a few more years. Viva LHN!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members