This is what really amazes me..... | The Boneyard

This is what really amazes me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are getting good QB play. Granted, it comes with some errant throws, but that's to be expected from an inexperienced QB. He's also been in a lot of spots where he has to make throws that he would not otherwise make. But, he's accurate, strong armed, starting to see the field well and he's got decent wheels.

We have a top 10-15 defense nationally. To my eye, Brown takes more chances than he needs to, but we just don't give up a lot of points.

Everything else is for . And you are not going to win college football games if you cannot run the football.....and we simply cannot run. At the point of attach, our OL is absolutely being manhandled and our "workhorse back" has yet to break a tackle. The core of what UCONN football has done since joining the BE is nowhere to be found.

I really fear that we are in for a bad stretch, because I see nothing on this OL to suggest it gets better before it gets worse. Cruz was manhandled last night. He wasn't strong enough nor aggressive enough. That's our RG folks.......absolutely frightening.

Reaction Score
We are getting good QB play. Granted, it comes with some errant throws, but that's to be expected from an inexperienced QB. He's also been in a lot of spots where he has to make throws that he would not otherwise make. But, he's accurate, strong armed, starting to see the field well and he's got decent wheels.

We have a top 10-15 defense nationally. To my eye, Brown takes more chances than he needs to, but we just don't give up a lot of points.

Everything else is for . And you are not going to win college football games if you cannot run the football.....and we simply cannot run. At the point of attach, our OL is absolutely being manhandled and our "workhorse back" has yet to break a tackle. The core of what UCONN football has done since joining the BE is nowhere to be found.

I really fear that we are in for a bad stretch, because I see nothing on this OL to suggest it gets better before it gets worse. Cruz was manhandled last night. He wasn't strong enough nor aggressive enough. That's our RG folks.......absolutely frightening.

As I've said before and taking my whacks for it - I'm not convinced this debacle is all offensive line coaching/schemes... so I'll plug it @ 50% coaching/schemes (I think it's less but...). The other 50% is depth/talent. We need to exploit the JUCO ranks for immediate starting talent now while building depth.

Reaction Score
As I've said before and taking my whacks for it - I'm not convinced this debacle is all offensive line coaching/schemes... so I'll plug it @ 50% coaching/schemes (I think it's less but...). The other 50% is depth/talent. We need to exploit the JUCO ranks for immediate starting talent now while building depth.

Agree completely. Not trying to malign the kids, but I will not buy the argument that this line is equally as talented as our prior lines and this is 100% coaching.

Reaction Score

Unfortunately GDL's offense has a 6 yr learning curve due to it's complexity. Even JC players won't have time to learn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom